Should male teachers be allowed in an all girls school?

• If thay are qualified why not

Teacher go to school for a reason mabye that can't find a job at another school ok I know what people all thinking there is a law against that if a teacher man or woman fools around with a student that should be fired and brought up on charge thank you

• What if they're gay?

Does that affect anything? A lot of gay males find comfort in being around women and away from the testosterone high all boys school, however... What would parents think? Are there rules and allowances? I went through all co-ed schools so I don't really know if there are... Anyway I'm just trying to use up my words

• Male teachers should be allowed to teach in all girl schools

I personally go to an all girls school and having male teachers makes absolutely no difference to me than it does having female teachers. I only have female teachers when learning about sex education and our p.E teachers are all female too. Having male teachers in an all girls school is no different to having them at a mixed school. All girls everywhere talk about bras and periods not just girls in an all girls school. I am in year 11 and have never had an awkward encounter with a male teacher over any "female issues,". The men that work at my school are not perverts as far as I'm aware. Men can control themselves even if they are in a room full of young girls they teach us just like any other teacher would.

• They are people too!

I mean they are just people like any other. Some are perverts but not all some comments in this debate say that they all are perverts. Don't take it out on the good men and boys just take it out on the bad ones I mean everyone here probably has to say that they agree don't say anything bad about the male teacher's that really do care about teaching maybe not even take it really hard on the ones that don't care that much. I stand with male teachers.

• They are people too!

• They are people too!

• They give girls male role models

Male teachers are not all paedophiles and are professional and good and Ithink that if you do not let male teachers teach at all girls schools then that is descrimintaion and it is preventing girls of dealing with male people because..... They are half of the population of course! .

• Yes they should

Not all men are predators and not all women are angels. Male and female teachers can do the same job! Girls need to learn how to socialize and be friends with males. Otherwise, they will not have a successful life if they end up being in a male dominated job like a figefighter or constructor worker.

• Of course yes

Why shouldn't they? I mean yes, from past experience, the girls go crazy, but the male teachers are humans too! Jez, some of the no comments are harsh, calling all male teachers pedo's, like wth! I go to an all girls school and I must admit, there are some, but most are really nice and smart! That is the same as co-ed schools. Actually, young male teachers at all girls schools are good so that we can learn things from their perspective too!

• Equality is key

There are a lot of good hearted men out there with good intentions which thrive off the opportunity to educate. Why would you discriminate against their gender? There are women out there which take advantage of school boys and perform sexual acts on them, so why are all of the male teachers copping it? Give them a chance.

• Male teachers should NOT AT ALL be allowed in all school girls since they are like pedophiles and perverts.

Its just weird an all girls school can be for parents wanting to get their kids away from boys. Adding more males makes it worse..Plus they dont understand girl problems like periods bra and if there is health class its way to awkward for him to teach. A bunch of these men may be filthy perverts just trying to get a look at girls it should not be allowed girls and female teachers under stand one another. I think that it makes sense that they only have girl teachers for an all girls school

• All Men are Perverts

No matter what, every male looks at every Female the same way. Unless that teacher is Gay. All Men creep on Women and all men look at girls' body parts. Covered or Exposed. Men should not be allowed in any school system because lots of Male teachers end up in prison for being a pedophile. Men should never be trusted around Females no matter the age. Every girl should be able to trust a teacher and only Female teachers truly understand what Girls go through, and Men are truly disrespectful when it comes to girls' times of the month or any hormonal issue. Men have no feelings. They are cold hearted, self centered, Idiots!

• I don’t think that male teachers should ever be allowed in an all-girl school.

I don’t think that male teachers should ever be allowed in
    an all-girl school. There is just too
    much temptation. Even a man with good
    intentions could potentially fall victim.
    Also, if a female student is sexually aggressive, the male teacher will
    be the one who is prosecuted if the female student is underage.

• No male teachers

it may be awkward for the children and teachers that are in the school. It isn't fair for the students to feel uncomfortable with having males in the school.If the girls in the school feel uncomfortable it will be hard for them to focus on the work that is being provided.

• I wish I could say yes, but I know better

As a teenage girl, I know all too well how obnoxious and flirtatious we can be with young male teachers. I wish I could say it doesn't make a difference, but I always end up having a crush on the teacher and it is such a distraction. I don't think it's fair to throw a brand new young teacher into an environment full of hormonal, pubescent girls with active imaginations and few inhibitions about coming on to guys. It's just easier and safer not to allow it at all then to try and deal with the difficulties that arise from allowing young men to teach young women. This goes both ways too, with young women teaching young men.

• Motives Are Questionable and...

I do support gender equality for most cases, but it's very suspicious why a grown male would want to teach in a place full of young girls. It also defeats the purpose of all girls schools if there is a male teacher. Girls, particularly teenagers, can have crushes on teachers and be distracted.

• Why is that even a question?

One has to question the motives behind a man wanting to teach at a all girl school. It's just too dangerous. Men are more sexual begins and prone to rape than women, that's just the truth. Putting men in a all girls school is like putting a group of lions in a field of zebra. Some of not all zebra are getting eaten sooner or later.

• What's the point of an all girls school if there's male teachers

Many parents put their child in an all girls school for safety and comfort. A lot of girls have been abused by boys and men so an all girls school is their only choice for education. If you put in male teachers then it can invoke a triggering past for the girl. An all girls school is a female safe space. This is the same for all boys schools. The teachers gender has to matter in these types of schools, if anyone doesn't like it then they can teach in public schools.

• Its an ALL GIRLS school

If its an all girls school that should apply to the teachers too. If it were an all boys school i would think that there should be no female teachers. People go to an all girls school for a reson. Clearly it is so they do not have to go to school with boys. So if there is a male teacher that ruins the point.

• Male teachers shouldn't be allowed.

I don't go to an all girls school and it's bad enough already. Some male teachers in my school don't really do the right things with female students. Just imagine what could happen in an all girls school. Men can be perverted sometimes and we shouldn't take a chance with them teaching. You never know what's going to happen.