Kids love playing violent video games like call of duty or other shooters. I also read online that fast paced shooters increase childrens reaction times in real life. I know this myself because I am a 12 year old child. So to all you overprotective parents out there cut your kids some slack

• Violent video games are fun.

Violent video games are fine, as long as the child knows it's not real. If they enjoy the game they are playing, PLAY ON! I don't see what the big deal is. It's not going to make them more violent. I personaly do play violent video games and my daughter does too. She loves it! In fact, it made her want to do archery.

• Science says yes!

It is scientifically proven that video games help with hand-eye coordination. Also, violent video games such as Call of Duty allows kids a slight militaristic experience, possibly helping them to choose whether or not to go into the military in the future. Also, they are just freakin' epic. Violence FTW!

• Yes, it'd have no negative effects

It helps, hand-eye coordination, reflexes, and has improved my vocabulary and grammar since I was young. The only time bad effects are sighted are when its too much. My grades are fine, I am physically and mentally fit as well. Even games such as Fallout and The Elder Scrolls have inspired many of my friends to be writers. So no bad-effects here.

• Kids should be able to play violent video games because...

I think kids should be able to play violent video games because it relieves stress and anger, it's a safe and secure out let for kids, and allows kids to safely explore rules for violent actions in their violent video games. I say yes for those specific reason. I say yes for these reasons

• It releases anger and only builds it from frustration.

I think there are levels. Some games are excessively violent and killing=the sole goal but most have a story or reason for the violence. Because you can easily build so many stories around violence, there are tons of great violent games. The thing that makes people angry is a build up of frustration when playing a hard game, so best just let them play if the game is easy enough and they're old enough to tell what's wrong and what's right.

• I think it is okay as long as the child knows its just a game.

The only reason video games were created (violent ones too) was so that people could have fun playing them. For those who haven't really been exposed to them, yes it is violent, but it is also fun. I believe that children should be able to play these kinds of games, but that there should also be restrictions if it gets out of control.

• Parents are just being over protective

I am 12 years old and even me, my 10 year old sister, and my 6 year old brother know not to do what we see in VIDEO GAMES. How stupid do adults think we are, I mean you see violence on the news everyday and you don't see people protesting against GMA do you? I rest my case.

• It's Really simple

Just because you play Halo or Call of Duty doesn't mean you're a criminal. Crime existed before video games, and they are not rising now. My friend has anger issues and when he rages and he calms down when he plays video games. If you had a choice, would you let him play the game and calm down, or let him get even more frustrated! It is just common sense and those who oppose this obviously don't show that.

• Yes they should

Stop always saying bad things about violent video games.It also have positive effect such as improve vision,hand eye coordination,and multitasking and etc..I also see many kids who aren't become violent.My cousin is 13 years old and he play far cry 3 but he didn't become violent.Aggressive behavior is the personality of people.It doesn't come from video game.JUST STOP BLAMING GAMES>

• Kids will take violence to life,

The more kids play violence games they feel immune to it. I'm 12 going on 13 and I think that not even I am ok with violence. Why can't kids just play Mario Kart it has very very little to NO violence. It perfect. I love to play it. So all kids should stick to very little violence. With very little violence improves grades. I used to play violent games. I got 2 D's after I stopped violent video games I improved to a straight A student. But video games still just plainly rot your brain.

• Violent Video Games And Children (Youth Violence)

Kids love games like Call of Duty and Black Ops. But is it really good for them? No its not good for them it makes them more violent people. Such as my sweet brother, when he watched his father play Black Ops he became more violent and into video games. Now he has no friends because of his bad behave your. Even if they like him the parents don't because of his record of bad behave your.

• No, as it causes addiction and horrible behavior in children.

As mentioned above, video games such as Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto play on the "Reward" center of the brain, such as the +100 that shows up for kills in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. This releases pleasure hormones, and encourages further killing. After a while, children begin to get on it more and more, looking up to Youtubers who post content for this, who often are rather rude and abrasive. This starts cursing habits in the child, along with "raging" at the game, which starts causing them to lose friends and make new ones that set bad examples. This is the point at which some parents would intervene, pointing out what the child has done. And naturally, as what happens with addiction, the addict will deny that their obsession has any negative effect on them, and will continue playing. Another thing that plays into this is the fact that each passing year, children will believe that they are "mature" enough to handle such things, and will believe they can have serious responsibilities, or believe that they can be trusted for advice. A good example of this is nearly every "argument" the children on the Yes side provide, saying they can be trusted because they are 12, or will only point out the supposed "positives" of the video games, not bothering to think of the negative effects violent games have on them. So you can generally guess why I would side with No in this subject based off of what I have seen and experienced.

• No they shouldn't

When kids play violent video games they get aggressive behavior and don't respect there parents, when they play games like that they act like its in real life, and think that they can come back to life. Video games that are violent never help with their life or the future.

• Raise aggressiveness levels

In almost all of the studies conducted, children who play Grand Theft Auto raised their aggressive behavior more than watching an r rated movie. People under 18 globally spend more than 3 billion hours a week playing violent video games. I am 11 years old and i support the idea of not playing violent video games, but they shouldn't be banned. That just seems harsh.
    ( ' ')
    \( )>
    / |

• Correlation Does Not Equal Causation.

Just because crazy people play violent video games, does not mean that video games MAKE people violent. The media and misguided individuals always say " The Columbine Killers played Doom extensively", but don't realize that perhaps the violent video games appealed to them BECAUSE they were crazy, rather than making them so. Plenty of sane people, including myself, play violent video games extensively and show no signs of a negative reaction.

• I say No, why would you want to cause more trouble?

Kids shouldn't be aloud to play violent video games, at least wait until their a little more mature. I think 17+ is the appropriate age where you can tell the difference between whats real and whats fake. Kids could become more violent and harm other people thinking its a game, not knowing the difference between real and fake.

• Don't give your child money and then they won't buy rated M games its simple!

Your child asks you for money and he did every thing in the house that you've asked for, what do you do? You think to yourself, you saw a commercial that was a rated M game that had a lot of killing and you say yes to your child but that doesn't mean he's going to kill somebody? Are you guys freaking morons! Even though if violent video would be banned that's not going to solve why kids hurt other people. Back then in the 1900's there was no video games and guess what people are doing they are hurting other people, what a surprise and you thought video games were to blame think again people Adolf Hitler was like the worst person and he KILLED 6 million Jews and that has nothing to do with video games if you were to play the video game GTA 5 (Grand Theft Auto) that's like the most violent video game but why are kids playing this just don't give them the money its that simple! Once again DON't GIVE YOUR CHILD MONEY

• No they shouldn't.

When kids play these games, sometimes they get freaked out. Some factors are innapropriate content, bad language, and sometimes the main character is a killer. An example of a game like this is Assasins Creed. Sometimes, kids inherit the violence that's within these games. Overall, it is a bad influence.

• Kids, if allowed, should have a limited violent video game time

I believe that if kids are allowed to play video games with blood or violence in them, there should be a limit because I, play these kinds of games, and I do know that it has made me a more violent person, and I think that maybe a small amount a day won't hurt, but more than 2 hours can hurt a kids way they think of violence