• Sure She Should

I think that Mariah Carey has had quite a career in the music industry that dates back decades now. I think she has more than earned her spot in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. So, I would have no issue with her being elected to be inducted into it.

• Yes I agree

Even if you are not a Mariah Carey fan, you have to admit that she has had a huge impact on the music industry. She is one of the all time highest sellers of records. Her voice is incredible. Though we do not see it much these days, she was a huge talent.

• No, Mariah Carey should not be elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Mariah Carey should not be elected into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, because she is primarily a pop artist. In a nutshell, her music would not be considered rock, and therefore should not be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Her music style is pop with some R&B, which is not rock and roll.

• She's Not Rock and Roll

If this were about a general Music Hall of Fame, that would be an entirely different story. The fact is, she's a pop singer, and she was only good in her prime. Madonna, Janet Jackson, and many others still put on concerts and they sound fantastic. Celine Dion does too and she talks a lot about maintaining your voice in your old age. Mariah was only good for a while and now she has lost it. Music hall of fame is a possibility for her past but she does not belong in the rock and roll hall of fame.