• No, COMPUTERS SHOULD NOT REPLACE TEXT BOOKS.

I think this because, computers/ipads can make kids tired.Also, the computers/ipads will eventuly run out of battery and the computers or ipads could brake or get stolen.It would take a lot of money to replace it or them.Also, kids could get on the web sites thair not soposed to get on when the teacher isn't waching.Tet books have all you need to know, but people can put the rong information on the web site or put up adds.Also,you sometimes have to have internet for some web sites and if you don't have any internet you can't get on that web site but, if you have a text book you don't have to have any internet for text books.

• Computers would help

If the future is near, lets make it now! I say "Yes", because if most of the population (in the U.S) are reading most of their stuff on tablets; then, why not? Why waste space on certain books on shelves that will not be used except once in the school. Like a literature class that will be reading "The Great Gatsby" for only one simple month, out of the whole 10 moth school year. As well as the calculations to buy a book for the school is costing more, than doing a one time pay for a laptop, or tablet. Because of having the labor to make the books, transport them on a truck, and more labor to be displayed; when it is no longer an everyday usage, but more of a "ornament'. And the fact that if the laptop does break or has any issues, the hardware is cheap enough to be purchased, and the price for a laptop that needs the necessary "requirements" for the school can be rounded to about 200 dollars. Saving the school money, to be used for the education of our schools. I will say, however, that books should not be completely disregarded. I'm just saying that switching a high percentage of a schools books to a modernized tablet or laptop is much more beneficial, than sheets of paper stapled together. Also, it is said that eventually our education system will all fall to technology; so, why wait? When this idea can be used now, when it is expected in the future.

• More difficult? Yes. Manageable? Yes. Bad for the students? No.

I cannot deny the argument that the state of the intelligence and strategic operations of computer related technology is further increasing, but security measures are increasing as well. In fact, I would predict it financially (and to go a little more earth-loving type) ecologically beneficial. The books are read on an electronic device at the school I am currently attending, however, they are read strictly on an online server. Let's think. Everyone has a copy of the book by visiting and logging into one site, (not to mention that actual assignment itself is electronic), and much like the outside world in today's further enhanced society and work standards, having a laptop to read your books on gives yourself a little space for the pencil and paper work, as well as giving you your own small "work space", again, much similar to a standard office career (as schools typically attempt to mimic).

• If the future is near, lets make it now!

I say "Yes", because if most of the population (in the U.S) are reading most of their stuff on tablets; then, why not? Why waste space on certain books on shelves that will not be used except once in the school. Like a literature class that will be reading "The Great Gatsby" for only one simple month, out of the whole 10 moth school year. As well as the calculations to buy a book for the school is costing more, than doing a one time pay for a laptop, or tablet. Because of having the labor to make the books, transport them on a truck, and more labor to be displayed; when it is no longer an everyday usage, but more of a "ornament'. And the fact that if the laptop does break or has any issues, the hardware is cheap enough to be purchased, and the price for a laptop that needs the necessary "requirements" for the school can be rounded to about 200 dollars. Saving the school money, to be used for the education of our schools. I will say, however, that books should not be completely disregarded. I'm just saying that switching a high percentage of a schools books to a modernized tablet or laptop is much more beneficial, than sheets of paper stapled together. Also, it is said that eventually our education system will all fall to technology; so, why wait? When this idea can be used now, when it is expected in the future.

• I like computers

I actually have computer to do all my homework, and notes on due to the fact that i broke my dominant hand. I believe that all students should have the choice to use laptops or textbooks. I know some kids who would choose textbooks due to the fact that they would get distracted using a computer.In my case the computer is solely for school until I finish all my homework then I cool off with Netflix.

• Depends on the subject.

The textbooks aren't always accurate, but then again neither are laptops.
    Textbooks don't get updated every few days, weeks or hours.
    But you also can't always trust things you see on the internet due to misinformation.
    I think classrooms should keep both textbooks and laptops in the classroom, just in case they need to further research something they can't find in a laptop or textbook.

• Technology doesn't always work

Using laptops instead of textbooks would be a nice idea but technology tends to have a lot of problems sometimes. Add the time it would take to start the laptop up. When I was in school the laptops were so slow that by the time you got logged on it would be the end of the lesson.

• Of course not

No, because my kid didn't get to take her Act English and she missed a lot of homework last year. Plus textbooks do not take a long ti me to load anyway. We can't trust all students to be responsible furthermore
    Kids download stuff. They put viruses on their computer and leave the school and parents to fix it. I believe that computers are worthless crap and need to go away. I am very sure a lot of parents feel the same way.

• Technology doesn't solve the problem

Well, technology can solve the problem... For you, if you are willing to cheat and get answers. We live in a world where we're "tech-savvy". Maybe I'm old-fashioned to the idea that textbooks should still be used in class, but only if the information in those textbooks are legitimate and informative.

Posted by: S.K
  • Not practical at all.

Firstly, a lot of students cannot afford to buy a laptop, and a lot of schools cannot to buy a laptop for each student. These are good financial reasons to prevent this from happening.

Secondly, laptops have very noisy keyboards. If students make notes in textbooks in class, they'll create a lot of noise in the classroom, which can only be detrimental to learning.

Thirdly, there are too many distractions. You can password-protect the wifi, but what's to say a student won't download a game, mute it and use it in class? It would be very hard for the teacher to monitor so many monitors, pun intended, to ensure that the students are actually looking at their textbooks.

• No special care by children

Children like to live tension free. Introducing laptop to them might burden their mind to care about safety and security of their laptops.But as we see many children forget their valuables in the class room ,they can also forget their laptops too,or might handle it to un trusted person,or might break it by slipping it off causing a huge financial loss.So in this circumstance textbooks appear a a right option which comes cheaper,has no breaking issues,no power failure or security damage issues or virus issues and hence handy and beneficial.

• No special care by children

• That idea has more negative affects than positive ones

For starters,textbooks are less pricier than a laptop and using a laptop for extended periods of time will damage your eye sight,I am a tech geek and I love using technologies,I am willing to do anything to have a laptop with me in my classroom but it is a waste of time to rest every 20 minutes and some tech savvy people can just bypass the system set up by the government so I think for now,until further researched,laptop should stay away from the classrooms and away from the children because it is a distraction,my government is trying to do just that and right now it is undergoing beta testing as I describe it,once in a while we will use low-end Chromebook(Developed by google and developed by Samsung) which is very crappy,I hope my opinion is appreciated and that is all I have to say