• It is unconstitutional to ban it

According to the first amendment everyone has the right to the pursuit of happiness. What if someone is only happy if they are using marijuana? If that is the case then the United States gov't is taking away the pursuit of happiness for Americans which is not what the founding fathers wanted to happen.

• Yes I do not agree but yes I do

I hav ben smokin it 4 yers ands ther um is um nuthin um rong um with um um ... Ya ........... ... . . . . .. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . Soz

• Yes, drugs should be legalized

I believe that drugs are positive here is why
    Cannabis has been used for over 10,000 years and not one single death has EVER been recorded.
    • It is not addictive and is actually far less addictive than caffeine
    • If legalized, far less more minors would be using Cannabis
    or weed would be sold in stores, valid ID must be given and the user must be at least 21 years of age. After customers start buying from these weed dispensaries, drug dealers would vanish and the ones that stick around would be most likely dealing hard drugs
    • Marijuana is not a gateway drug, it's just the dealers persistently persuading their customers to try harder drugs because they know marijuana is not addictive. If they were to get them to at least try the harder drugs, they would get addicted and come back for more, giving the dealer never ending business
    • Marijuana cures and prevents Alzheimer and Glaucoma, helps relieve stress, anxiety, depression, slows down tumor growth, and helps relieve pain for chemo/radiation therapy patients as well.
    • If legalized, marijuana can be taxed which would produce billions of dollars annually in profit which in turn would help our nation get out of debt. Cannabis farms can be set up as well, and growing and harvesting marijuana can become a profession thus lowering the unemployment rate.
    • Does not lead to or cause lung cancer

• It is GREAT.

Why not? If everyone smoked pot this world would be at peace. I mean, I'm a smoker and I see nothing wrong with it. I love it.. It makes me wanna do stuff, like work. Makes me wanna get up and clean the whole house, go do yard work, anything. It puts me to ease when I'm stressed. I just love it

• Marijuana can save lives

I am 13 years old and I am more informed about marijuana than any of you Anti- Cannabis supporters are. Here are some major facts that help support my claim.1) Cannabis has been used for over 10,000 years and not one single death has EVER been recorded. It is not addictive and is actually far less addictive than caffeine. 2)If legalized, far less more minors would be using Cannabis. Why you ask? I believe if weed would be sold in stores, valid ID must be given and the user must be at least 21 years of age. After customers start buying from these weed dispensaries, drug dealers would vanish and the ones that stick around would be most likely dealing hard drugs (Meth,Cocaine,Heroine). 3)Marijuana is not a gateway drug, it's just the dealers persistently persuading their customers to try harder drugs because they know marijuana is not addictive. If they were to get them to at least try the harder drugs, they would get addicted and come back for more, giving the dealer never ending business. 4)Marijuana cures and prevents Alzheimer and Glaucoma, helps relieve stress, anxiety, depression, slows down tumor growth, and helps relieve pain for chemo/radiation therapy patients as well. 5)If legalized, marijuana can be taxed which would produce billions of dollars annually in profit which in turn would help our nation get out of debt. Cannabis farms can be set up as well, and growing and harvesting marijuana can become a profession thus lowering the unemployment rate. It also does not lead to or cause lung cancer.

• Marijuana should be legalized because it improves students' lives.

It should be, because everyone at Massey High School smokes weed during interval and lunch! Which means everyone's on a good buzz. When it comes to class, everyone is sleeping, therefore the teachers won't have to worry about anyone acting up. Then at interval and lunch, everyone's on the munchies and eats their lunch. That way, none of their food is put to waste!

• Marijuana is less harmful then any other drug.

Marijuana is less harmful then any other drug. Like cigarettes, it messes with your lungs. I mean, marijuana would do a little damage, but not that much. Drinking is bad too. Drinking is worse than anything, but people still drink knowing that it does harm. Marijuana should be legalized. That's what I think.

• Of coarse it should.

Last time I checked this was a free country. The people that immigrated to this country, did so to escape tyranny. If you don't know what that means, it means oppressive power over the people in a particular group by it's leaders. Why should the majority of us suffer, because the super rich feel a certain way about a particular issue? This is not the makings of a free country, this is tyranny. We as humans should have the option to put whatever we want in our bodies; this is not to say that children should have that right. They are young and we need to protect our young. But as for adults, we should never be refused this right. If you can demand for us to fight in battle and die for you. Then, we should be able to choose what we put in our bodies.

• The only drug I would say yes to

Why, There are many factors why, This drug is helps with eye sight, In the mean time it still does the same damage cigarettes do, I never heard of cigarettes helping in any way shape or form. But it's legal. This drug is empowered to drug dealers to make high wages for it. Also it is very dangerous while dealing with a drug dealer because they are a wild card. Who know's what they did to it, laced it with other things, etc. Legalizing it would reduce the prices, it'd be taxed making a lot of money from that alone. Also set a age limit on buying or use of it just as cigarettes. Then put a limit on how high you can be like alcohol. It's funny, Weed makes you mellow out and happy and it's illegal. But alcohol leads to drunk driving accidents, deaths in the process and rapes of women, etc. and it's legal.

• It's hardly harmful.

Although there are some negative side effects such as impaired short-term memory and increased risk of lung cancer, it is relatively harmless in comparison to other drugs. It is less harmful than cigarettes and alcohol as well. Furthermore, have you tried weed? It's awesome! If weed were taxed, it would bring revenue into the system. Right now, the government is using the tax-payers' money to keep harmless stoners and dealers in jail. Prison is for hardcore criminals, not smokers.

• Making something legal, doesn't make it right.

The biggest arguments I always hear, is that it will lower crime, boost the economy, and help with medical purposes. that's the biggest load of BS I have ever heard. First regarding crime. Just because you legalize something won't lower crime. All you are doing is not calling it a crime anymore. We might as well legalize breaking and entering and grand theft auto, this way everyone will have a car and we'll have less crime. It's absurd. Second, the economy will not get a boost. Imagine how many lazy people there will be. They won't be able to work, because they're completely stoned. Pot heads barely have the energy to get off the couch to do anything. And third, medicinal purposes, so instead of finding the chemical or whatever it is in marijuana that helps people get better, why not just extract that or synthesize it and give that to people who need it... not smoke pot. What saddens me is how much time is wasted on debating this topic. It's no where near as important and so many other things. You want to lower crime, stop doing drugs. There will be no more drug dealers if you educate people to not use but stay away. You want to help the economy, don't throw your money away on drugs. Buy good things for your body, like healthy foods. Which then leads to medicinal purposes, eat well, live well, stay healthy, use money to make better medicine. This whole argument is to justify the unhealthy, addictive, lazy pot smokers so that they don't get arrested or feel guilty that they are stupid enough to smoke marijuana. Alcohol and tobacco should be illegal too.

• Marijuana is much more harmful to your body that alcohol or cigarettes.

Marijuana is an addicting substance that damages your health and judgement. It is way worse for the respiratory system than any cigarettes. It damages your brain so that one is not capable of making good judgements. Only people are addicted to Marijuana already would argue for the legalization of it!

• HARMFUL!

Many people believe that marijuana is harmless, but that is completely not true. Marijuana can cause cancer and leads to lung damage, brain damage, and violence. No matter what people say, the government can't legalize marijuana, as it would be dangerous to society. Most states are doing the right thing by keeping it illegal.

• You're all brainwashed!

First off, I have done weed before and never plan on doing it ever again. I used to smoke multiple times a day everyday, and I used to think it was great, but my opinion changed after it almost ruined my life. I always hear that marijuana does not affect your health in any way negatively. Well you're wrong. It's just common sense that inhaling something into your lungs is unhealthy. It also affects the brain. Not only will it affect you physically in the future, but it will affect you emotionally too. Most people smoke weed because they are stressed or depressed. Well you might feel great while you're high, but as soon as it wears off, your sober life is going to seem horrible again. If you get caught with it, your loved ones will be very disappointed in you. You'll most likely lose all your friends because the only thing you'll care about is getting high. It may also affect you financially. Once marijuana becomes your new obsession, you'll spend all of your money on it. Unless you are selling it on the side, you'll become broke. I had a really bad trip once on weed and I saw what my life would be like if I continued using it, and it wasn't pretty... I have other reasons why I disapprove of it being legalized, but I won't get into that... I just feel there are too many teens out there that keep believing all this BS about how marijuana is so great. The majority of the people in this world are brainwashed on this subject. If you ever ask someone that has smoked weed before and quit, ask them why. I'm sure they'll tell you that it almost ruined their life. When our parents and teachers told us to stay away from drugs and marijuana, they weren't kidding, and there's a reason why they said it! OPEN YOUR EYES AND WAKE UP AMERICA!

• NO it should not be legalized

Globally, 1.3 billion people smoke. Each year marijuana causes five million premature deaths.
    Half of them will die in middle age.
    And it will affect your brain and make you crazy , and Legalization of marijuana would worsen schools performance .
    Do you admit that marijuana has medicinal benefit beyond its application as a pain killer ?

• No because it causes deaths.

Marijuana is responsible for more than 100,000 deaths in Europe alone. It is a gateway drug that leads to the use of much more hard core drugs including heroin. One in every 10 marijuana users end up using heroin within 5 months and one in every 2 of these heroin users end up dead within 3 years.

• Absolutely 100% not.

Pot is a gateway drug. One study found that youth (12 to 17 years old) who use marijuana are 85 times more likely to use cocaine than kids who do not use pot, and that 60% of the kids who smoke pot before the age of 15 move on to cocaine. Moreover, it causes a higher death rate due to being high while driving, we have already learned from the legalization in Washington state that this is true. America must keep it illegal.

• Don't do it

I don't understand what is wrong with people don't they understand how stupid this is. I mean are you kidding, they are so whacked out they cant even tell the difference of good and bad. What is the point to get happy for an hour? It is useless and dumb.

• Regulations?

They say legalize it because then it can be regulated and create taxes and what not. I call bull. What is going to stop people from buying from illegal drug dealers, drug dealers with more potent cheaper weed? Absolutely nothing. They say it will help keep it from adolescents. My question is what's the difference in finding a dealer down the street or having a friend buy it at a store? I'm not seeing the advantage here.

• Kill marijuana

I've seen a couple studies which suggest that if marijuana is legalized, regulated and then taxed, we could have an additional revenue source up to $14 billion a year. Additional revenue is good right? Sure, so long as there aren't other costs which may offset it. Based on state & local tax revenue for alcohol sales in 2010, we made roughly $6 billion dollars. But also in 2010 we spent approx $132 billion dealing with drunk drivers (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration FARS data, 2010). Recent studies suggest that individuals that have smoked marijuana within several hours prior to driving have an increased risk of getting into an accident. I'm not particularly interested in seeing the country lose additional billions (not to mention lives) in dealing with drivers under the influence of marijuana. While it can be said that the vast majority of users are responsible with their drinking and/or marijuana use, there needs to be a threshold on how much we're willing to tolerate the irresponsible. Clearly their is a financial cost associated with them and the country doesn't have deep pockets.

Anonymous says2013-03-06T17:08:11.297
legalize MARIJUAN!!! >_...
Anonymous says2013-03-12T22:44:40.433
After reading most of the cons on this debate I have a lot to rebut. First one,"You think I want to be on the road driving and some one high on pot is out there driving ? Pot slows down your reflexes and you are not aware of what the hell is going on. You want other folks killed on the roads ?" (Anonymous). REBUT: Obviously if/when weed becomes legal, it will be illegal to drive high, like Texting, and like drinking, or pills, etc. Second one: "One of the main reasons why it would be just plain stupid to legalize one of the most used drugs in our nation is because it leads to hard drugs, such as cocaine and heroine." (anonymous). REBUT: Actually, there are MANY marijuana users that do not use other drugs as well, Me personally, and my friends. Approximately 46 percent of all drug prosecutions nationwide are for marijuana possession (http://www.drugpolicy.org). Not only would legalizing marijuana open a lot of space in jail, it would bring many different 'types' of people together. No matter what your interest, or profession is, smoking marijuana has nationally connected many people. The last one: "Imagine how many lazy people there will be. They won't be able to work, because they're completely stoned. Pot heads barely have the energy to get off the couch to do anything. "(Anonymous). That is honestly an absurd assumption; Many work forces if/when marijuana becomes legal won't allow their employees to be high; and there may or may not be drug tests too.Whether or not some still do, they wouldn't go 'too stoned' enough to loose their jobs. People chose their jobs because it suits their interests, and usually to make profit. The average smoker would not jeopardize their job getting 'too' stoned, and many stoners become more 'aware' when they are high. Thus, the assumption that reflexes are slowed isn't true, AT ALL. FUn FaCt!! Marijuana is known for 'opening your eyes' to many of the corrupt ways of the economy.
Anonymous says2013-03-13T16:48:17.497
i dont think tht it should be ligalized it kills many people everyday

KLL MARIJUANA FOR KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE
Anonymous says2013-03-20T14:07:21.457
marijuana is very stupid and gets you high
Anonymous says2013-03-25T08:53:30.950
Seriously? It's like life's HD button, in my mind smoking cigarettes should be illegal and marijuana should be legal and that's that.
Anonymous says2013-04-08T13:56:09.417
Marijuana doesn't kill as much people as drinking, or smoking cigarettes. Dont get your panties in a twist about this, just legalize it, already.!!!
Anonymous says2013-04-16T16:58:14.780
EVERYONE should watch a documentary called, "The Union." It's on Netflix :)
Anonymous says2013-04-17T04:17:33.267
Marijuana should be legalized because it's a natural herb that relaxes you... It's better than smoking cigarette's so why not replace them with it?
Anonymous says2013-04-21T18:20:30.890
Marijuana should be legalized because it would save and make the government millions, alcohol and cigarettes are legal and they are way worse than marijuana so what are we waiting for legalize it!
Anonymous says2013-05-28T02:41:12.043
Cannabinoids, including THC and Cannabidiol, promote the re-emergence of apoptosis so that tumors will stop dividing and die.

I dont support the smoking of Cannabis or any other use of drugs, but Cannabis aint just bad!

Nuff Said...
Anonymous says2013-07-12T16:20:40.277
Please will someone reeducate all these ignorant people that say no to legalisation! They don't even know what they are saying no to! This is not a drug to get high on, it's sooooo much more than that! It's a vegetable, it's a gift from mother nature to heal and help us, yes it is abused but so is alcohol and prescription drugs! It's a cure all for pretty much everything and it looked down upon because of stupid people wasting it by burning out the goodness and inhaling the smoke! Let me ask all you pot haters.....If you get cancer or know someone you love that does would you not be prepared to try to save them or yourself with cannabis oil??? You would! It works!!! Or you could just stick with what you've been brainwashed to believe and let the doctors pump deadly poison ito you and zap you with radiation!!!! Get a fricking grip! Open your minds, do some reasearch and help us get the cure we need for cancer! Everyone should own a cannabis plant! What they gonna do? Put us all in jail?
lyutharjacob says2013-10-23T07:26:11.457
In my opinion I feel that that is an extreme measure every coins have two sides and only drug use is not the CAUSE of the violence, I think we should change our thoughts specially cannabis seeds. Most of the New research and medical debates shows that its good for you specially real sick people. I think Gov Should re-concern to legalize, Get some more news through: http://sensiseeds.Com/en/blog/
GOOns says2014-03-09T10:18:17.287
No proof of it causing cancer, brain damage. War on drugs and imprisonment of people for non violent offences would be significantly reduced. It does have medicinal value to people so why deny them that.
AnonymousCaptain says2014-04-20T04:50:27.617
MARIJUANA IS BAD. We should burn it
corynski says2014-05-01T01:53:08.523
Will Tennessee be the last state to legalize cannabis use, either medicinal or recreational?
maximuslayer says2014-05-29T18:54:18.177
Weed is a great way to relieve stress, and what little damage it does is nothing to the thousands of people who die of cigarettes. PS. It's not a drug it's a herb!