Should men be allowed to wear high heels like they were originally intended for?

Asked by: jaksunmadness
  • High heels were originally meant for men

And I mean high heels that are designed for men not the same kinds women wear. Louis XIV wore them as a sign of high status and it stuck in the high class for men to wear high heels. The first high heels were worn by Persian warriors on horseback. Believe it or not high heels had a functionality aside from fashion, it was used to help get a step on the horse more easily.

• People were born naked, right?

Since we came here without clothing, people should be able to wear whatever they like. I'm a man and I have loved high heels since I was young. I have worn boots in public but not my pumps. I will soon. Some people are just narrow and closed minded. If something doesn't make sense to them then whomever feels contrary to that belief is wrong. Clothes do not dictate sexual orientation. Some like Coke some like Pepsi. The first word in individual is I.

• Yes they should and I do

I don't see a problem with men wearing heels why should us guy's be trapped in a fashion trap. After all it is ok for women to wear men's clothes no one blinks an eye at that. I have to tell you I wear JUJU Babes they are the jelly shoes with a heel they are so nice to wear and I only get complements when people notice I am wearing them. I am not a cross dresser I just love to wear shoes with a heel.

• Yes they should and I do

• When heels were first created it was meant for men and horseback riders

I dont know when or how high heels became a woman thing, but men should be allowed to wear them since it was originally and historically made for them. Just because high heels are portrayed more as a woman's dress piece doesn't mean men cant wear them. If women are allowed to bypass in mens clothing so should men without the strange looks. It shoes

• If your willing to break from the herd

I find that a very confident man will and can break from the herd when it comes to traditional norms. We as humans like things to stay the same, but in order to change the current norm, enough men have to break away and do their own thing. Men in heels would be a refreshing change from the current drab and limited wardrobe.

• Nothing forbids it and nothing wrong with it

It isn't about cross-dressing, nor is it effeminate as such. Having said that, it will not become a trend, unless the styles are men's styles, not women's. Personally, in case a man wants to wear a woman's shoe, it is his business alone, but it will not generate universal acceptance.

• Men should have the fashion freedom tomwear. What they want

Fashion freedom should be extended to men in a similar way as it is to women. Women have worn what is customarily been mens so there is no reason why men should not wear what women wear or have already taken from the mens shelves. Foot weat does not determin gender and never has. Gender equality should be for both sexes and gender

• Yes, men do wear high heels

There should not be any gender differential when it comes to what a person wears and that includes foot wear. The presence of a heel may not suit all occasions but should be included in all options of footwear to suite men and women. It shoe shops added a heeled range in their mens section would go a long way to break down the long standing stigma that men dont wear heels

• Ummm ... Men CAN wear high heels - they just don't

The would COULD and SHOULD are two totally different words. Men most certainly CAN wear high heels, they simply do not wear them. They do wear platform shoes appropriate to current make dress styles. With men generally having above average height, the aristocratic need to be literally above people has greatly lessened. Whether or not someone should adopt risqué attitudes toward fashion and cross into female norms for men is a question SHOULD.

Most men simply will not. Even though they have the freedom to do so.

• No....Unless you don't mind getting the looks.

I mean you have to acknowledge that men wearing heels now is considered weird and effeminate. So if you are prepared to deal with all that name calling. Sure, if you are not best not to.

People have just as much right and freedom to make fun of you for wearing heels. Just as much as you have the rights to do what you want.

• Men wearing high heels

There is a lot of hate from people who say men wearing high heels is weired.Or words to belittle them. And physical action at them.Their is need of education of the past history of the high heel shose. Put it on TV a couple of times and the history of close when there was little differences between men and women. That some of this hate came out of church from perchers who had know no knolage of the history of Close, look at the pope and preasts,clothing is much like women's close. Very flamboient, girls who act like boys and dress the same are cald tomboys.Boys who play with dolls are cald sisies.Which is very hirtfull degrading .Alen on
    TV doesn't get all drama the like Bruse Geners.Why the gender is such a reason to belittle one more.This needs to be corrected and the unjust biest.We have better values in life. But we lose them when gender is the topic. There is so much to say about this subject. Freedom of chose with out judgement is where we need to be.

Ragnar_Rahl says2014-04-04T04:19:14.857
Nobody cares if you wear high heels. There's no rule against it. Just put on high heels instead of posting about it. Yes, you're girly. Oh well.
jaksunmadness says2014-04-09T10:23:52.190
I guess cowboys are girly then