Should marijuana be legalized in the United States?

• Plant not drug

Marijuana has cured people this 5 year old girl with epilepsy and she had stuff extracted from the marijuana. She used to have a 100 seizures a week. Now she has 1. It definitley helps. Also a old man who survived from the holocaust had a disease where he had shaky hands i forgot what its called though but when he smoked it he could relax and his hands wouldnt shake anymore. Another guy from chemotherapy used it as medicine in israel in theyre largest medical hospital where theyve been doing medical marijuana research claims that if he keeps doing marijuana he will never have cancer again. Just watched a weed show on CNN. Its proof and it should be legalized. Other patients who suffer from arthritis and loss of hunger and etc use marijuana and they can then eat again and theyre pain goes away for thier arthritis.

• "well let me explain

I am an male in his mid forties that has been smoking since the age of sixteen, a year later my father died and fell into a deep depression for many yrs because the toll my life was taking. Yes I experimented with other drugs, but Marijuana helped me fight my other addictions, I never felt sick or nauseous or lazy or troubled or hang over pretty much felt life. But my thoughts and actions were amplified by ten. I'm not saying that will cure depression totally buy it will help, I often find myself reacting more to my surrounding better, especially if i had a long task to do and getting it done, and Sometimes it just makes me think about life alot and where it's headed and all the chaos in the world today sad. Just think for a minute with whats happening in the muddle east today, and their not using it, if these people had something better to do they probably wouldn't want to die for a mindless cause.

• Stimulation of Economy and civil liberties

Marijuana is a natural plant, it is grown from the earth. George Washington had a hemp farm on the white house property. One of the founding fathers. Marijuana legalization could annually bring in billions of dollars for the state governments which could be used towards education and infrastructure. The war on drugs is and always has been a total failure. Prohibition is what brought in the Al Capones and underground cartels. If marijuana is not legalized in all 50 states in five years i will be shocked. Not to mention its not even addictive compared to legal drugs such as nicotine and alcohol.

• It helps the sick

If weed were legalized the number of trees being cut down would drop. Hemp is an annual crop and is more sufficient for paper in cost and supply. We are losing a staggering number of trees every year. We should be making them out of something that will grow back.

• There are no good arguments against it.

Its not as bad as what we have, its only a gateway drug because its illegal and the people who sell it sell other stuff on the side, its non addictive, and its the USA's #1 cash crop. So why not? For any questions please comment, I would be happy to respond.

• without a doubt it should be

It will not only clear up some of our prisons but also help those terminally ill patients who can not eat but it will also help bring our economy out of its debt. Besides alcohol and cigarettes are legal and they do more damage to your body than marijuana could. And the fact that it is a god given herb not a man made chemical.

• my reason why

I have no problem with it i really don't see why people hate it so much it doesn't ruin lives or anything like alcohol or other types of drugs. I've seen my lots of my friends smoke and I have no problem with it, it's really not that bad, I've never tired it but I do believe people when they say its not bad.

• Yes, right now.

It is long overdue! People love weed! It makes folks happy! And if that is not enough of a reason, I do not know what is. 52% is more than half of us! Wake up, washing ton, give the people what they want! It is time to make it legal for everyone!

• I love marijuana.

There is nothing wrong with smoking marijuana. It is a natural herb that grows from the ground, it does not have any chemicals in it like other drugs such as LSD, PCP, Acid, or Molly. I believe that smoking weed relaxes people and helps calm their nerves and deal with stressful situations.

• Sell it and Tax it!

Yes Marijuana should be legal. If the United states sold it and taxed it they would eliminate their debt to other countries within the first 5 years after legalization. Germany made enough off of the taxes in just the year of 2003 to eliminate 1/3 of our national debt. Marijuana doesn't cause all of the harmful side effects that D.A.R.E. officers try to spread to kids. D.A.R.E. officers are free to say what ever they want to say to the kids about drugs as long as it isn't saying drugs are good.

• No marijuana

No, I personally don't believe that marijuana should be legalized in the United States. It has been illegal for so long, so something must be terrible about it to keep it illegal. I only agree to medical uses of this drug. People will be walking around high and causing tons of problems if it was legalized.

• Don't get hoodwinked

This tank is addictive, and harmful in large doses. Once it's legalized, there is no control over how much one intakes, and it could really hurt the body, leading to heart diseases, lung cancer, increase in aging, etc. It should only be permitted and distributed to licensed doctors and health professionals, who know how to use this drug RESPONSIBLY.

• It makes people stupid

Marijuana has more negative aspects then positive aspects. However people do not realize this because they are taking Marijuana!!! Thus, they are stupid. When marijuana is smoked or eaten, a chemical called tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, is absorbed into the bloodstream, activating proteins in the user's brain and spinal cord. This produces short-term psychoactive effects, including euphoria, a heightened state of awareness, a sharp appetite, and much more!!!!!

• It sets a bad example for children.

I think that marijuana should not be legalized because the children are going to see people smoking and they are going to think that its okay to smoke. Then they are going to start engaging in this behavior themselves. They are the future and if they start smoking at a early age than our future is going to be worse than it is today. They are many reasons why I think marijuana should not be legalized but this is the main one.

• No! Absolutely Not.

All drugs that substantially alter your mental state should be used by prescription only (including alcohol) PERIOD. The only conceivable reason to have drugs that cause such things as - deaths, non-deadly accidents, violence, crime, addiction, corruption etc... - legalized is for greed A.K.A. Tax revenue, sales revenue and so on. This should not be a cause to justify the harm that would come from such an act. We already have plenty of items on our agenda (Our being the U.S. Government) that cause bloodshed and other unnecessary terror, tragedy, fear, and problems to create revenue, that we don't need anymore.

• Ugh....Where are we headed?

Most the people who support legalization wanna smoke it. I know from watching others that it can deteriorate a man. It can ruin families, as it did mine. IT will set a bad example for the children, as they are sure to go out of control with it and harm themselves. Parents DEFINITELY shouldn't be allowed to smoke it. Only for approved medicinal uses do I support. Besides, it reeks..,

Anonymous says2013-05-09T21:13:34.840
I think that it should not be legalized because all of the people who are for it being legalized, are the people who do the drug.