• In Case Of Help!

If kids have cell phones then if they are in danger they can call their parents or 911. It also helps them in case they get lost they can call for help. Why not have a cell phone? It won't hurt anyone, not that commonly anyway, so kids should have cell phones!

• It is safer!!!!!!!!!!

I think that kids under 18 should have phones because it is safer. The parents can call them whenever needed. Plus you can track the kids if they have a phones. Maybe the could be running around at the park and they twist their ankle they can call you or a friend( or possibly 911).

• Yes they should have cell phones

Because some kids under 14 that go to school love spending time with their family. They would miss their family if they were away from them. So yeah, kids should have cell phones to call their family in rough times.

Also, people at my school are making this a topic. So i'm doing this for a good grade

• Agreeing and disagring

Kids should get a phone and also have it for their own lives. But I have to disagree yes some parents have a right not to give a phon to their children and even I am 11 I don't have a phone and also they are very expensive to buy one. So parents have a right to not not give u a phone. If u have a phone that's good if u don't have a phone that means good cause it means it is ur safety to be safe and securited. So yeah

• Yes bc I'm 9

And if I'm nine ad can have a phone than everyone can I mean it's actually really not that bad and if you are reading this and you have kids think about it and check out my YouTube at: fudgiemc fudge thank you for your time and good luck with your phone problems

• Yes bc I'm 9

• Yes, they should!

I am 11 and everyone in my middle school has a phone but me. I get made fun of by other girls and boys. I only have one friend because of this. I don't want any other kid, tween, or teen going through this situation! My mom still says that I can't have a phone because this a good thing and it gives me the oppertunity to practice my emotional and mental strength. I would feel extremely terrible if I found out that other kids were going through this, too.

• Yesssssss they do

I am. A child my self so of course I believe I would need a phone. This is because any thing could happen any where so I want to be able to call somebody. I doubt if anything happens the teacher would let me see their phone. And plus any inappropriate site the parents could block. Or the things that they don't want their children on.. So I agre

• What if kids want friends to sleep over.

What if kids want friends to sleep over after school, if they don't have a call phone, they wont be able to tell their parents that they are sleeping over.Also if you want to have a sleep over at your friends house, you still wont be able to contact your parents.

• Yes yes yes

Because if someday get lost they just need to call or if school is cancelled and the kid can improve their social skills and many other reasons......Also they could communicate with their friends and parents if they are traveling even though they a are too small but in reality they are not but 5 years girl I will say no I will say 9 or 10 years and above

• Because they don't deserve them.

Because they are always on them wasting money.They are always begging for a new phone from their parents. So their parents are wasting money and the kids don't have to lift a finger. Their poor parents can't hardly even pay for their phones. So kids under the age of 13 shouldn't have phones.

• 12 and under should not have cell phones!!

I don't think that kids under the age of 13 should have cell phones. I am 13 myself and i have never had a cell phone, and yet i see kids that are around 7 years old everyday that have the most up to date cell phones. I think that kids should be outside playing, and enjoying their time that they have to be kids, not sitting on their couch texting their friends and updating their blog. With these kids having these expensive phones it is just wasting their parents money because , since they are kids they don't take care of things like they are supposed to so it would just end up broken or stolen within a couple of days. By giving young kids cell phones you would just be spoiling them.

• No, children under 13 should not have cell phones.

There is scientific evidence to support the idea that attempting to multitask makes us unhappy and reduces our efficacy in performing even simple tasks. The ability to maintain attention through unpleasant tasks is difficult to instill in a child if she is tempted to pick up her phone every few minutes.

• Kids are losing touch.

I am 13 and my parents have confirmed from an early age that I will not get a phone until I graduate from college. All my friends have a phone, and I do get very tempted by it, but after consideration I conclude that phones are not worth it. Kids should not go anywhere alone, so they will never need to call parents if they use the buddy system (I always ask my friends to call if I need it). Also, kids are getting addicted to phones. They may play during inappropriate times, and that would discourage being face-to-face. Studies show kids do worse in school with a phone. Therefore, though it may be very tempting, parents, please do not give small children phones. They may misuse it.

• Unsafe - Internet is Dangerous

I understand that kids under the age of 13 can use it to contact family members and parents, but I don't believe that's the only thing that kids are doing on their phones. Kids are draining their minds to social media and video games online. I have neighbors who have spent their whole Spring Break and summer, inside on video games and electronics.

Kids under the age of 13 shouldn't have phones. I understand that maybe 13+ should have phones because they would have a job and can use their phone to contact their boss or other employees. But when your at least 12 and under, you don't NEED to have a phone taking up space in your pockets.

• Are not safe

You need safety when kids get kidnapped they really never live like only 6% make it alive you would not like if someone in your family got killed because of getting kidnapped or if that was you we can prevent that by putting in a law you have to be 13 before you can get a phone

• 5,6,7,8,9,10, and 11 year olds Don't need phones!

Kids under 12 or 13 years old (12 depending if they walk home from after school activities or walk home from school) The reason why is because kids who have phones can get and play games that are gory and have a lot of fighting like COD and GTA. They can also go onto websites that are inappropriate. I have an IPod touch which is basicly a phone but with out mobile wifi and calling so if you have wifi at your school or were your after school activity you can text you parents! Plus you child cant go over data and spend hundreds of dollars going over. You can also set restrictions and block specific things like a specific website or game.

• Because little kids that are on soacil media could easily give out important info and get kid napp

Kids that get on socail media are imune to so much stuff. And one easy mistake can jepordize there life hcould hurt there family and them there self they dont know the person bhind that secren so we should care fo our love one and say no to cell phones

• Why do you?

Many kids don't use phones for calling; it is more texting and chatting. And there is a chance of cyber bullying and inappropriate sites. Many kids are addicted to their phones and idolize it over their friends. Lots of kids spend more time staring at a screen then talking in reality

• Yes bc I'm 9