• Teaching life lessons:

Horror movies are more than just a tool to terrorize our children; they are narrative tools that provide lessons on life, loss, morality, and philosophy. Kids that watch horror movies are also desensitized to a stimulus that might otherwise cause them to behave irrationally in social situations, and therefore makes them better members of society; think of it as training for the real world, which as we all know, can also be filled with horrifying things we all have to face head-on and deal with.

• The age was not specified.

Since the age was not included I can simply say, yes. Kids ages 12 to whatever can watch horror movies : ] They should be able to at that age because during that time they're also exposed to a lot of other things that are important in a child's life. Horror movies are just another thing that everyone's doing, and if you don't like horror movies, that's your decision. If it affects you in a bad way, maybe you shouldn't watch them. But other than that it's completely fine.

• I love horror movies

They are great for movie night family movie night and parties whenever you want to be creeped out and are just bored and you love horror movies and whenever you wanna just relax and watch a movie and have fun but kids need to watch it so they can learn also like they can learn how to get away from a kidnapper or something like that but ya that is my opinion

• More comedy than Horror

Most of the horror movies are more comedy than horror. The characters make stupid decisions like in a Geico commercial. Real horror movies are like Arachnophobia, and Friday the 13. Most of the new movies, like 10 Cloverfield Lane, weren't very scary. I got the most scared when he slammed the big metal door.

• It isn't our place to say

This is an irrelevant question, we have no power over the children only their parents can decide this, and if the kids don't want to watch them then they don't have to watch them, ultimately we can't stop other people's children from watching, so why are we having this discussion?

• Kids need to be scared

Kids are growing up and there eventually want to watch a horror movie. I say let them watch horror movies so there less scared of things in real life. Plus kids will probally find a way to watch the horror if you say no. So why not let them get scared plus if they get scarred enough they wont want to watch a horror film again.

• There's no specific age you have to be to watch a horror film

Parents should decide whether or not their child is allowed to watch a horror movie. I believe that children SHOULD watch horror movies. The age at which you have to be to watch a horror movie was not stated therefore making them for all ages. Horror movies can also be tools to provide lessons on life, loss, morality, and philosophy. Kids that watch horror movies are also desensitized to a stimulus that might otherwise cause them to behave irrationally in social situations. Horror films are also considered training for the real world, which as we all know, can also be filled with horrifying situations we all have to face head-on and deal with. Parents should also be monitoring what their child watches and even watch with them. That concludes my idea's now fright on!

• Kids have rights

I believe that kids should be able to make a decision without an adult restricting it from them. I personally am a 11 year old, and I watched IT. I wasn’t scared afterwards because I knew it was fake. I knew I wouldn’t stick my hand in the storm drain, and get my arm bitten off. I knew that a killer clown would not come out to kill me. A crucial detail is that the monster always dies (why would you be scared of a dead monster?), and the good guys live (Well, most of them anyway). So, we should allow kids to watch horror movies, but we shall teach them not to be afraid! 👍🏽

• Yes especially it

Kids should watch horror movies. Preferrably IT. IT is the best horror movie about a demon shapeshifter shapeshifts into kids worst fear. Then eats them. Some kids think it is scary while others like IT. Horror movies are fun to watch. Let kids watch them! Except the ones with ghosts. They are boring and trash.

• Im a kid so yes batch

KIDS LOVE HORROR MOVIES IM 12 AND I LOVE THEM WITH A PASSION THE SO EXILARATING AND SCARY AND EXCITING AND GOOD AND ENTERTAINING.

ADULTS CAN BE OVERPROTECTIVE OF THIER KIDS AND SHOULD TRUST THEM WIHT MORE RESPONSIBILTIES IN LIFE INSTEAD OF TRYING TO CONTROL THEM BECAUSE THEY WONT BE LIVING WITH YOU FOREVER (unless there losers)

sorry caps lock was on.

Yours truly

A child

• Kids will be horrified

The kids would be horrifies with the horror movies, and they might not be able to concentrate, because you just saw a zombie wondering around in the TV. They should be protected their eyes. There are a lots of movies that kids can enjoy while there in 5-10 years old.

• No one should watch horror movies

While you may not realize it, movies affect your brain. I'm not against watching movies, but horror? Really, no good can come from one. Horror movies are meant to scare, meant to have evil in them. This affects your brain, affects what you think about. I'd rather not think about terrible things and I know when I have kids, I don't want horror movie infesting their brain.

• It's simply traumatizing

If kids watch horror/grotesque movies whenever they want, they will only grow their fears inside, leading them to less-confidence and possibly unwanted addiction to terrifying materials, which they do not have any control over. It will also higher up the risk of creating potential criminals in the end. They do not deserve such negativities in their lives. They need to grow up watching happy and bright stuff only.

• Absolutely not! They are disturbing.

Horror movies are terrible they should be for adults. They are very disturbing and bad for the brain. 21 and over should be the limit. Sure kids will be able to watch them but make it difficult and teach them the new side effects of them. No way José no way.

• It negatively affects.

It is up to the parents to decide what their kid should watch. With that said a horror movie can and is purposed to scare its audience whether it be a kid or an adult, and it has the potential to leave its viewers with horrifying images and events in their mind. The themes of music, books, and, in this case, movies influence the public and instill themes into the public's mind. These same themes influence the people, and depending on what these themes promote and condone, the people are vulnerable to the desensitization to and the condoning of what otherwise would not have been thought to be correct or acceptable. An example of what i am trying to say is how many people have we seen die in movies and we do not think twice about it, but when a dog dies in a movie everyone cries. Neither the killing of a dog or a human is acceptable in reality, but in our minds we have become desensitized to the loss of a human life and treat it as a trivial matter. Another example would be the violent video games and movies that influence kids to the point they would rather settle a disagreement with a bloody brawl than with a few words. I am not saying movies, video games, and whatever else that i have mentioned are evil, but i do think our society has highlighted and emphasized evil behavior to the point where that behavior is going to become more and more prevalent until, probably, it becomes normal. Kids watching horror movies could end in a horrid consequence for society, and IT could be Insidious.

• Kids could be horrified!!!!

They will start to have bad dreams and many other reasons! They could get super scary dreams and come running to us! Imagine you sleeping peacefully and suddenly awoke by your child saying " there is a ghost here and there and in the hallway!" seriously people who say no could be because you guys don't have kids so you can sleep peacefully... WELL THAT'S NICE!

• Kids could be horrified!!!!

• They are not old enough

I think that the parents should really watch over them to see that they are not watching anything scary because then they will end up sleeping in your bed at night kicking or turning because they are scared of what they saw or they might not even eat at all.

• Makes kids have bad decisions

If they keep watching all of the gore the are going to think it is the right thing to do. I think that them watching these types of movies will give them nightmares, you dont want them sleeping in your bed either. Just put on some barney or paw patrol is all.

• Preferable Not in till they are old enough to Understand.

Kids mind tend to take things literally. Unless kids want to watch horror movies then i would allow them. In my opinion, kids tend to takes things into the real world. They would start have the feeling of fear. It can produce nightmares and anxiety as long with depression. Most horror movies contain inappropriate language , images such as blood and adult scenes. If a kid should watch a horror movie, it might give them the idea that the killings are good to do. Its better if you let them grow up enough to understand right from wrong, real and fake. Again, if those kids want to watch the horror movies then they have freedom to do so, but in my opinion, they should wait till they are a bit older .