Should marine life be kept in an aquarium?

Asked by: abubv1
  • Yes they should

Yes they should! Because it is more safe for the marine life in an aquarium because human kill marine and other creatures eat them in the sea . It is better for it to be in a aquarium so now human cant kill it and other creatures also cant kill it

• I think they can be in both and be healthy, great animals.

Take a minute to think about your favorite marine animal. Think of how they swim in the water and gracefully go to the surface. What do you feel when you see that in your head? Well, that animal is being that way in both the ocean and the aquariums. When you feel that way, I'm guessing you feel like that feeling won't be found at an aquarium, but it actually can be.

• ********************************* ****** ******************************************************

Fshgkf d glh jf dg h k.Fd gh fdj gd fg.F d.G.Fd©h dj fg hf dj.G hd u.G dh f u. J g hfd g hfdj. Ghvfj .Gh jfh sd hc hd g,d fg .Kds fg sd.Shf shf.G s f h.G h.S fg h. S h g .Khs gk.H shkg

• I do really have good reasons for why they should be kept in the aquarium.

First of all, it can help them stay populated because there are no predators, right? No. Also, if medical attention is needed, then here it comes! Again, no one really gets to see most of the elegant animals in the aquarium, anyway. In my opinion, they seem happy in there. And everyone explains it like this: Would you want to be put in a cage? (first of all, its a tank) Have plastic toys? (I'm pretty sure they don't give animals plastic toys, because that's kinda pollution, and, AHEM we don't try to kill these animals, dude!) And have complete strangers laughing at you? (Okay um... I don't think that that anyone laughs at them unless their TRYING to be funny..) And what if the babies are born, with no predators and no hunting responsibilities, and they release them and they just wait around for food, AND THEN THEY'RE EATEN! (Bro. Seriously, I don't think that the aquarium keepers will let them go!) Bye. And I don't like you people that vote against moi!

• Fish need tobe free

Ewufhqew fhawihefiuwh k j j jj jj j j j j j j j g gg g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g h jn jb uh iu h hkj hui hkh kj kh i iuh h vg yjh b jn jkh

• The captivity of wild animals is murder.

The captivity of all wild animals, including marine animals, affects the overall health of the animal. Small enclosures also stunt growth.
    When freeing an enslaved animal its future is death because it is not used to fending for itself in the wild (or hunting- some animals live for the kill[ like sharks for example].

• Animals have the right to live on their own.

I may only be 11, but I am very intelligent like my favorite marine animal the dolphin. I support all forms of life no matter what size, shape or sort. They all deserve to life how they want, not how humans tell or force them to. There's an orca at SeaWorld named Tilikum. He killed three people because he was being pressured, frustrated and stressed from the tricks he was taught and the way humans treated him. I honestly don't blame hime, and I would probably do the same thing if I were him. Animals were put on the Earth for humans to care for and keep alive, not to use them as a way of income or an act of selfishness. That's my opinion. I don't agree at all with what 57% of you said and I think you should all change your vote.

• You shall not

Who ever's saying yes, think again! Will you sacrifice the marine life's well being for your fun? You can say, "well, they won't be killed!" but the thing is, being dead is better than eternal torture. There is zoochosis, they get pressure when you watch them, etc. Your "fun" is not fun at all for the animals, it's torture!

• No they should not

No they should not! Basic science says if an animal is taken out of the ecosystem it affects the food chain. A slight change from tempreture to one spices extinct. And some animals are not used to a isolated life style. Furthermore,what if an animal is not hunted and greatly multiplies what do we do then.

• Are they really good for the creatures?

Have you ever heard of 'zoochosis'?(No, I did not make it up) This disease also affects animals in aquariums. And, as it does to animals on land, it also affects animals swimming in the water. Animals DIE from this disease, people!

Now, now, I'm not saying aquariums are bad. Yes, they do protects marine species. Yes, they do save species from extinction. However, 19% of all animals harbored by these shelters die. And if not, they become VERY ill with zoochosis, or very meloncholy.
    Hey, would you like it if you were put into a cage, with food, plastic toys, and complete strangers gawking at you? I thought not.

Animals have feelings too! They also love their families!

Another reason for dying because of aquariums:
    When used to the pressure of everyone watching it, the offspring are also born WITH that pressure, leading up to a complete change in the animal

ANOTHER reason:
    If the offspring are born into an enviroment where food is GIVEN to them, and there are no predators, what happens to them if they get released? They will hang around, waiting for food to be given to them. Plus, they are not accustomed to predators: when that manatee sees a shark, it's animalinstinct(which was distroyed in the aquarium) tells it to swim away. But since it does not know what a predator is, it will stay put, also leading to death.

So, what do you think now?
    Are aquariums really THAT good for the marine animal they are "caring" for?