• Yes it should...

... But under certain conditions, like you can't just get marijuana just cuz'. I think you should only get marijuana if you have proven epilepsy or taken the depression test and passed with depression. Although the black market will get more marijuana which can cause harm, it might do more good than harm.

• A drug that we already use.

Marijuana should be legal for social use and even solid as widely as alcohol. Looking at addictive traits marijuana is actually relatively low on the list where even regular cigarettes and beer have proven to have higher addiction rates. Now I do feel it should be would commercially and that all the drug deals would still have a invalid business.

• Yes, it should

The government shouldn't be involved in matters such as these. Smoking weed is an individual decision and doesn't infringe upon another's rights, liberties or freedoms. In virtually any matter that this is the case, the government should butt out and leave ppl alone. What I do with my body us my business and I don't need big brother to "watch out" for me.

• Yes, it should

• Marijuana should be legalized.

Marijuana over the past decade or so has been proven over and over again to be much less harmful than alcohol. I have never read an article that said marijuana was more harmful than alcohol. Ever. The evidence is out there and it's not even a question.

One thing that I counter-argument that I hear people bring up when it comes to weed legalization, is that while it is less harmful to your than alcohol, it's still harmful. Which is true, but keep in mind that being high is completely different than being drunk. The number of recorded deaths caused by marijuana are EXTREMELY low. While there is crime that is marijuana related, 99% of it relates to possession, drug dealing, etc.

Because of this, legalizing marijuana will reduce crime rates. There is proof of this; states like Colorado have seen a massive drop in crime rates relating to marijuana, and also a significant drop in crime overall. Another thing to point out is that legalizing marijuana will help the economy. It's been seen over and over again in states that have legalized it. Colorado's legal weed market had $700 million in profit in 2015, and is expected to rake in $1 billion by the end of this year.

• It's safer than alcohol

It's safer than alcohol. When I used to smoke all I wanted to do was play some games and chill out. I was able to hold down a job and pay all of my bills on time. Look at Colorado and many other states that have legalized it already. Tax revenue is up and crime hasn't gone up.

• Absolutely, because of...

The damage caused by jailing people over this substance is far greater than actually using it. I can't believe this isn't recognized generally. Sure, some people, once they're out of jail, will tell you it was for the best. They had the experience themselves, so surely they are in a better position to tell you this, right? I don't think so. They wasted their time in jail, and now that they're out they must create a rationalization for themselves to maintain sanity. They did risk putting themselves in there, so they must hold some of the responsibility. But they hold responsibility over only their own life. The rest- and most- of the responsibility must go to the lawmakers who want to act like condescending father figures to all.

• The government has no right to make it illegal.

If one or more adults consents in an activity that is only negatively affecting the consenting adults the government has no moral right, or logical reason to intervene. It should be 100% illegal to market it to kids, and the packaging should have to have fair warnings just like cigarette
    packaging.

• No it should not be legal

Whats wrong with the U.S.A we got problems with drugs such like marijuana, marijuana is not good for us yes i know marijuana has some benefits in health but once the person consumes marijuana they become high and makes u do stuff we don't want to we could end up hurting are family.

• No it shouldn't

Marijuana shouldn't be legalized because it's really dangerous to smoke marijuana even if it's medical marijuana it's still illegal and dangerous. So marijuana shouldn't be legal we all know marijuana is a drug and it can hurt you so you shouldn't smoke it and it shouldn't be legal so don't make marijuana legal

• I understand but...

Alcohol and marijuana are two drugs commonly used by people at the same time. New information indicates that combining the two may cause individuals to over-use both substances and in some cases, can result in death.

The danger of drinking before smoking is severe illness. A side effect of smoking marijuana, called “greening out”, is more likely to occur if a person drinks alcohol before smoking.

Greening out is a term used to describe a situation where a person may feel sick after smoking marijuana. The individuals may go pale and sweaty, feel dizzy with “the spins,” nauseous, and may even start vomiting. This is often followed by the need or strong desire to lie down.

Smoking marijuana and then drinking alcohol can lead to death. When recreational drinking and smoking are combined, it is easier to drink excessively and risk alcohol poisoning, which can kill you.

According to Northeastern University, marijuana has an antiemetic effect, meaning that it makes it more difficult for the body to vomit.

• I understand but...

• Not While Alcohol is Legal