Should live adaptations of musicals such as "The Sound of Music" continue to be produced?

• Live Musicals are Always important

Yes, live adaptations of musicals such as "The Sound of Music" should continue to be produced. Live musicals are often wonderful productions and excellent experiences for the audience. They may not be the same as the movie, but this does not take away from their importance. Live performances cannot be compared to screen versions.

• Live Adaptions of Musicals

Live adaptations of musicals should continue to be produced. It is my belief that musicals are best done live. It is very enjoying to sit and hear live instruments, and see the actors perform in person. All that energy, creates such excitement, making for a very entertaining and enjoyable experience.

• Yes, live adaptations of musicals should be produced.

Live adaptations of musicals such as "The Sound of Music" continue to be produced because they make the theatre accessible to more people. Tickets to see plays and musicals can be very expensive, which denies people the ability to see the show. But by producing adaptions in either TV or movie format, more people can see them and enjoy them since they do not have to pay for a theatre ticket.

• Musicals are a different kind of art

I think that musicals are a different kind of art, and I believe that they have great cultural value. As a society, we can often become so consumed with political issues, taxes, or other serious pursuits that we forget the importance of the arts. While musicals might not be my favorite type of art, I think it has tremendous value in our society!