• Yes,in all collages

Basic science and engineering makes us different from monkeys
    From shelter to laws we make ,all are based on sciencetific knownledge.We need science more than language because computer language only consist of 0&1 and tells lot more than letters we discoverd before.We egnored science and language made us inhuman and illogical.

• Maths is important.

Maths is very important because it helps us in a lot of ways . It increases your mind . Maths even develops our brain . So , maths is very important subject in our future life . As well as , even in our present life. So maths is important.

• Maths is important.

• Maths is important.

• Maths is important.

• Fucking hell yes

N n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n n nn n n nn n n nn n n n n n n n nn n n n nn n n n n n n n n n n nn

• Hell Fucking yes!

EVERYTHING IS MATH AND SCIENCE IN THE MODERN WORLD. W quw wq wqb wqeb qw ww d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d

• Math and science are amazing!!!!!!!

In hf kxnk smnz jx jj j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j

• Loll go ff

Huh to you to ha you is in at up down to right left hi hello is it you hi why so huh to you to ha you is in at up down to right left hi hello is it you hi why so huh to you to ha you is in at up down to right left hi hello is it you hi why so huh to you to ha you is in at up down to right left hi hello is it you hi why so

• A Maths and Science education is essential to achieve Scientific & Technical Literacy which is becoming increasingly important in our modern world.

The scientific and technological progress of the last and current century cannot be understood or appreciated with a firm grounding in these subjects. As the pace of progress accelerates it's more important than ever before to acquire a basic understanding of these subjects in order to remain informed about the changes occurring everyday such as new medical treatments, energy sources, means of transportation etc etc. If you want to participate in Tomorrow's World and not remain an ignorant bystander then a schooling in these subjects is required, especially because it will be particularly difficult to require this knowledge and understanding later on in life when your adult responsibilities (doing your job, being a parent etc) become the priority, by which time, it's too late for many....

• Not all occupations need maths and science!

There are many occupations that do not involve maths and sciences, for example, being a lawyer or working as a counselor. Being a lawyer pays about $100,000 a year and it does not involve either maths or science. A counselor can make up to $60,000 a year. This proves that you do not need maths and science to get a good job.

• Important math is done in younger age

We need math in real life, but those are only basic calculations, fractions and percentages and being able to read simple graphs. I am for developing these also in later years instead of learning unnecessary number facts and making a graphic calculator do all the work because that is not useful and does not even challenge the brain. In fact, the topics covered are so irrelevant for life that it would make more sense studying advanced chemistry because that at least explains something, however it may not be relevant to daily life.
    In terms of sciences, I think they are more important than math and so should be done by all for a couple of years but later on students should be able to drop them. However, they are only just as important as all the other subjects.

• No way in the whole wide world

If science and math were actually so important, then my family would have been in the streets right now. Both my parents went off the science route. My Mom is a producer in the media and my Dad is a lecturer- no, not teaching science but phlosophy. They've done well without the subjects and so can others. Let those who want them take it not torturing others!!!

• Math should be used an elective.

Some students have no reason to be taking science, most jobs will not have anything to do with the topic. If someone knows they want to do something different, they should not be required to have math shoved down their throat. It is completely unnecessary for high school students to take.

• It does not cover all work areas

As a yr 10 student, I am forced to do maths and science in my school. Since I'm Asian, people also stereotyped me because they expect Asians are smart as they are good at maths and science. Yes it's true that majority Asians are smart in those two areas, but should we force other people to do so even though they don't like it? Even though i have high preferences to maths and science, i disagree with the context of maths and science should be compulsory in schools. Maths and science should be chosen not forced. Students should choose their own subjects in year 8 so they can focus on what they want to be in the future not what they are forced to be.

• Some Math, but every Science should not be compulsory.

Maths is a useful skill, and it is needed in - more or less - every job. Basic maths. Not advanced maths (Pythagoras theorem, Histograms, Brackets etc.), these should be part of a separate subject which the students whom want a career in mathematics could choose called "Further/Advanced Maths". Basic maths however should not be dropped as - although many don't like it - it is important, and should just be revised many times to enable students to perform well in the exam/s.
    As for science, why it is compulsory is beyond me, I am to sit 9 science exams in June 2017. This will be useless as - even though I am unsure of which profession I want to go into, but I can tell you for a fact that it will NOT be a science. Pupils could be taught important life skills, such as financial independence, how to perform well in an interview and teachings of Tax & Insurance etc.

• Math and Science Should Not Be Compulsory.

Since when is science or math EVER teach me the basic needs of every day life besides FOOD and WATER? It doesn't teach me how to pay tax or even buy a goddamn house or even get a job? It doesn't. Going into those subjects, subjects like these should not be compulsory because neither of these are applicable to daily life. On the other hand, when getting a job, when will it never support me in ARTS or LANGUAGE LEARNING? Yes, there is architecture, yet, it should be more of an elective for those who wish to have that career. Not science, though, science isn't relevant to neither of these in any way, from what I've seen. Unless one's goal is a biologist. More on, I understand that there should be a basic understanding of it, yet if someone should want to go more into the mathematical side of the careers, the branching subjects should be electives, as well as with biology. The understanding of the human body yet, don't we do that in Health already? So for those who don't have anything to do with these two subjects in their careers, I apologize that you had to learn these useless subjects just as a gateway to where you got to now.

• Hell No!!!! .

Can someone please tell me when I will need to fractionally distal crude oil....? I understand some want a career in the scientific field but what about those who don't? What about those who love history and languages but whose lives are dominated by the useless facts of polymers and monomers? Surely it is important to know about our past and to know the languages of others than it is to spend hours sweating over Bunsen Burners wishing you were somewhere else. I believe that science should be optional and that the government need to understand that some people do not have logical minds and will struggle at these pointless subjects.

• It shouldn't be

Of course, basic mathematics and sciences should be compulsary, but the fact that studying Biology while taking up an Arts major is kind of off the topic. You see, not all students will be engineers, not all will be chemists, biologists and other science majors, and that'ts the thing with math and science, not everyone will use them with your everyday lives. Example, you will not use algebra while buying groceries nor physics when playing in the see saw. It's like you're wasting your time 'learning' things that for you are pure nonsense rather than using your time learning and cultivating things you will really use and things that will make your life easier.

• It should not be compulsory

Forcing people through lessons which young people feel boring and irrelevant will put them off maths and science. A recent study found out that motivation was the most important factor to improve grades. Another point is that not all minds are suited to maths so it will waste their time and this will lead to lack of confidence