• I have a better idea

How about instead of testing on animals that have no voice of their own(but still feel pain), we test on those deserving of being tested on! For murderers, gang members, drug cartels, and rapists we test on them. Those people are monsters, not humans. They kill millio0ns of innocent people, but I've never heard of mice killing people for fun. It would save money, as well as provide better, quicker, and more accurate results regarding vaccines, make-up, pesticides, etc. It takes months for human testing to be allowed, so let's cut to the chase. Society would flourish from this technique.

• The lesser of two evils.

We must pick the Lesser of Two Evils. As mean as it may seem, either it's tested on animals, or on humans. We must pick the one that is least evil, and testing medicine on rats is a lot less as bad as testing it on people.

If you think it's be better to test on humans, you're wrong. Most would not care to be tested. We'd have a MAJOR shortage of test subjects.

• Yes, but it should be as minimized as possible.

I believe that most medicinal trials should be people-tested. Animal testing should only be used in the early stages so as to get an idea of whether or not a product is generally safe to use. The rest of the stages should be tested of human volunteers to fine-tune it.

• No doubt about it.

Animal testing is an absolute necessity. When developing a new drug, it is impossible to know what sort of effects it will have on a living system until it is tested in one (many, actually). If these drugs went straight to human testing, we'd see death tolls in the millions, as we would have no idea of side effects, particularly harmful or fatal ones. It would delay drugs going to market significantly as well.

The rights of people trump any rights of animals in this case. Testing facilities using animals are also under strict guidelines for ethics and humane treatment.

• It is natural

It is an animal's nature to try survive, improve their survival. We test things on mice to improve our survival. For example mice eat as much food they can. Imagine these lesser foods that the mice eat had consciousness, the mice will still without a doubt eat the food. Survival of the fittest is how we got to the apex species in the first place, it is the natural order of things

• Yes they should.

Medicines should be tested on animals because the alternative would be testing on actual people which will be a lot more devastating than testing on an animal. I agree that it can be cruel or harsh at times but there is not much we can do when we have no other choice.

• Tested on Animals First, Humans Second

Preliminary formulations of medicines should be tested on animals first and then humans during later trials. Animal testing has been around for thousands of years when dogs were fed meat before kings and rulers ate their food to test for poisoning. Animal testing will proceed for the foreseeable future until we find a way to scan and sense objects for their reliability within the human body.

• Animals are good test subjects.

I think that animals are good test subjects and great ways to test the ability of certain medications. We live in a world where human testing will never happen and is unethical. We need to be able to test medicine to ensure its safety, so testing on animals is the way to go.

• Medicines Tested on Animals

Yes, medicines should be tested on animals as long as the risks are minimized. We shouldn't delve into the territory of animal abuse in the name of medicinal testing, though. A low-risk medicine should be tested on animals in order to gauge the reactions and responses for use in humans.

• Pharma Needs To Test

I believe that we should test medicines on animals. The only alternative would be to directly test them on humans, without knowing what any of the effects would be. It would be far worse to lose a human to pharmaceutical testing, in comparison to losing an animal. While testing can and does harm animals, the alternative is far more devastating.

• We need these animals

These animals do not have the same reactions as humans do. They don't have the same diseases or sicknesses we have and we shouldn't put them in danger and rist of their lifes. The animals have never tested on us so why should we do that to them? I just consider that as animal cruelty and don't think this is fair for the animals. I understand that we have to test these medicines but I don't understand why we have to test it on animals. Scientists are smart enough to figure out what chemicals solve what and what isn't good for the human body, they don't need to use animals. They just need a brain.

• The notion of testing on animals is an easy one to agree with.

But if we're speaking on the morality of it, then there is simply no way it's right to do so. To me, testing on a creature for our own advancement is a lot like sacrificing a virgin to a volcano. Except with actual results. The idea of letting one suffer for many may sound very noble, but honestly? I think it goes to show what bloodthirsty, selfish monsters we really are to do so. And as if that's not bad enough, we go further with it and make notions on how it's for the greater good. No, it's not for the greater good. Because simply put, humanity is not the greater good. Humanity has consistently been capable of the worst crimes the world has ever seen. Every once and awhile I see a lion biting off a gazelle's nuts off or perhaps a fly laying it's eggs inside a living creature; having the poor thing be eaten from the inside.But you know, these things don't compare to what we've committed.

Firstly, here are the acts we justify against animals:

So, basically, we have once drained the blood of these dogs and basically killed them and found a way to bring them back. They suffered brain damage and pretty much became zombies. Naturally, the scientists having absolutely no concept of how ethics work, thought it was ethical. Because they followed procedure, and that's what matters. Procedure. They drained the dogs blood because they felt it was the more painless way to do so. What a shame that they missed the part on how they completely destroyed the mind of those creatures. Seriously, what kind of mentality is this?
    Pain is all wrong, but complete destruction of the brain isn't?

Or how about we talk about factory farming: While people are starving in Africa, we're mass producing cows and feeding those creatures grain instead. Which, if you don't know, is actually unhealthy for the cow. I don't believe I need to explain in explicit detail the way these creatures are treated, but after wasting the grains on those cows we kill them to feed people that don't need to be fed. In fact, there's a good chance that the cow will be served as McDonalds. So, the creature didn't even die to sustain us, it died to make some guy obese and maybe die from a heart attack.

After all that, I haven't even gotten into the horrible things we did to other humans. Genocide, torture, starvation, war. And yet we actually argue that testing on animals for humanity is a greater good? No, we're not. We're the greatest evil this world has ever seen. When we're not committing horrible atrocities on purpose, we're doing it inadvertently and ignoring them; defending them.

So, what I'm proposing is that we test on criminals instead (not enough words to finish my thoughts on this matter though)

• Every bieng on the earth has the right to live life whether they are voiceless or can speak.

In my thoughts testing of medicines on animals is a cruel thing. Animals are also the creation of GOD, and if we think that our life is precious and we feel the pain than we should not forget that animals are not the object, they also feel the pains like us because they also have senses. The only difference is that we can show our pain but they can't. So please don't be cruel and protect them. Our life is also directly or indirectly dependent on them, so at least for our own life we should stop our cruel activities.

• Animals should not be used to test out new medicines.

I think this because animals have families. How would you like it if one of your family members were being injected with a disease or a flu or a cold and they (scientist) could not find a medicine that could cure this and that family member died.
    You cant always believe what scientist say, they even thought Pluto disappeared when it was just orbiting around the solar system.