• It is not a matter of human rights. Same sex marriages logically opens the door for polygamist marriages, incestuous marriages, ect.

Gay men and gay women have the same rights as a straight men and women: they can marry people of the opposite sex. What at issue here is not about human rights, it is about gay men and women wanting the state to say that the way they are living is ok. Marriage would be the ultimate way for the state to say that the homosexual lifestyle, as unhealthy as it is, legitimate .
    But if we change the definition of marriage for homosexuals why not for polygamists, for incestuous relationships, or for people and animals? If you are against any form of marriage being allowed are you violating people's rights? Society is based on the family; this can be seen by kids without fathers being more than four times more likely to get into crime than kids with fathers.

• Marriage should always be between a man and a woman.

Marriage should always be between a man and a woman, not Adam and Steve. It is bad enough that there are so many gay women these days which is making it much harder for us straight guys that are very seriously looking for a good woman to meet to share a life with.

• Nature has to take its course

Because that's how the human race started and that's how it would continue to prosper. The society and life in general revolves around a set of rules that defies logic but still their existence insures the wheel of life continues to turn making the world a place to live. Imagine the world with men all Gay and women all Lesbian. I guess if the world wars never succeeded to wipe out the human population...gay marriage sure would.

• There's a balance.

Children should be raised by a normal couple who can teach them values. Otherwise, society is going to be a complete chaos if we continue accepting certain behaviors as normal when they aren't. Besides, this open-minded society is promoting more people to become gay or try new daring sensations, which make them go with the flow to not be old-fashioned.

• Marriage should be between a man and a woman because through a marriage you will be able to raise a good family.

Some people think it is ok for their children to be raised by two moms or two dads, but in reality they need one of each in their lives. That is why single moms or single dads have a hard time raising their children because their child missed out on the mother or father that they needed in their life.

• It's not about sexual stimulation.

Marriage is the legal creation of kinship for the sexual union between a man and a woman as the natural purpose of sex is reproduction; making new family and the next generation. Sex is not just stimulation of the organs; it involves mating of the male and female. This mating does not always make babies, but can potentially make babies . So marriage is a contract and commitment to ensure that the woman and children are looked after and provided for and to create family. It also legitimizes children and the responsibility for children. If men went round having sex with any woman they would not know who their children were historically, as DNA testing is only a recent advance. Homosexual sex is not actually biologically speaking sex, it is merely sexual stimulation of the organs. Marriage is meant to be a life long commitment and consummated....This involves vaginal intercourse- the thing that makes babies! Not sticking a penis any place or up someone's bum. Therefore homosexuals cannot get married as they are unable to have biological sex. They recognize the same sex as sexually attractive and engage in acts of sexual stimulation with members of their own sex. Love is not the reason of marriage alone as we as humans can love many people and animals. In recent western society love of some sort,is often involved as one of the reasons for marriage. But in most of the world this is not the case and in these marriages love often grows from the shared relationship and commitment. Commitment is the foundation of marriage. Commitment to work through the problems and do what's necessary to make the relationship work and stay together. This is done because the sexual relationship between a man and woman is a very serious business with serious responsibilities. It leads to pregnancy, new family, kinship, children, and often to emotional, spiritual, material and physical involvement. And even with contraception pregnancy is always possible.

• Homosexual marriages have no general benefit to society

The how purpose of marriage, removing religion from the picture, is an sociological institution designed to produce children and provide them in an environment where both sexes are present. Though being gay doesn't automatically prove being a bad parent, its brings children into an environment where only one sex is presented. A supporting example would be a straight man who was raised by a lesbian couple. Though they may have been loving parents, certain aspects of his childhood and teenage years would be lost. At the same time, if we accept gay marriage in the courts, than polygamy and polyandrous relationships would be entitled by law as well, where does it end?

• Marriage can only be between a man and a woman.

Behind the concept of marriage is children. Not togetherness with your loved one. This can happen without a legal recognition. Imagine the huge social problems if kids didn't have parents. In a marriage parents stay together and hence look after the children. Within marriage children find protection. It's the collective and time tested wisdom of society. Of course there are counter arguments, but keep in mind that the benefits of marriage (for kids) override the disadvantages. Couples, heterosexual or whatever can always be together - living together is legal in some countries already! Why opt for marriage? Is it for social and other benefits?

• Yes, Marriage Should Be Between a Man and a Woman

By definition marriage is the institution where a man and woman decided to live together as husband and wife and they have it legally documented as such. A marriage license must be obtained and signed for the marriage to be legal. This how marriage was first defined and it should stay that way.

• Gay is just wrong, I understand gays were born that way, but I still think it's something wrong, such as a mental disease.

Homosexuality is not very well seen by most people because a same sex couple appears unnatural, I do not agree with either gays(I know they are there and I can't change that) but Gay marriage? Really? Ridiculous!

• What if it was the other way around?

What if being gay was the cool thing and being straight was wrong? All these people that are straight would feel as horrible and outcast as the gays do. It's not right to judge people for who they like. I'm not gay but if I was I would want people to accept me for who I am.

• All Arguments Invalidated by One Simple Concept..

Separation of Church and State. Period. It is not up to the State to Regulate the morality of it's citizens based on RELIGIOUS tenants Unless that behavior harms others. For example: We outlaw murder because it harms others and causes fear and anarchy in a peaceful society. We do NOT outlaw the eating of Pork. Nor do we authorize the killing of a rapist by the victim's brother or the removal of a hand for theft. Why? Because these laws are based in Religious (Biblical) tenants. Almost every argument against gay marriage is based in Religious belief, as well. The Constitution states we can make no law respecting one religion over another. By stating that homosexuals cannot marry, the State would Respect one Religious (Judeo-Christian-Muslim) law over other equally Valid beliefs by those who are not of those Religions/Belief systems. If the Church you attend doesn't want to recognize or sanction a gay marriage, that is their Right. It is Not the Right of the State to do the same. The State is supposed to offer EQUAL RIGHTS TO ALL regardless of Race, Creed, Color, Religion or Sex. To do any less is the invalidate the Constitution. As for Benefits (financial considerations)....If there are 10 people in a room and 4 are gay, the only difference is that Bob will marry Joe instead of Susan or Cindy. Nothing is gained, or lost. The numbers come out the same. I'm very very tired of Christians shoving their religious beliefs down the throats of the American people. You are Free to chose whatever you believe. However, I am free to Chose what I believe. If my beliefs do not conform to yours, that does not give you the Right to force your Christian beliefs on the rest of society in the form of laws that exclude others from basic freedoms. If you don't want to marry a man, don't. If you don't want to be part of a church that marries gay people, don't go to that Church

• Having marriage be defined as solely between a man and a woman is old-fashioned.

The definition of marriage between a man and a woman was created to maintain an interest in religious practices and is old fashioned and out of date. If one were to argue that this definition stems from the Bible, then the Bible also states that it is legal to marry with multiple partners and that polygamy should also be legal. Who are we to deny marriage between two people who love each other regardless of orientation?

• Marriage is a legal contract that comes with benefits.

By not allowing gays to legally marry we are preventing them from collecting the pensions, health insurance, etc. of their partner and from being able to bestow these benefits on their partner. Being married allows couples to have tax breaks. They are able to visit their spouses in the hospital, as well as make important decisions for them in worst case scenarios. Marriage used to involve essentially selling women to husbands that were often much older. It used to be between one white man and one white woman, or one black man and one black woman. Definitions change, and we are denying rights and benefits to people by not allowing them the right to marry, simply because they have the same reproductive organs.

• Should marriage be between a man and a woman?

I disagree with it because it doesn't matter who you are with love is love deal with it and move on with life. I have a few friends of mine who are part of the LGBT community that i fully support. I myself have been called gay a few times im straight.

• Everyone is deserving of love, and it's hurtful to say that some are not worthy of it.

I think the foundation of marriage rests on the institution of love and attraction, and some simply love and are attracted to those of the same sex. Also, we live in a society where sexuality is assumed upon us at birth... Since I was born a female, it's assumed that I'm going to grow up and be attracted to males. This is unfair. It is unfair that because I am straight, I do not have to go through a tedious process of telling my loved ones that I am straight. However, for my brother who is gay, he had to take time off of his work and school just to tell my family that he is gay. The sexuality that was assumed upon me was a correct assumption, but because we assumed differently for others, they have to pay the consequence. The least we could do for them is allow them to get married.

• Marriage should be between two people that love each other.

I don't care much about religious arguments, but in states that promote democracy, the Constitution should allow people of the same sex to get married and to be recognized by the state as such. We have come so far in matters of tolerance and acceptance that it would be a step back if we actually put straight people above gay people. Let's not forget that we have been trough worse times in our history and most of our problems were generated by anything else rather than gay people. People need to come together and fight for really important issues like corruption, war, racism, terrorism, bullying!

• Marriage should not only be between a man and woman

It should be with whoever you love, and see yourself spending the rest of your life with. Whoever makes you happy.
    K k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k

• You stupid christians!!!!

NOT EVERONE IS A FUCKING CHRISTAIN.
    MARRIAGE IS ABOUT LOVE NOT GENDER. IT IS COMPLETELY NATURAL AND IT IS THE WAY YOU ARE BORN, THERE IS SO MUCH EVENDINCE TO SUPPORT THAT. You people need to learn that everyone isn't christian and not everyone believes that the earth was made by a dude who does not exist because reasons. HOW IS IT YOUR CHOICE OF WHO WE CAN LOVE? You people are all like "we don't care about you and your needs! We don't realize that overpopulation is a thing and were going to stop you from loving someone on the way there born." you guys also say this "we are going to ignore science and base our decision off of a random book written 2000 years ago that is anti gay, anti hair cuts and anti everything. STFU ITS NOT YOUR PROBLEM BITCH

• We are all people too.

First, the argument that marriage is just for procreation is bunk. Heterosexual couples get married who don't want children, and no one tells them that they can't get married, so why do we deny homosexuals that right? Also, if marriage is between a man and a woman, than what about transgender people who consider themselves a man or a woman , but are biologically not? What then? Also, marriages give couples rights that you can't get under a civil union, even with the help of a lawyer for some rights. Not to mention a marriage license cost about 100 dollars, and to get a civil union and apply for a fraction of the benefits of a civil union is THOUSANDS of dollars! That's ridiculous!
    We are all people and should be treated under the law that way, even marriage laws.