Should learning a musical instrument be compulsory?

• Hgjewg, Re ergher. Hg lhe/lg

Dtguwbey ehlrtr3. T b3ht 4t 34;i 43y34. Y 34tiy34iyiyh3/4tg 4 uyrttg4 rty;ut tithtbt t tt t ry4b 5gyv tbwgv t46b4u4y5 tbyb45 reyv 45yv 45yb ryb5 tbyu5 yyb45 t tttt trb6 y5b4yb4 by yb54by by5u4b 54byu45yu b45ygkjg, Hj jkgk. Hbjk. H. Hj. Khu. Kb. Hjg kgv. Kvjk. Gkg k. Kujhgf bjkb. Kb dfgh hgcgnfj glkyuk uhggjl ggkjlj gjk. Jhh gukgh the End

• Music is amazing!

Music is such a beautiful way of expressing yourself. If you are every stressed out or need to relax, music is a great way of doing so. There are different types of music for every situation. Music can be used as a way to keep going through tough situations and help everyone to enjoy life!

• Music can become something bigger

Music builds patience, creativity, memory, confidence, and can relieve stress. A Psychologist called Michael Jolkovski once said,'' It (music) can satisfy the need to unwind from the worries of life.........It makes people more alive and connected with one another.'' Even people who have played an instrument in the past, still could be using the same skills they learned when playing an instrument from even years before.

• Promotes life skills

Playing an instrument promotes many life skills that a young student, like myself, will need later on in life. It encourages responsibility (caring for your instrument) and hand-eye-coordination. I play cello, piano, flute, oboe, bassoon, trombone, saxophone, violin, and trumpet. I feel happier after playing one of those instruments. This is why playing an instrument should be mandatory for all students.

• Music is amazing

Believe that everyone should learn to play a musical instrument. Music has always been a part of human history. From the beginning there were people singing, banging on drums, and blowing on pipes and horns. Feeling and enjoying the rhythm of music is part of being human. Being able to produce the music yourself is something even more fulfilling. There are three different parts of being a musician that I think that everyone should enjoy: playing by yourself, playing in a group, and playing for an audience.

First playing by yourself gives you freedom. When I take out my French horn to practice I can play whatever I want. I can create any rhythm I feel and let my emotions out. In my little practice room it is just myself and my music. The music that the lone player produces is for themselves and no one else. It is a relaxing and rewarding activity that any person living in this stress filled world could use.

Second, being a part of a group of people who also take pleasure in what you love makes playing music even more fun and enjoyable. I love playing with the community bands in my area and meeting people of all ages who have the same interests as me. Putting the harmonies of a band together adds to what a single musician can create. You are able to play more complex and difficult music because you have other musicians and a director to help. A group of people can accomplish something that one person alone cannot.

Third, playing for an audience lets you bring pleasure to others. There are many people who do not play an instrument but still love music. Concerts and recitals are ways to bring music to these people. The final product of putting together the complexities within the song, orchestrating the little details and practicing that then come together into a wonderful piece of music can be a great gift to many people. I love getting a piece of music and after weeks of practice and rehearsal to bring the journey to an end and perform for an audience. The encouragement and thanks from these people show me that music is still important.

In the long run, learning to play a musical instrument brings benefits not only to yourself but other in your community. Music is universal language that can help people learn about themselves and bring people closer together. As such, music can create better understanding within communities and with this comes awareness and compassion for others. The world needs more awareness and cooperation, which ultimately, is why I believe learning to play a musical instrument is an experience everyone should have.

• Music is amazing

• Music is good

Musical Instruments give kids social and emotional benefits. Not only does playing a musical instrument help exercise your brain but it gives you an opportunity to express social and emotional skills. As kids learn and exercise their brain their also being forced to work together and collaborate. It also breaks kids out of their shells to express themselves through music. According to Napa School of Music, Going to a music class boosts self-confidence especially in children. Playing an instrument also takes time and requires patience, which might sound like a con to you but really it isn’t. It teaches you how to be patient and about how if you practice you can accomplish many things.
    Playing musical instruments enhances memory systems and engages every part of your brain. When watching someone playing an instrument have you ever noticed that they are very calm and at peace. Well actually what’s happening in their brain is very different. Playing instruments gives kids a whole new world of sound. According to a study in North Western University. In order to become familiar with sounds and notes you use several brain senses and systems. An example is the auditory circuitry, it exercises you’re sense of sound. According to Anita Collins, playing an instrument to your brain is equivalent to a full body workout. Playing an instrument engages almost every part of the brain. Mainly the visual, auditory and motor cortices. When you play an instrument you strengthen your senses and you’re brain.
    Playing musical instruments relieves stress. When you play an instrument, it helps you practice mindfulness. Which is kind of like meditation, and it can relieve stress. Playing an instrument forces you to take time away from screens. Playing an instrument is a nice way to have fun while doing things that are good for your brain. When you play an instrument or go to a music class, it isn’t like math. In music there are endless possibilities and you can express your creativity.You probably didn’t know that playing an instrument has health benefits. Research has shown links between adults who play an instrument, and lower blood pressure, lower stress levels, decreased heart rate, and a reduction in anxiety and depression. “There is also increasing evidence that making music enhances the immunological response, which enables us to fight viruses better,” Suzanne Hanser, Chair to the Music Therapy Department at the Berklee College of Music in Boston says. Researchers also have found that learning to play an instrument as a child can help protect you from dementia.

• Music Creates Opportunities

When a child is exposed to music, it not only increases their IQ, causes the brain to work harder, and helps with language development, it also creates more opportunities. Lets say a girl is taught the violin for a year, and she hates it. Okay, she stops, but now she has that experience, and aren't we always telling kids to try new things, snd have new experiences? Also, if you're really not able to pay for private lessons, don't! Being in the orchestra or the band at s public school doesn't add any extra costs, other than the actual buying of the instrument, a one rime expense.

• Music is good

Music increases IQ and hand eye coordination. I think that it isn't a waste of time it´s a great hobby. Also I can still make my dreams of being chemist and imagineer as well. Music is great for students to learn. It will help with their dreams as well as being great for them.

• Music is a Free Subject

You can play around with music like you can make a tune- unlike math, where there is a set answer. This subject will not be as 'pressurous' as other subjects. Playing your own tune will also be refining your skills on playing the musical instrument, so it would count as practice.

• L say NO

Parents have to pay money for their kids to go to music lesson and kids will have to get pulled ot of school just to practice their music lesson when they can be studying maths, science, HSIE and many more. These are my reasons why l think kids shouldn't get music lessons

• Let's face it. Why should anyone force anyone to learn music?

How productive is music to this society? I believe something should be compulsory only when you can't live without it. My life is perfectly normal for the past 24 years but I don't know how to play any music instrument. Forcing me to learn something I'm not interested in will just intervene with my normal life.

• Not Everyone is Musically Inclined

Not everyone should be required to learn a musical instrument because not everyone is musically inclined. Forcing an instrument upon someone is an unnecessary burdern that could provide no benefits to certain people. Therefore, only people that truly desire to learn a musical instrument should pick one up in today's world.

• Encouraged, But not compulsory!

I took guitar lessons for a number of years at my parents' insistence. They thought that I should learn jazz guitar. I HATED IT! I wanted to play piano, Or clarinet, But they insisted that, Because a guitar teacher lived next door, That is what I should learn. I wanted to learn to play some basic rock and roll, Folk, Etc. , But was forbidden to waste my time. I was allowed to buy an electric guitar, But never an amplifier. As soon as I could, I quit.

In college, I picked up an acoustic guitar and started learning to play what I wanted. Amazing how quickly I not only picked it up, But actually enjoyed it. Unfortunately, Due to problems with my hands, I can no longer play as well, But I still enjoy it.

Encourage music, But allow your child to explore different instruments. No one should be forced. Pick up something like a recorder, Or an inexpensive flute, Keyboard, Etc. Music is best when first considered to be "play. " Otherwise it's just drudgery. And as they say: "We don't work music; we play music! "

• There is over 1900people in the world that have disabillaties

I have a great way for a few years back on my way home and I don't think that I can get it you are you doing it wrong that the company has a great way for a few years back on my way home and I have a great way to get a new job

• NO spells no

I don’t think that learning an insrument should be compulsory because children should do it out of enjoyment and if they don’t want to play then you shouldn’t make them because they probably won’t continue went they get older so what is the point in forcing them now? That is why I don’t see the point

• NO spells no

• Not at all

If a student doesn't want to practice music, why force them? If a kid is interested in engineering or chemistry, why slow their studies with the unimportance if learning something like a trumpet? Studies have shown that a kid would learn better when learning music. But after further studies were conducted the same kids tested scored the same on a real life iq test and some even lower. I'm surprised this argument is even an argument due to the stupidity of forcing a kid to do something they're NOT INTERESTED IN.

• It should be your choice

What are you going to do with such a skill? Are you going to play in church or be a concert pianist? That might not be your calling. Your calling might be that of a construction worker, a firefighter, a weather forecaster whatever. Even if you take it for just enjoyment or to play for others, it should not be forced on you.