• Why can't we have jobs?

I think kids should have jobs so they can save up for college or buy school supplies. Parents, if your kids keep asking for toys and video games, let them get a job! How many times has your kid(s) asked for a toy or video game and how much money has he/she spent off of you. And kids, even if you don't want a job, vote yes for the kids who do want a job, you don't have to get one. Thank you and vote yes!

• This will help kids especially parents. DO READ!

Kids should have jobs so they can be able to save up for college or buy school supplies. Parents, you should vote yes because no one will ask you if they could get video games or toys! Think about how many times your kid(s) asked for a toy and how much money they spent off you! And kids please support this because you don't have to get a job, but vote yes for the kids that do want a job.

• Telling kids they can't work is like telling women they can't own property. It's discrimination at its worst: fully and widely accepted.

Kids are told all the time that they can't. I haven't met or heard of a single government official that addresses the fact that children are regarded as property. Automatically, their rights can be taken away from officials that traditionally did not earn the right to govern their child's life, they gained it by producing said child. As long as they do not break the federal laws on child abuse and mistreatment, they can treat their child as horribly as they please. Children can be emotionally bullied at home, they can be taken away from activities and causes that they are incredibly passionate about all because they are not given the rights and are held as highly as normal citizens over the age of 18. Age should not dictate abilities, because as much as the government would like to deny it, there are kids at the age of nine that could live on their own, given the ability to sign contracts and get a job. Children have an incredible amount of potential that is capped by the sole fact that they are not employed, and that is not by their own faults. It is by the mindless, outdated decision of the government made so extreme to please people against child labor and never looked at again because the only people that speak out against it are children, and children apparently do not possess a voice, and neither does property.

• I would love a job.

I think that kids should have jobs because I am a 12 year-old and already know a thing or two about money and how to spend it. Heck, I am even better than my parents at working with money. I think kids in double digits should at least be able to work a cash register because most of the time their not even working with real money, but credit cards.

• We are just as responsible as you.

Kids need school I'll give you that, but what do they do at the weekend, play computer, go out and cause trouble? Why don't you let them go to work at the weekend and let them get a taste of what the real working world is like? Let them earn their own money to buy their own stuff, kids are just as responsible as adults and we should be treated the same as adults, if we want to work that's are choice!

• We dont allow kids to work til they are 16 but 2 years later they can go off to war to fight for us? LePage

The number one best thing to get an early teen ready for the business world is to let them work odd jobs that adults are ashamed to work. What does the economy have to hold against teens they would like a little cash in their pocket? It also keeps kids out of trouble while their parents aren't home. Kids get to an age when they realize their small allowance is just too small. Not everyone is going to learn through books.

• With a parent or guardians consent why not!

Adults on here saying no, remember when you were a kid you didn't have a way of earnin money well it was very frustrating wasn't it? It is also frustrating for us. With a parent or guardians permission and limited hours it wouldn't be that bad. They'd still be able to go to school and learn and you would be the one deciding if they would work or not. Why not even throw in applications for us so even if our parents say yes we still have to experience what you guys have to experience and have to see if we're right for the job.

10 year old Male

• Yes we should!

Kids want to be free, Parents want kids to be responsible and make their own decisions. If we don't have a job, We don't exactly know how to act in the real world. We don't even know responsibility! I do think that kids WANT and NEED a job to help support their family or to save up for a later usage.

• Why can't we

I think kids under the age 14 should be able to work. I am 11 years old and i think kids should have the same advantage as adults who have jobs. We need money to and, if we did have jobs we would not go up to our parents and ask for money. Do not care if is a part time job after school or on the weekend on my free time. I want a job.

• More pros than any cons

All of the reasons so far have been about school and age well age doesn't matter but school does. So why don't they just work on the weekend part time for like 3 hours. Any ways no one should care if a 13 to 14 year old works at i don't know McDonalds and gives you your burger and takes your order why should you care they could be saving for their later life its not life to order around so don't worry about it.

• I think kids under 14 should work

I think kids under 14 should be able to work. My first reason is that they can get what ever they won't when they have a job. My second reason is that they can save for collage. Jobs are helpful because you can buy food with the money also buy school supplies. That's why you should vote to allow kids under 14 to work.

• Prepare kids ,responsibility,earn money

Kids having jobs will benefit kids. First, kids need to be prepared for the adult world of jobs and experience work. Second, jobs give kids responsibility and test them if they can handle the job. It will also improve their behavior. Third, kids can earn money and practice to use it wisely on things they enjoy. Therefor, kids should have jobs.

• They should go to school, work is not for kids!

Children, being immature and young, do not know how to protect themselves or even know their employment rights at the workplace. They risk exploitation by the boss, customer or their older colleagues who may take advantage of them sexaully. They should just stay in school to study for their better future, and not start working before they are 14.

• No because school > xbawk

Kids need to focus on school, not saving up for the new xbawk. There is a reason you need to go through several things before you can work as minor. Also an employer could easily abuse and use the kids as they do not know what they are doing and, well, they don't know any better. They have only been on this earth for at least 14 years.

Posted by: RO17
  • Should kids under 14 work?

I think kids under 14 should not be able to work. My frist reason that I think this is that they should stay in school . Kids need to get diplomas the second is that it can be dangerous .There is physical harm at some jobs or adult might take advantage of kids this is why you should support kids under 14 not working.

• I think kids under 14 should not work

The first reason is that kids need to stay in school so they can get a better education and a diploma. The second reason is that kids need time to do their homework. Kids will not have time or energy to finish homework if they are working. This is why you should support not allowing kids to work.

• 14 is a good age

At the age of 13 most kids are not mature enough. 14 is the age where you start wanting more expensive things and our parents don't want to pay for us if its not necessary. That is the reason that we should not have a job till the age of 14.

• I do not think that kids under 14 should be able to have ajob

Kids belong in school not in an environment of independence and exploitation of older fellow employees. Also for adults : can you imagine how an adult would feel if his or her boss was a kid?! Now let me elaborate on that, some jobs like babysitting or running a lemonade stand are much more acceptable jobs for an immature under aged child.

• No jobs for adults?

Why I think kids should not have jobs is because it take jobs from adults that need it more and then the adults would be stressed about how much money they have for there kids and the adults would be jealous about all the kids that have jobs
    that is the reasons why it would take away jobs for kids

• Yes I think the same.

I think the same cause they probably use the money for drugs and it is bad cause like you said they use it for stupid stuff.And it is not good for kids 13 year old cause they use it for sum stupid stuff and it is not good for them.