• Yes they should!!!!

I think that kids over ten(my age) should be allowed to use semi-permanent hair dye because it lets them be creative and express themselves. Besides, it's their hair and you can just dye it back to the normal hair color. For permanent hair dye though I would wait until high school.

• Kids should dye their hair once they are in middle school or have become tweens!!

Kids at this age are now becoming tweens. They now want to do more things to express themselves. Don't let them get a tattoo, because that's going way to far and besides tattoos are permanent, dying your hair will probably only last a couple months or so. My mom doesn't let me dye my hair because she says it will damage it. I'm now 11 years old... Do you think I should dye my hair?... I want to but I have to listen to my mom. This article helped me. Hopefully I can now convince my mom to letting me dye my hair. I feel dying my hair will let me express my self. Some of my friends have dyed their hair and I feel left out, and I don't like that.

• If they want to, and they're sure, why not!

I believe that kids should be allowed to dye their hair, starting at age 9-10, natural colors only. Once they become a tennager, that can branch out into unnatural colors if they want to. Dying your hair is a way to express yourself, and especially around the middle school age, many kidding are trying to find themselves, and what kindness if person they want to be. If you or your child wants to dye their hair, and you're not so sure, start with a hair chalk or a one wash hair coloring spray. This allows you to see what've it would look like, if you would like it, or if you want to go the other direction with your looks, and be able to simple shampoo it away. If you like it, this is where we can move into what's called a temporary hair color. This can be a natural color, or a vibrant one. Depending on the brand, the color of hair you start with, and how long you leave the dye in for before washing it out, this type of dye wil typically last 3-5 weeks. I don't you ended up liking that, then go ahead and try a semipermanent dye. Again, natural or unnatural colors will do. Horn long you leave this dye in for, the brand, the color, and the color your hair is when you dye it, all factor in to how long the dye lasts. Usually, though, 2-4 months is the norm. If this had a positive effect for you, then the last and definitely most durastic step is permanently dye. This dye is both in natural and unnatural colors as well. However, this time, no matter what hair color you start with, what the result is, the brand off the dye, or the saturating time will effect the duration of coloring. Any hair dye box labeled 'permanent' will last forever. No, you're hair will not grow in this color, but the colored sections will forever be that color, until you cut it off. Unfortunately, though, no manufacturer has made a dye that grows your hair the color you dyed it. I know that dying your hair can be scary, for parents and for kids, and it's a big descision. Hopefully my advice has encouraged you to dye your hair if you want to, because I fully support it! Long story short, don't let people say judgement get to you. You do you and do what makes you happy- even if you have to convince your parents first!

• Children should be able to dye their hair.

I agree that at a young age the kids should be able to show their wonderful personalities using bright colours, and also let the kids be different. And you know how someone said that you can get cancer from hair dye ha ha ha. Did you know that there is such thing called vegetable dye were basically there are no chemicals and no ridiculous chance of getting cancer. Well, you heard my side but whats yours?

• Yes!! Just yes

Kids should be able to dye their hair because it will eventually grow/fade out. Plus if you really hate it then re-dye it the original color. None of the hair dyes are forever forever permanent. It's not like getting tattoos. So just let kids get their hair dyed. They will be happy!

• I think they should

Everyone has the right to there own freedom I mean there isn't any harm in doing this and I think it is a way to express themselves the only problem would be the school rules every child goes through puberty and through these years they need to find out who they are and I am with them 100%, if they was to do it and then disliked it when it was on there head they can always dye it back to the original colour

• My hairs dyed and im 13

I dyed my hair purple (#purplescouts) and I think it's a good way to express yourself . I get no compliments but I like it. And if your girl with blonde hair and a pink bow in your hair, Why can't a weird, Otaku, girl like me wear a twenty one pilots hat |-/ and purple hair? I think do it if your confidant about it and do't do it if you don't like it... SIMPLE, RIGHT?!

• Being them selfs

Kids should be able to dye their hair because its just showing their life and what they are inside and not being judge by students nor teachers.And parents with kids who got suspended from school say the dyed their hair not their brain. So thats my opinion when kids dye their hair kids are showing being them selfs is fine.

• Yes They Should

. They should have the right to do what we want to do to their body. They can dye their hair, although I wouldn't recommend it, they can . . . Well you get the point. They should be able to dye their hair if they want to be theirselves. They don't want to be robots who simply wake up. Go to school. Come home. Sleep and repeat without a change in their lives.

• Totally and completely uncalled for

They should have to wait until 18. I never dyed my hair as a child, even though I wanted to. I'm glad I wasn't allowed to because I would have made some really bad choices. I turned out fine, my soul wasn't damaged. Parents today really need to learn how to say no. You wonder why your children are bringing our society to an all new low with immersion into technology and pregnancy at 12. Its called parenting people, not being your offspring's bff.

• Totally and completely uncalled for

• they shouldn't have the permission of their parents.

Well, I am a mother of a 7 year old girl who is actually enjoying being her age and I am so happy for that, but when it comes to teens dying their hair of behaving in an erratic way it fills my life with sadness and disappointment. I think they way they behave or the thing they do or do not do actually depends on their parents and on their education, parents should try their best to invest time to actually be there for them. A few minutes every day before going to bed or in the morning before getting dropped off at school. A little small talk would be enough to grow closer to them.

• Cause it's terrible

Hair colouring destroys essential hair components. It can cause brittleness and hair loss due to thinning. Not only hair colouring is a sign of immaturity but excessive use of hair dyes can cause permanent hair damage. Parent really need to say no these days. Children could end up making terrible choices.

• No! No way

CHILDREN SHOULD NOT BE DYING THEIR HAIR! YOU CAN GROW BALD, AND INCREASE THE RISK OF CANCER! KOOL AID IS GOOD. It IS A BAD EXAMPLE. WOMEN ON COMMERCIALS HAVE 200 PEOPLE HELPING DYING THE HAIR AND SOON THEY START BALDING. YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO FEEL NATURALLY PRETTY AND FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOU. BEING A CHILD MEANS TO HAVE THAT FUN CHILDHOOD BEFORE YOU LOSE THOSE PRECIOUS MOMENTS OF BEING A KID.

• Cancer related stuff and money

Dying your hair has many chemicals Including the increased of a chance of cancer. I mean no one wants cancer am I right? Also, why would you want to increase your chance of getting cancer. Dying your hair has increased to $87 and you can probably get messed up then you have to pay more.

• Yes they should

It's just hair kids should be able to to dye there hair and express them selves it's just Hair you can always dye it back to there regular color it's not like ripping your leg off it's not permanent and plus IT'S THEIR HAIR THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT WITH IT saying it's bad dying their hair it's like saying cutting your hair is bad

katrilenyah says2013-05-22T13:28:51.987
No, they should not, i believe if they want to they can because it is their body and they can do what they want with it, but after you dye your hair once, you have to keep dying your hair after or else it will always start to become gray at the roots, ragged, rough and dual.