Should learning a musical instrument be compulsory?

• Music is good

Musical Instruments give kids social and emotional benefits. Not only does playing a musical instrument help exercise your brain but it gives you an opportunity to express social and emotional skills. As kids learn and exercise their brain their also being forced to work together and collaborate. It also breaks kids out of their shells to express themselves through music. According to Napa School of Music, Going to a music class boosts self-confidence especially in children. Playing an instrument also takes time and requires patience, which might sound like a con to you but really it isn’t. It teaches you how to be patient and about how if you practice you can accomplish many things.
    Playing musical instruments enhances memory systems and engages every part of your brain. When watching someone playing an instrument have you ever noticed that they are very calm and at peace. Well actually what’s happening in their brain is very different. Playing instruments gives kids a whole new world of sound. According to a study in North Western University. In order to become familiar with sounds and notes you use several brain senses and systems. An example is the auditory circuitry, it exercises you’re sense of sound. According to Anita Collins, playing an instrument to your brain is equivalent to a full body workout. Playing an instrument engages almost every part of the brain. Mainly the visual, auditory and motor cortices. When you play an instrument you strengthen your senses and you’re brain.
    Playing musical instruments relieves stress. When you play an instrument, it helps you practice mindfulness. Which is kind of like meditation, and it can relieve stress. Playing an instrument forces you to take time away from screens. Playing an instrument is a nice way to have fun while doing things that are good for your brain. When you play an instrument or go to a music class, it isn’t like math. In music there are endless possibilities and you can express your creativity.You probably didn’t know that playing an instrument has health benefits. Research has shown links between adults who play an instrument, and lower blood pressure, lower stress levels, decreased heart rate, and a reduction in anxiety and depression. “There is also increasing evidence that making music enhances the immunological response, which enables us to fight viruses better,” Suzanne Hanser, Chair to the Music Therapy Department at the Berklee College of Music in Boston says. Researchers also have found that learning to play an instrument as a child can help protect you from dementia.

• Music Creates Opportunities

When a child is exposed to music, it not only increases their IQ, causes the brain to work harder, and helps with language development, it also creates more opportunities. Lets say a girl is taught the violin for a year, and she hates it. Okay, she stops, but now she has that experience, and aren't we always telling kids to try new things, snd have new experiences? Also, if you're really not able to pay for private lessons, don't! Being in the orchestra or the band at s public school doesn't add any extra costs, other than the actual buying of the instrument, a one rime expense.

• Music is good

Music increases IQ and hand eye coordination. I think that it isn't a waste of time it´s a great hobby. Also I can still make my dreams of being chemist and imagineer as well. Music is great for students to learn. It will help with their dreams as well as being great for them.

• Music is a Free Subject

You can play around with music like you can make a tune- unlike math, where there is a set answer. This subject will not be as 'pressurous' as other subjects. Playing your own tune will also be refining your skills on playing the musical instrument, so it would count as practice.

• Not too expensive

No one is saying that we all have to buy an expensive instrument like a piano or a cello but instead we can just buy a $15 recorder. See? The recorder is still an instrument but it’s not expensive like a piano or cello. Plus it’s great for kids with disabilities.

• Learning music is good

Music education builds neural connections within the brain connecting the two hemispheres. Additionally, it helps one become more ambidextrous and connect more parts of the brain.
    When a child is inspired to play music, the process of learning an instrument teaches long term pleasure and gratification.
    Although studying and practicing may be annoying, frustrating, and create anger at the instrument, in the long term, it makes people truly appreciate the beauty of the art of music.
    Think about it, if you hadn't played clarinet or saxophone and you heard some incredible solo, would you really appreciate it?
    Personally I stopped playing an instrument in eighth grade, but I am still inspired by those around me who stick with it.
    Playing an instrument makes you smarter, more relaxed, and creates more social connections. Even just listening to music does this. How could it not be good for you?

• Music is boring

Because it's boring you know because I started playing piano about two years ago and I hated it right from the start and forcing it on children will make the situation worse and exams put a lot of pressure on children that's why I'm going to quit this year yay!

• Yes, I think so.

Studies have shown that people who take music lessons have an IQ 4 points larger than people who don't. I play piano and I am doing very well in school. So yes, I would say that playing a musical instrument would be good for your education and everyone should do it. That is how I feel, I don't want to make anyone upset.

• Its better for kids

Music is far more important than other things, which is why we should encourage kids to play at least one instrument in their life. It relieves stress, helps you be smarter, and can help kids connect with each other. Instead of being glued to a screen, kids can interact with each other through music.

• Gives them a chance to focus on non-electronic society

With all this electronic gadgetry children should remember there's more to life than phones, tablets, computers, etc.
    They should be encouraged to listen to beautiful music, such as classical, as well as pop music. I myself am 40 now, but from a young age was encouraged to listen to music from Gershwin or Cole Porter. I found it wonderful. I still do.
    Playing music I learnt the flute, granted it wasn't 'my' instrument, I'd have liked to learn the saxophone

• L say NO

Parents have to pay money for their kids to go to music lesson and kids will have to get pulled ot of school just to practice their music lesson when they can be studying maths, science, HSIE and many more. These are my reasons why l think kids shouldn't get music lessons

• Let's face it. Why should anyone force anyone to learn music?

How productive is music to this society? I believe something should be compulsory only when you can't live without it. My life is perfectly normal for the past 24 years but I don't know how to play any music instrument. Forcing me to learn something I'm not interested in will just intervene with my normal life.

• Not Everyone is Musically Inclined

Not everyone should be required to learn a musical instrument because not everyone is musically inclined. Forcing an instrument upon someone is an unnecessary burdern that could provide no benefits to certain people. Therefore, only people that truly desire to learn a musical instrument should pick one up in today's world.

• NO spells no

I don’t think that learning an insrument should be compulsory because children should do it out of enjoyment and if they don’t want to play then you shouldn’t make them because they probably won’t continue went they get older so what is the point in forcing them now? That is why I don’t see the point

• NO spells no

• Not at all

If a student doesn't want to practice music, why force them? If a kid is interested in engineering or chemistry, why slow their studies with the unimportance if learning something like a trumpet? Studies have shown that a kid would learn better when learning music. But after further studies were conducted the same kids tested scored the same on a real life iq test and some even lower. I'm surprised this argument is even an argument due to the stupidity of forcing a kid to do something they're NOT INTERESTED IN.

• It should be your choice

What are you going to do with such a skill? Are you going to play in church or be a concert pianist? That might not be your calling. Your calling might be that of a construction worker, a firefighter, a weather forecaster whatever. Even if you take it for just enjoyment or to play for others, it should not be forced on you.

• Not too expensive

• You shouldn't be forced to if you don't want to.

If you do not want to learn an instrument, no one should force you to. It can add a lot of stress, and hate too. You could be spending your time studying for your exams, instead of practicing your instrument. You could get frustrated, and get angry, thinking about what you could do instead of practicing your instrument.

• ITS bad for the enviroment

Imagine if everybody needed a piano or chello thats around 5-6 billion instruments to be made since a lot of people alreadfy have some having to make that many instruments would cost a lot of money and cut down billions of trees its also very expensive a chello can cost $1500 piano$3000 and violin $200-300 and this is for everyone in the world so for people who dont have that much money or have down syndrome or have spinal injuries it would be hard for those people so its not fair on everybody plus after the intial cost of the intrument you need to get lessons from some body of course you could get them on youtube but what happens if you dont have a computer do you have to get a permission slip to say you cant learn/play an instrument its unfair to the enviroment poor people and disabilitied people