Should masculinism be taken as seriously as feminism?

• Yes, women shouldn't be payed more attention to then men.

Men and women are equal. After all you hear everything about feminism, always women's rights, but what about men are we just forgotten, what about us we're still here and yet no one stands up for us. A man could call 911 saying he was raped by a woman and the operated would probably laugh at the victim, because rape can only happen to women, men can't be raped. A woman would get a shorter prison sentence than man who was charged with the exact same crime. What about us, aren't we important anymore?

• Yass men are great

Hjxdhsdh hdhjashd dhsadajdhs dhsdhasjdhajdhad jah men eserve menism because women have the same thing okay so get lost waste us hdjshdshdsg dsg g g g g g g g g f g gb gb b gb gg g g g g gg ng gg gg g g g g g g g men rule

• We all have problems too.

Women have problems and men have problems. No gender has more issues or more important issues over the other. Both male and female have advantages and disadvantages throughout life. Feminism focuses on women rights and masculinism focuses on men rights. I don't believe each group is against each other, rather they focus on the issues they have. Instead of name calling and arguing who has the bigger problem each group should take the time to listen to one another issues and concerns. Do credited research from trustworthy nonbias sources in order to find and fix the areas of inequality our society. But if we voice hate and only care about our group then things won't progress positively where each group can feel heard.

• If it is ever needed yes!

Of course! In society today we don't really need it but if we ever did then it of course. People make the mistake of feminism being about male hating. Those are not feminists. I'm a feminist and I don't hate guys. I just want females and males to be on equal levels on society.

• Hey, let's be equal here.

Of course it should be taken seriously. As a feminist, I believe in equality for ALL and masculinism is included. Feminism is just given more mention because women were treated like inferiors for ages and sadly, in a lot of places still are. That, however, does not mean masculinism shouldn't be taken seriously.

• Feminism is all about equal rights so of course yes.

To be equal, each sex needs to be treated equally. So anyone saying that masculinism shouldn't be took seriously, isn't truly a feminist. Just a stuck up female.

In my personal opinion, any female claiming otherwise are just as sexist as men that claim that females are the lesser sex.

• Everything is equal

People support feminism, not because people don't believe that masculanism is not as important, or that men aren't important, but that women have legitimately been treated as second class citizens for eons. People can happily celebrate how masculine they are, and advocate for men in cases of inequality such as divorce hearings etc.

• Statements like "Be a man" should be taken seriously.

Thank's to the fight against woman's suffrage people have been far more accepting and unbiased when interacting with women. You don't hear people getting on girls for "not acting like a lady" because that's outdated and sexist. We need to treat "Be a man" similarly. You're generalizing an entire population.

• Oh absolutely, yes.

I believe that any gender regardless is equal and should be equal, with the only difference being reproductive parts, because, well, I don't feel I should explain myself there.

The problem is, there are people who do not take masculinism seriously, and there are people who do not take feminism seriously either. The way I see it is that both have their own radical agenda, though personally I have seen modern masculinism more about gender equality and modern feminism about radical female supremacy.

Every human is human, and we all deserve equal rights. At the same time, we all have equal responsibility for our actions.

• Feminism Is About Equality, not

The point of feminism is to create equality. How can you fight for the group that has always been in power. If you want gender equality, you are a feminism, regardless of whether you are a man or a woman. What rights do women have that men don't have? There is no reason for masculinism.

• Feminism means equality for all genders

So basically creating this "new" side just for men would be idiotic. I know it sounds contredictory since I don't want them to have their own group, but if a guy feels uncomfortable using the term feminist, are they truely fighting for equal rights? Even though from what I've seen Mansculinists seem more like 'Femenazis' due to the fact they're only focusing on their gender, not really focusing on true equality, though I may be wrong on that point...

• No it shouldn't.

It may sound bad, but I do not think that masculinism should be taken as seriously as feminism. This is because, in general, men have never had their rights threatened or taken away from them. Some men feel that life is not fair for them, but this is usually because they want things to go back to the days when women spent their lives taking care of the man.

• We dont care

Men do not really care about voicing our opinions out all that much, so no I think the womens should be taken more seriously, simply because they have so much more energy behind their fight. Men really do not care about expressing our concerns and feelings towards everyone fighting for us.

• No, it is silly.

Just as we can not take seriously white rights as an answer to black rights because the former are historically the oppressors, so we can not take seriously a movement such as masculinism. Feminism was a response to oppression and it is just silly to now have a response to the response.

Comrade_Silly_Otter says2014-02-14T19:26:13.570
Or we can all shut up and accept it that we are all human. :)
bubbatheclown says2014-02-15T04:44:20.447
To all DDO Users:
I have created a 2020 Mock Presidential Election, located in the Debate.Org forum. If you wish to participate as a candidate, sign up. If you do not wish to participate, feel free to watch and vote anyway.