Should LGBTQ employees of federal contractors be protected from workplace discrimination?

• Yes, they should.

All LGBTQ employees, regardless of who they work for, should be protected from workplace discrimination. No one deserves to be harassed on the job. Unfortunately, some workplaces still do not protect the LGBTQ community. Of course employees of federal contractors should be protected, as should all other employees, no matter their employer.

• Everyone should be protected.

This should not be even a question to debate. Everyone has a right to be protected and not to be discriminated against. Why is this even a questions? If a person does their job, we should not care about anything else especially not anything from their personal life, including sexual identity or orientation.

• Yes, LGBTQ employees of federal contractors should be protected from workplace discrimination.

Yes, LGBTQ employees of federal contractors should be protected from workplace discrimination because they must have the same rights as everyone else. There should be no such thing as discrimination in this country. We should fight for the people who are discriminated against and stand up for them during these times.

• LGBTQ people should be protected

I don't think that federal contractors should be allowed to discriminate people based on sexual orientation. Everyone is human, and basically all the same. With that being said, the only difference between LGBTQ people and straight people, is sexual preference/orientation, identity, etc. I don't think that who a person wants to be with or how a person chooses to identify as, should be a factor of discrimination

• Absolutely they should

LGBTQ employees are not just employees--they are people. Any person deserves rights, freedom of speech, etc.. LGBTQ people deserve all the same rights as other people, including being protected from discrimination. Your background should not define whether or not you, as a person, should be protected from discrimination. Everyone deserves the right to be treated equally.

• Everyone is equal

I understand we all have our opinions but.. Everyone is human, it doesn't matter what sex they're into, what gender they are.. As long as they are fucking breathing so all of you triggered five year olds need to shut the fuck up, you're all annoying as fuck, people are talking about killing the gays? They should be talking about killing all the idiots.. Oh wait half the population would be gone.

• Protect everyone from discrimination

The only reason why someone should be accepted/not accepted from a job should be because of their work skills, not their gender/sexuality/biological sex. The only thing people should be judging on should be whether they think the person is going to perform well at the job. Most of the time, being LGBTQ+ isn't a choice. Why discriminate against them because of that?

• Yes, even though I do not support the LGBT community

I do not support the cause of LGBT community. I am a strong catholic, I believe all people should be accepted into the group even if they have different cultural beliefs or just different heritage. I am against LGBT, but that doesn't mean they need to be discriminated. They are still human, treat them like it.

• Yes, but not for gender-fluid.

If my co-worker came up to me and claimed he sexually identified as an attack helicopter, and I laughed, should I be fired?

Think about it.

Identity politics are okay, as long as they aren't taken too far. Obviously, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, a-sexuals, etc. should have fundamental human rights, but if some quack comes up to me claiming he sexually feels like Superman, I reserve the right to laugh my butt off.

• Everyone deserves protection. Everyone.

No one, ever, so be denied a job or it's benefits due to; race, sex, orientation, religion, political beliefs, disability, or living condition. I am gay, I am also a devout Christian. It makes me sick when people use The Lords name to justify hate. Matthew teacher is to love our enemies.

• Gays are cancer!!!!!!!!!!

No more gays! Kill them all!!! "i was born in the wrong body!" kill transgenders too! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!! Cancer!!!!!

• This is a violation of free speech.

The discrimination against different people is a protected part of the 1st amendment, and is the right of every private company. To prevent a company from doing this is a violation of that companies rights, and more importantly, to the rights of the owners of that company.

Is it wrong? Yes.

While the government itself should not be allowed to discriminate against any people with out cause(ex. Preventing murders from be police officers), a private company has no such obligation. This is the same reason that schools are allowed to create dress and speech codes. Because they do not have to follow the Bill of Rights, which was created to limit the powers of the government.

The argument that it hurts peoples feels is only used as a tactic to close the discussion to only those with one opinion, thus creating an artificial consensus, when really, there is none. I think it is also important that this is makes p the bulk of the arguments used by anyone who agrees with this.

In addressing the only other argument that has been presented, the right to not be discriminated against is not a thing. There are only three things that you have a right to, and that is :
    1.Protection of Life
    2.Property
    3.Protection of Liberty(ex.To speak freely)
    Any of these rights can be forfeited, or parts of them, if you choose to forfeit them. When you choose to enter a mall, you forfeit parts of your liberty of free speech, as a price of using the malls services. When you sign with a model company, they are allowed to discriminate against you if a war is declared against your home country, not unlike what Americans did to German-Americans during WWI.

In conclusion: Your feelings aren't an argument. Neither is yelling louder than the other side. If you don't like discrimination, become an entrepreneur, and do something better than anyone else, and force them to accept not only you, but everyone else like you.