Should Learning a Language in School be Compulsary?

Asked by: SirNoodles518
  • Why education exists

According to a dictionary the justification of education is the process of
    teaching and learning all acts to sustain one's life. As it's a global world and no matter what company you'll become a member of or what business you do they all aim global market and that means they want employee with language skills to smooth the conversation with counterpart

• Why education exists

Posted by: ejin
  • Languages are Beneficial and Fun

Yes, because learning a language helps you: respect other cultures, be interested in other cultures, be able to enjoy your next holiday more and looks great on your CV. I have a passion for learning languages and I do agree that it's unfair to force a language on someone when they don't want to learn it. I think students in a school should be given the option of which language rather than having German forced upon them when they will never actually need it.

• It isn't all that easy for everyone

I barely learned english, I have a hard time learning languages and always have, I got consistent F's in elementary school spanish, and after trying to learn japanese for three years I finally gave up, only knowing a few words.

It's also a graduation requirement in my state and I'm just desperately trying to get into an ASL class (Which are always full, even though I both need it to have a chance to graduate, and personally truly want to learn it) and so far am unsuccessful.

I think ASL classes only should be mandatory from first grade, but not even graded, and that is only so people can communicate with other citizens properly and to help out the deaf and nonverbal in the world.