Should marijuana be legalized for medical purposes?

• Yes, but ONLY for medical purposes

If it can be used medically, I see no issue with that. But not only does the drug bring violence, but it is terrible for the human brain. For those who doubt this, look up the brain on marijuana. The reality remains that marijuana is terrible for the brain, not to mention the foolish things one does while high. This drug is far from harmless.

• Yes

It should be legal for both medical and recreational purposes. If you truly believe it should be completely illegal than I urge you to fight for the prohibition of alcohol to be put back in place. I would also like people who hate the idea of legalized marijuana to understand that your distaste for marijuana is how you feel and nothing more. People that want to smoke weed will do so whether you like it or not and policing marijuana because it bothers you makes no sense especially since people high on weed cause pretty much no problems. Drunk morons on the other hand....

• Yes

• Yes

• Yes

• Yes Marijuana should be used for medical purposes!

If indeed marijuana is helping those who are sick or in pain etc than it should be legalized but only for those purposes. I do not believe in the use of marijuana for recreation, just to get a high. If it helps I am definitely for it to help ease someones problems.

• Marijuana Should be Legalized

Marijuana is a harmless substance that has been used for centuries. It is too expensive to prevent and it is less dangerous than cigarettes and alcohol. It will create revenue and be safer once federally regulated. Also, prison populations would shrink, saving tax payer money. We must legalize marijuana, it is too expensive not too.

• The taxes alone could save this economy.

If we legalized marijuana, not just for medical purposes, the taxes alone could turn this economy around. We would free up a lot of space in jail and save the money it costs to board those prisoners (over $38,000/yr per prisoner). Not to mention that marijuana really is no worse than alcohol when it comes to substances that alter states. Legalizing it would reduce crime, increase spending, and save this country a lot of money. What's the downside?

• Medical Marijuana

Marijuana should be legalized for medical purposes. It is less intrusive than so many other narcotic drugs and it is not addictive. It has helped many suffering from pain and has given them a better quality of life. I believe it should be legalized on the federal level for medical purposes.

• Definitely.

There are many people who find relief in marijuana instead of taking strong medications for pain, depression, etc. THC is not addictive, and unless you are predisposed to try other drugs, pot is not a 'gateway drug'. For medical purposes marijuana should definitely be legalized, but I think it should be legalized entirely.