Should LGBTQ employees of federal contractors be protected from workplace discrimination?

• Protect everyone from discrimination

The only reason why someone should be accepted/not accepted from a job should be because of their work skills, not their gender/sexuality/biological sex. The only thing people should be judging on should be whether they think the person is going to perform well at the job. Most of the time, being LGBTQ+ isn't a choice. Why discriminate against them because of that?

• Yes, they should.

All LGBTQ employees, regardless of who they work for, should be protected from workplace discrimination. No one deserves to be harassed on the job. Unfortunately, some workplaces still do not protect the LGBTQ community. Of course employees of federal contractors should be protected, as should all other employees, no matter their employer.

• Everyone should be protected.

This should not be even a question to debate. Everyone has a right to be protected and not to be discriminated against. Why is this even a questions? If a person does their job, we should not care about anything else especially not anything from their personal life, including sexual identity or orientation.

• Yes, LGBTQ employees of federal contractors should be protected from workplace discrimination.

Yes, LGBTQ employees of federal contractors should be protected from workplace discrimination because they must have the same rights as everyone else. There should be no such thing as discrimination in this country. We should fight for the people who are discriminated against and stand up for them during these times.

• Yes, even though I do not support the LGBT community

I do not support the cause of LGBT community. I am a strong catholic, I believe all people should be accepted into the group even if they have different cultural beliefs or just different heritage. I am against LGBT, but that doesn't mean they need to be discriminated. They are still human, treat them like it.

• Yes, but not for gender-fluid.

If my co-worker came up to me and claimed he sexually identified as an attack helicopter, and I laughed, should I be fired?

Think about it.

Identity politics are okay, as long as they aren't taken too far. Obviously, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, a-sexuals, etc. should have fundamental human rights, but if some quack comes up to me claiming he sexually feels like Superman, I reserve the right to laugh my butt off.

• Everyone deserves protection. Everyone.

No one, ever, so be denied a job or it's benefits due to; race, sex, orientation, religion, political beliefs, disability, or living condition. I am gay, I am also a devout Christian. It makes me sick when people use The Lords name to justify hate. Matthew teacher is to love our enemies.

• Yes, Lgbt+ employees should be protected.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), which prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin;
    the Equal Pay Act of 1963 (EPA), which protects men and women who perform substantially equal work in the same establishment from sex-based wage discrimination;
    the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA), which protects individuals who are 40 years of age or older;
    Title I and Title V of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended (ADA), which prohibit employment discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities in the private sector, and in state and local governments;
    Sections 501 and 505 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals with disabilities who work in the federal government;
    Title II of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA), which prohibits employment discrimination based on genetic information about an applicant, employee, or former employee; and
    the Civil Rights Act of 1991, which, among other things, provides monetary damages in cases of intentional employment discrimination.
    The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) enforces all of these laws. EEOC also provides oversight and coordination of all federal equal employment opportunity regulations, practices, and policies.

Other federal laws, not enforced by EEOC, also prohibit discrimination and reprisal against federal employees and applicants. The Civil Service Reform Act of 1978 (CSRA) contains a number of prohibitions, known as prohibited personnel practices, which are designed to promote overall fairness in federal personnel actions. 5 U.S.C. 2302. The CSRA prohibits any employee who has authority to take certain personnel actions from discriminating for or against employees or applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age or disability. It also provides that certain personnel actions can not be based on attributes or conduct that do not adversely affect employee performance, such as marital status and political affiliation. The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) has interpreted the prohibition of discrimination based on conduct to include discrimination based on sexual orientation. The CSRA also prohibits reprisal against federal employees or applicants for whistle-blowing, or for exercising an appeal, complaint, or grievance right. The CSRA is enforced by both the Office of Special Counsel (OSC) and the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB).

(the question never specifies hate speech, which btw, is legal. I'm talking about other forms of discrimination.)

• Protect them from discrimination!

They should be protected from workplace discrimination, and so should everyone! Your background and who you are does not define you as a human being!!!!!! If they are just trying to do their job, and people are making that hard on them or being rude or mean, those people who are being mean should stop right now and get in trouble!

• Everyone should be protected from discrimination

This question has a duplicity, here. Why ask if a person should be protected from workplace discrimination? Everyone should be protected from discrimination. That's the whole point - don't discriminate. One for all, all for one. We're the United States of America where people are not supposed to discriminate against one another.

• This is the real world

Just because these LGBT snowflakes wanna be different doesn't mean they deserve special treatment. Isn't it all about equality why should a certain group of people get treated better than another group(Isn't that called segregation) The world is full of bullies and the world will always be filled with bullies. Stop caring so fucking much about someones feeling and get on with your life. I love Germany but i live in America and im constantly called a nazi but i don't cry and complain I suck it up and focus on my life and my goals

• This is a violation of free speech.

The discrimination against different people is a protected part of the 1st amendment, and is the right of every private company. To prevent a company from doing this is a violation of that companies rights, and more importantly, to the rights of the owners of that company.

Is it wrong? Yes.

While the government itself should not be allowed to discriminate against any people with out cause(ex. Preventing murders from be police officers), a private company has no such obligation. This is the same reason that schools are allowed to create dress and speech codes. Because they do not have to follow the Bill of Rights, which was created to limit the powers of the government.

The argument that it hurts peoples feels is only used as a tactic to close the discussion to only those with one opinion, thus creating an artificial consensus, when really, there is none. I think it is also important that this is makes p the bulk of the arguments used by anyone who agrees with this.

In addressing the only other argument that has been presented, the right to not be discriminated against is not a thing. There are only three things that you have a right to, and that is :
    1.Protection of Life
    2.Property
    3.Protection of Liberty(ex.To speak freely)
    Any of these rights can be forfeited, or parts of them, if you choose to forfeit them. When you choose to enter a mall, you forfeit parts of your liberty of free speech, as a price of using the malls services. When you sign with a model company, they are allowed to discriminate against you if a war is declared against your home country, not unlike what Americans did to German-Americans during WWI.

In conclusion: Your feelings aren't an argument. Neither is yelling louder than the other side. If you don't like discrimination, become an entrepreneur, and do something better than anyone else, and force them to accept not only you, but everyone else like you.