Should marijuana and other addictive drugs be legal?

Asked by: Antoniox200
  • Marijuana is not addictive

Research shows the marijuana is
    1) Not addictive
    2) Safe
    Therefore, don't lump in marijuana with addicting drugs like cocaine or heroin, which are both addictive and harmful. The phrasing, "other addictive drugs" is the problem here, and as such, this is a really poorly phrased question, and I have trouble backing it for that reason.

• The War on Drugs has been pointless.

Not legalizing drugs has cost the government billions of dollars and put thousands of nonviolent criminals behind bars. I personally think it's in everyone's best interest to legalize drugs, tax them (more money for government), and free everyone in prison for drug possession immediately. The effort we use for putting druggies in prison should be redirected towards rehabilitation programs for addicts so they can get their life back on track.

• No it shouldn't

I personally do not want this stuff in the country. We saw what happened with China and opium a while back. Legalizing this would put the US in the same position. Mexico and Columbia are good current examples. I also have the right to breath clean air and would prefer if others wouldn't interfere with that right.

• Marijuana is not addictive

Research shows the marijuana is
    1) Not addictive
    2) Safe