Should learning a musical instrument be compulsory?

• Music is boring

Because it's boring you know because I started playing piano about two years ago and I hated it right from the start and forcing it on children will make the situation worse and exams put a lot of pressure on children that's why I'm going to quit this year yay!

• Yes, I think so.

Studies have shown that people who take music lessons have an IQ 4 points larger than people who don't. I play piano and I am doing very well in school. So yes, I would say that playing a musical instrument would be good for your education and everyone should do it. That is how I feel, I don't want to make anyone upset.

• Its better for kids

Music is far more important than other things, which is why we should encourage kids to play at least one instrument in their life. It relieves stress, helps you be smarter, and can help kids connect with each other. Instead of being glued to a screen, kids can interact with each other through music.

• Gives them a chance to focus on non-electronic society

With all this electronic gadgetry children should remember there's more to life than phones, tablets, computers, etc.
    They should be encouraged to listen to beautiful music, such as classical, as well as pop music. I myself am 40 now, but from a young age was encouraged to listen to music from Gershwin or Cole Porter. I found it wonderful. I still do.
    Playing music I learnt the flute, granted it wasn't 'my' instrument, I'd have liked to learn the saxophone

• Helps your brain

Relieves stress
    Researchers studying the benefits of music have reported that playing a musical instrument on a regular basis can help bring down stress. Studies show that playing an instrument helps in lowering the heart rate and blood pressure, which in turn lowers the stress hormone cortisol, thus making us feel relaxed. While just listening to music also helps, learning to play an instrument brings with it a comforting routine of daily practice that helps in keeping the stress hormones away.
    It makes you a smarter person
    People who have received a music education are generally smarter than their non-musical counterparts are. Extensive research done in this area has proved that children who learn to play a musical instrument do better in academics.
    Makes you a more sociable person
    Music helps you connect. Learning an instrument enlarges your social circle since you get to meet more people than you usually would. In children, music can help develop social skills.
    It develops discipline
    Music requires dedication and regular practice. Allotting a specific amount of time to practice music daily develops discipline in the learner. This can prove to be extremely advantageous in children.

• Helps you be confident

Relieves stress
    It makes you a smarter person
    Makes you a more sociable person
    It develops discipline

• Helps you be confident

Relieves stress
    It makes you a smarter person
    Makes you a more sociable person
    It develops discipline

• Makes the brain better

Relieves stress
    It makes you a smarter person
    Makes you a more sociable person
    It develops discipline

• Don't you see why not

Music will help children with their memory power so that they could remember more things and music will help them if they memorise a song. It also helps them build confidence because when they are performing at a concert eventually they will become more confident and this will help them in the future.

• Music is not important as science, math and S.S. They are something that used in real life. But music is not

What you mean they need To learn a musical instrument to count how much does there bill cost. Also they need to sight read to learn the planets. This really ridiculous wrong. Learning piano notes to learn the alphabet. What the heck. This is so wrong a a a a a

• L say NO

Parents have to pay money for their kids to go to music lesson and kids will have to get pulled ot of school just to practice their music lesson when they can be studying maths, science, HSIE and many more. These are my reasons why l think kids shouldn't get music lessons

• Let's face it. Why should anyone force anyone to learn music?

How productive is music to this society? I believe something should be compulsory only when you can't live without it. My life is perfectly normal for the past 24 years but I don't know how to play any music instrument. Forcing me to learn something I'm not interested in will just intervene with my normal life.

• Not Everyone is Musically Inclined

Not everyone should be required to learn a musical instrument because not everyone is musically inclined. Forcing an instrument upon someone is an unnecessary burdern that could provide no benefits to certain people. Therefore, only people that truly desire to learn a musical instrument should pick one up in today's world.

• People shouldn't learn a musical instrument it's poisonous

I started piano about two years ago you know and like I hated it from the start and the pieces were difficult it puts a lot of pressure on children and when exams happen they have to do a lot of practise and in order to practise and that costs parents a lot of money to buy the instruments and after they have finished it it will be a waste of money

• Music is boring

• WE shouldn't have to.

People have a social life and everyone has better things to be doing than learning a musical instrument. I don't play one and the world hasn't come crashing down on me. Yes we may be smarter, but what about other things like english and maths??? Learning a musical instument should not be compulsory

• Learning a musical instrument shouldn't be compulsory.

Buying a musical instrument and attending music lessons cost a lot of money.
    Some people may not want to play a musical instrument.
    It wastes studying time.
    People may not have the time to practise playing an instrument.
    People may not be musically inclined.

PLAYING A MUSICAL INSTRUMENT SHOULD NOT BE COMPULSORY!!!!

• Don't you see why not