Should Marijuana be finally legalized with restrictions similar to alcohol?

Asked by: Swagforce
  • Marijuana is Marijuana

First off, marijuana grows in nature. In the right environment you get this stuff in your back yard. Second off its a great recreational drug, along with being a solid medicine for pain and depression and anxiety. Finally making pot illegal and telling us what to do is denying our freedom is directly breaking the constitution under which our country therefor legal system is based on

• What's The Difference?

If the government were to institute the same taxations and regulations on marijuana as they place on alcohol, they would have no problem. The effects between the two are comparable, though not exactly the same. If I accept that alcohol is a legal recreational substance, heavily taxed and controlled by government action, then why should marijuana be condemned?

• I think so

I think the more available The Less of crime we have this is a new day in age. You don't here of killings overe alcohol make it legalized and problems solved.
    The good things can take out the bad.
    What happen to are freedom Washington?

Please stand strong in defense of our Second Amendment Rights in Washington.

• Keeping it illegal is pointless

I think drug legalization is the only way. Alcohol prohibition didn't work to deter crime and stop people from getting drunk. So then why do we prohibit drugs? We need to lift prohibition, censorship, bans on prostitution and guns. Excuse me for sounding like a libertarian but I'm not. Pro Choice is the way to a better society.

• I think it should

Smoking weed is no more dangerous than drinking alcohol or eating fast food. Prohibition doesn't work, it didn't work for alcohol and it certainly doesn't work for weed. It just leads to more crime, a larger illegal drug market, and overpopulated prisons. Legalize it, tax it, and regulate it like we do alcohol and tobacco.

• I support it.

Marijuana isn't the terror that it's opponents have made it out to be. I do not smoke it myself, but I do support it's legalization. It's affects are comparable to alcohol, which has been legal for ages. Prohibition didn't work for alcohol, and it's not working for pot. It's just not.

• No it should not

Chemicals that alter your state of mind are not a good thing. Humans have worked for millenniums to progress and develop, why switch it off and destroy it.

It contains very real risk people who smoke it can end up with schizophrenia. Again why would we make something legal which damages our brains.

• Medical Yes, Recreational No

Just one year after marijuana was legalized in Colorado, there was a 32 percent increase in marijuana-related traffic deaths and a 38 percent increase in marijuana-related hospitalizations. Its legalization has also had a negative impact on Colorado's youth as they now rank 3rd in the nation for marijuana use, whereas before it was legalized, they ranked 14th. This has led to a 40 percent increase in students being suspended and expelled. When smoked, marijuana can harm the lungs and throat, not to mention the effect it has on the brain. Psychological effects of marijuana use include delayed brain development, memory impairment, addiction, paranoia, and even schizophrenia/psychosis. Just because marijuana is "natural" doesn't mean it is harmless and just because there are worse drugs that are legal doesn't mean we should just keep adding more.