• Parents are harsh!

If the parent picks it, the child would be hurt. Or it can lead to death. If the child picks it, the parent wont have to be so harsh to the child, and that no one gets hurt. Just for everyone to know, I am in 6th grade, and I know how it is like to be punished, and it is harsh!

• Let kids pick punishment!!

If parents pick the punishments, their children will be scared when parents really scold them. It is definitly better to let kids pick their own punishments. I know me the best. As well, you know you the best. PLEASE say OK when your child wants to pick his or her punishment.

• Kids Know Best

Kids know what would work to help them learn to not do what they did wrong. If kids chose their own punishments they would be less upset about their punishments. Kids need to choose their own punishments, it would also be easier for the parents. The parents wouldnt have to worry about what their son or daughters punishments should be.

• Yes, kids should pick their own punishments

As long as parents are the ones coming up with the choices for the punishments or as long as parents believe the punishments are reasonable and make the point, kids should be able to choice their punishment. Having children have input in how they are corrected helps them understand responsibility and ultimately helping them develop maturity.

• Dont like it

Noooooooo!!!!! Kids can not ever pick thir puneshment i hate this ting its deskusting i hate it mmm fuje but kids shood pike the y thow 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 out!

• Dont like it

• I say No

If kids choose there punishment it really would be a punishment.Also why shouldn't parents be more stricken to there kids because they need to learn from there mistake so they won't do that same mistake over and over again.L also i think kids shouldn't choose there punishment because they wont learn from what is the point of letting them choose there punishment they need to know whose boss

• I say No

• No way should the kids choose the own punshiments!

If parents choose then the child will learn their lesson and if the children choose then they would choose an easy one so they won't get hurt and it won't be so bad. Parents just have to be careful not to punish them too harsh otherwise the child would be in serious pain or it could lead straight to death. Parents should choose but don't be too harsh!

• No, that's pointless

It's not effective as a punishment if the child has a say in what it is, I fail to see the purpose in allowing them to choose their own punishments. Parents should be the ones deciding how to punish their children and doing so in a safe but effective manner.

• That would really defeat the purpose.

A punishment is supposed to be something that a child does not want to have happen. It would totally defeat the purpose if the child got to pick the one they wanted the most. It is supposed to be an annoying and unpleasant experience not a reward, which is what it would become.

• No, they should not.

Parents are there to punish their child accordingly. Usually the parent does not actually like punishing their kid, they are doing it so they learn a lesson and to keep the kid from getting seriously injured. If the kid chose the punishment I highly doubt it would have the same effect.

• Kids definitely should not be allowed to pick their own punishments.!

In order for any punishment to work it has to be administered. No one will ever give them a deserved punishment but will always choose the maximum punishment they can enjoy. If a child is caught stealing a cookie and is asked what do they think their punishment is, they will always choose a punishment that will hurt the least and restrict them the least. If a child is to learn they must know that the consequence for their action is not up to them. Once they are allowed to choose then they will always be able to determine the their own risk factor for getting into trouble. I can steal money from my parents cause the worst I will do to me is ground me for the night.

• No, they shouldn't

No, kids should not pick their own punishments. Parents are there to put their parenting skills to use. Parents are the ones who need to teach their children why what they did was wrong and what they need to do to make it right. Parents who do this will raise better kids than ones who decide what their own punishment will be.