• Teaching life lessons:

Horror movies are more than just a tool to terrorize our children; they are narrative tools that provide lessons on life, loss, morality, and philosophy. Kids that watch horror movies are also desensitized to a stimulus that might otherwise cause them to behave irrationally in social situations, and therefore makes them better members of society; think of it as training for the real world, which as we all know, can also be filled with horrifying things we all have to face head-on and deal with.

• The age was not specified.

Since the age was not included I can simply say, yes. Kids ages 12 to whatever can watch horror movies : ] They should be able to at that age because during that time they're also exposed to a lot of other things that are important in a child's life. Horror movies are just another thing that everyone's doing, and if you don't like horror movies, that's your decision. If it affects you in a bad way, maybe you shouldn't watch them. But other than that it's completely fine.

• I love horror movies

They are great for movie night family movie night and parties whenever you want to be creeped out and are just bored and you love horror movies and whenever you wanna just relax and watch a movie and have fun but kids need to watch it so they can learn also like they can learn how to get away from a kidnapper or something like that but ya that is my opinion

• More comedy than Horror

Most of the horror movies are more comedy than horror. The characters make stupid decisions like in a Geico commercial. Real horror movies are like Arachnophobia, and Friday the 13. Most of the new movies, like 10 Cloverfield Lane, weren't very scary. I got the most scared when he slammed the big metal door.

• It isn't our place to say

This is an irrelevant question, we have no power over the children only their parents can decide this, and if the kids don't want to watch them then they don't have to watch them, ultimately we can't stop other people's children from watching, so why are we having this discussion?

• Kids need to be scared

Kids are growing up and there eventually want to watch a horror movie. I say let them watch horror movies so there less scared of things in real life. Plus kids will probally find a way to watch the horror if you say no. So why not let them get scared plus if they get scarred enough they wont want to watch a horror film again.

• There's no specific age you have to be to watch a horror film

Parents should decide whether or not their child is allowed to watch a horror movie. I believe that children SHOULD watch horror movies. The age at which you have to be to watch a horror movie was not stated therefore making them for all ages. Horror movies can also be tools to provide lessons on life, loss, morality, and philosophy. Kids that watch horror movies are also desensitized to a stimulus that might otherwise cause them to behave irrationally in social situations. Horror films are also considered training for the real world, which as we all know, can also be filled with horrifying situations we all have to face head-on and deal with. Parents should also be monitoring what their child watches and even watch with them. That concludes my idea's now fright on!

• Kids have rights

I believe that kids should be able to make a decision without an adult restricting it from them. I personally am a 11 year old, and I watched IT. I wasn’t scared afterwards because I knew it was fake. I knew I wouldn’t stick my hand in the storm drain, and get my arm bitten off. I knew that a killer clown would not come out to kill me. A crucial detail is that the monster always dies (why would you be scared of a dead monster?), and the good guys live (Well, most of them anyway). So, we should allow kids to watch horror movies, but we shall teach them not to be afraid! 👍🏽

• Yes especially it

Kids should watch horror movies. Preferrably IT. IT is the best horror movie about a demon shapeshifter shapeshifts into kids worst fear. Then eats them. Some kids think it is scary while others like IT. Horror movies are fun to watch. Let kids watch them! Except the ones with ghosts. They are boring and trash.

• Im a kid so yes batch

KIDS LOVE HORROR MOVIES IM 12 AND I LOVE THEM WITH A PASSION THE SO EXILARATING AND SCARY AND EXCITING AND GOOD AND ENTERTAINING.

ADULTS CAN BE OVERPROTECTIVE OF THIER KIDS AND SHOULD TRUST THEM WIHT MORE RESPONSIBILTIES IN LIFE INSTEAD OF TRYING TO CONTROL THEM BECAUSE THEY WONT BE LIVING WITH YOU FOREVER (unless there losers)

sorry caps lock was on.

Yours truly

A child

• Kids will be horrified

The kids would be horrifies with the horror movies, and they might not be able to concentrate, because you just saw a zombie wondering around in the TV. They should be protected their eyes. There are a lots of movies that kids can enjoy while there in 5-10 years old.

• Preferable Not in till they are old enough to Understand.

Kids mind tend to take things literally. Unless kids want to watch horror movies then i would allow them. In my opinion, kids tend to takes things into the real world. They would start have the feeling of fear. It can produce nightmares and anxiety as long with depression. Most horror movies contain inappropriate language , images such as blood and adult scenes. If a kid should watch a horror movie, it might give them the idea that the killings are good to do. Its better if you let them grow up enough to understand right from wrong, real and fake. Again, if those kids want to watch the horror movies then they have freedom to do so, but in my opinion, they should wait till they are a bit older .

• Forcing a child to watch horror movies is unconstitutional.

I don't think kids should watch only horror movies, there are so many other genres of content to consume, and not only on video. I like to watch horror movies, but if that was the only thing I could watch, I would eventually get bored of them, and then annoyed at them, until I finally did not want to watch TV at all. Anyone who says yes to this debate is not thinking of the children!

• Horrifying shock literally gives bad impact on brain!

I guarantee if someone shows horror movies intentionally to very young child, it also is a crime. We all have horror dream we got while raising up. The moments with those type memories still give horrified emotions. We can see even adults who get shocking scenes have actual damage on brain and give bad impacts on consciousness and making wrong decisions

• I am referring to kids under 13.

Kids should not watch horror movies because it won't make them feel better about their fears but it will encourage their fears and add to it
    and most kids may not know or forget that this all is acting because modern day horror movies use realistic CGI effects so the kids will have psychological problems and will be afraid of everything *AND I MEAN EVERYTHING*

• I am assuming referring to kids not teenagers

When I was little I had nightmares for weeks after watching CORALINE. An actual horror movie would of been horrible, just don't show a kid a horror movie. Seriously, by the time they are eight or so the most even then they should watch is beetlejuice, Honestly I don't understand watching horror movies at other ages either.

• Kids shouldn't be watching horror movies

I know more than a hundred kids who dislike horror movies. They say it gives them nightmares, and others say they can just watch something else. It's clear that kids don't actually want to watch horror movies, but just feel the need to. If kids themselves say they don't feel the need to, then why should we adults still believe they should?
    It's pretty clear that kids don't like them by the way they act. A lot of the kids I've met also say that it's not even the movie anymore, it's really the genre of horror. For example, if a kid didn't want to watch Annabelle, then it's either a bad movie, or he simply doesn't want to. Basing from the ratings, I don't think Annabelle was a bad movie, so kids really just don't wanna watch scary movies.

• Kids shouldn't be watching horror movies.

• No one should watch horror movies

While you may not realize it, movies affect your brain. I'm not against watching movies, but horror? Really, no good can come from one. Horror movies are meant to scare, meant to have evil in them. This affects your brain, affects what you think about. I'd rather not think about terrible things and I know when I have kids, I don't want horror movie infesting their brain.

• It's simply traumatizing

If kids watch horror/grotesque movies whenever they want, they will only grow their fears inside, leading them to less-confidence and possibly unwanted addiction to terrifying materials, which they do not have any control over. It will also higher up the risk of creating potential criminals in the end. They do not deserve such negativities in their lives. They need to grow up watching happy and bright stuff only.