• Why is this even a question?

Of course math should be taught! What negative comes from learning math? Math is used in every day life, and it is key to a good mind.

If not taught in elementary school, children would be very behind by the time they are in middle school, and high school, and eventually college.

If not for the sake of educating our children, do it for America's sake. Wouldn't you like American children to excel in math over others because of their early start?

• Mathematics is Present in Everyone's Lives

Mathematics is present in everyone's lives. Everyone needs to have basic skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Imagine primary school students trying to share something out and having to reach for a calculator because they can't do simple division. When you buy something it's often beneficial to work out the best deal for something. Without mathematics being taught in primary school, we will become a society where people rely on calculators are are open to being exploited by others.

• The sooner, the better.

Kids need slow, comprehensive introductions to math, because since I didn't get that, I'm a senior in high school and mathematically the stupidest kid in the world. All my teachers went too fast and only explained things ONCE. Teachers simply cannot do that and think that ALL their students will understand.

• The sooner, the better.

• Yes, young people are smart.

Yes, math should be taught in elementary school, because young people are smart. When math is taught while children are young, by the time they are older, like in middle school, they are ready to move on to advanced material. Children have a great capacity to learn, and elementary school is a good time to teach math.

• Math needs to be taught in elementary school.

It is exceedingly important that mathematics be taught at the elementary level. Mathematics has long been maintained to be one of the hardest subjects for a majority of students within the United States. Most negate it's important because of it's difficulty, and this is why it should be taught as much as possible as soon as possible. Earlier exposure would be beneficial because it grants children a head start.

• Math is stupid

We has da calcs now, baby. Hi hi hi hi his high high high hi hi high hi hi hi hi high oh oh high high high high hi hig hig hig hihmjg j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j nj