Should luxuries be taken away from the rich and given to the poor to benefit their survival?

• Yes, some of their lifestyles are obscene.

First of all, there is absolutely no proof that the rich work harder, that is just a belief that comes from the poor who are accustomed to working hard to scrape by. Rich people often live obscenely extravagant lives. It is hard to understand how they can morally justify owning a lamp in their living room that costs as much as feeding an entire family for a year. I guess they think they worked hard for it, and the family did not work hard enough to afford to eat.

• Absolutely, the rich should have wealth taken away!

I am entitled to have what I want, when I want, how I want. I should not have to work for ANYTHING at all. It is legally and morally wrong to be rich and the rich should be forced to give me everything I want by the government.

No one should have to work for anything in life and the rich should be punished for flaunting that they have more than me.

• This is What We Disproved In The 20th Century

Let's say for instance, everyone is poor. Do we take from the slightly richer now? Equality in wages will not happen perfectly, so it is up to us as individuals to give the money, not have it taken.

You may be stealing from the rich, but it is still stealing, and stealing is wrong. Giving any government this kind of power is just asking for abuse of the system.

• Let's not play Robin Hood.

While I wish that there was less class division in American society, and that the working poor had more resources available to them, I don't think taking luxuries away from the rich is the solution. First of all, this is a slippery slope. If the government began taking things from the wealthy, where would they stop? Furthermore, how do we define wealthy and poor? It seems if this idea was actually carried out it could result in there not being an upper class to speak of. I think a better idea would be to provide equal opportunities for people of all income brackets, and let those who are smart and hardworking reap the rewards of their efforts.

• No, they shouldn't

I am all for helping the poor, but this is one of the worst ways to do it. Most rich people earned their money, and deserve to enjoy it. I'm not like the Republicans, who absolutely love rich people, but I have to admit, most millionaires earned their place, and therefore deserve to enjoy their money. There is no good reason why we should take from the rich and give to the poor. There is nothing in the constitution about keeping people economically equal.

• No, I disagree. Why should they?

I believe that the rich earned the luxuries by working hard. I don't mean to say that the poor do not. But if money was just given to the rich, why should they even work? The rich would work harder to earn money just to know that it would eventually go to the hands of the poor. I do not think that sounds fair!