Should legislation increasing racial quotas in all hiring be passed?

• This is the worst possible course of action!

By creating legislation that requires hiring certain amounts of people in certain races, discrimination will be set in stone for years to come. The only to end discrimination is to have no laws specifying any rules for any races. The idea of race needs to be completely eliminated from all matters of government. Creating racial quotas will guarantee that the best person for the job won't always be hired. It will also foster the idea of racial separation. If people start viewing each other based on the contents of their characters and of their intellects, and not by the color of their skin or their race, we might actually begin to have some true equality in this world.

• This gets in the way

Racial quotas are just another form of segregation and discrimination. It gets in the way of the hiring process by creating inefficiencies and failing to hire the best candidates. If anything, rather than focusing on hiring certain races, companies should focus on socio economic status so that they can make people better off.

• No, i don't think legislation increasing racial quotas in hiring should be passed.

I think any legislation that requires companies to employ certain numbers of certain races are a very bad idea in general, I think a company should feel free to be able to hire whoever they feel is the bit fit to the company regardless of what race they are and racial quotas make that more difficult.

• No It Shouldn't

I do not believe legislation should increase racial quotas in all hiring. The problem with this suggestion is the fact that all areas are not created equal. Some communities would not be able to meet federally established quotas because people of those races aren't living in their community. Each community is unique and holds a different percentage of people of different races. This is something that needs to be addressed at a local level, not a national level.

• Not the best way

Legislation like this is meant to make sure that minorities have just as much chance in the work place as their white counterparts. I do not think that this is the best way to achieve this. I think we should be focusing more on education for minorities at the earlier stages.

• No, there shouldn't be racial quotas in the work place.

There should not be a legislation that passes that requires a racial quota in the work place. I think that such a policy would be a bad thing. People should be hired due to their merits and qualifications, and not due to the color of their skin. I think the idea is a bad thing for America.