Should medical science devote itself to curing more potential epidemics at the expense of treatment for everyday common illnesses?

• Medical science should devote itself to curing more potential epidemics at the expense of treatment for everyday common illnesses.

Medical science should devote itself to curing more potential epidemics at the expense of treatment for everyday common illnesses. Epidemics pose a much greater threat to human life than everyday common illnesses. Most common illness are easily treatable and are not life threatening, whereas an epidemic has the potential to destroy innumerable lives.

• Yes, I do

I think the common cold will always be out there, it has shown the ability to adapt and morph itself into different strains. I think we should focus on things that we can cure and let the common cold be pushed back for some time. It's not fatal and its not going anywhere.

• No It Shouldn't

I do not believe medical science should devote itself to cure more potential epidemics. This certainly shouldn't be done at the expense of everyday common illnesses. I believe we need to concentrate on the things that are more likely to affect us today, not something that might happen in the future.

• Medical Science Should Cure Everyday

When medical science cures everyday illnesses, the need to cure epidemics will be obviated. Epidemics come from everyday illnesses such as colds and flu. If we can cure the common cold, there won't be a seasonal epidemic of rhinoviruses. Influenza can be eliminated and then scientists can focus on other stuff.

• No, science shouldn't sacrifice some cures for others.

I do not believe that science should devote itself to curing more potential epidemics rather than finding treatments for everyday common illnesses. I think both type of illnesses are something that science should focus on and trying to cure to help today's world and society. I also think that science is able to do such a task.