Should men be allowed to wear leggings in public and at work?

Asked by: comebuild
  • Functional and comfortable

Leggings for guys in sport serve a purpose and are extremely comfortable to wear. I wear sports compression tights which assist my jogging but reducing pain in my shins due to graduated compression. To me they allow me to get on with the activities Im doing. I also wear a longer shirt over the top for dignity too which is more than I can say for some women out there, so there is no reason why anyone has cause for complaint.

• If you look at today's world, sure

Considering girls wear leggings, it would be unfair for guys not to wear leggings. If one were to say that it looks better of girls, does that mean someone who is considered ugly should not wear them? Someone could say that in general girls look better in them and therefore should be allowed to wear them at all. If that is the case, I do not think leggings should be allowed for anyone.
    This question could also get at whether leggings are appropriate at all. If leggings are only for people who look good, they are a type of clothing that is meant for lust. Clothing should be about expressing one's self. If not everyone can wear the particular piece of clothing, no one should be able to.

• Yeah sure why not

Well I think we should first allow women/ girls to wear them at school and stuff first because it was originally designed for them. Anyways, if men feel comfortable enough to wear leggings, then why not! Its just clothing and we shouldn't restrict their choice to wear what they want.

• Leggings is for all to enjoy

If women can wear leggings in public without being shamed on, I don't see the reason why men can't as well. This has to do with sexism. If you don't want sexism in this world, then men can surely wear leggings in public. Leggings are extremely comfortable and women aren't the only ones that can enjoy this level of comfortable outside of their homes. I have seen fat girls wearing leggings and they don't look flattering, but they wear it anyways. Men should be able to do the same.

• Legging are great

I started wearing leggings to the gym after seeing other guys wear them. They are so comfortable and they keep my muscles nice and warm. I wear them with a tank and no shorts just the exposed tights like so many other men are doing. I have been wearing these for about a year and I am seeing more men doing the same. I ordered some very sexy men's leggings from koalaswim.Com and I have had quite a number of compliments, I have now wear them to clubs when going casual.

• Cool looking fad

I have seen many women wearing them in public and also guys wearing them while jogging and thought ide give it a try. I went to the local second hand clothing store and got lucky and found several pairs of black tights. When i first put them on it was quite a feeling. Now when i go out at night to the grocery store i dont wear any panties for fear of panty lines or a long t shirt to try to cover up my backside or my buldge in front. I really dont care if any body notices or not .Sometimes i kinda hope they do i feel you only go around once in life why not enjoy yourself and to hell what anybody thinks right?

• They re sexy and comfortabe

I enjoy wearing them out in public, sometimes i wear them with a short mini skirt and sometimes without i really don,t care what others think. If women can wear them why cant a guy. Talk about your double standard. Im a guy who enjoys this freedom and sometimes i hope people are looking at me

• It ok for men to ware leggings. I do for years since i was 16 yrs old.

As i was 16 my mom put me in her blk leggins as her fushia leotard top as i grow up. I dress in mom blk pantys an bra as her suntan pantyhose fushia top as i love dressing in moms clothing i've even ware her clothing to school. An o was not ashame to wear them.😐❤

Your truly
    George.R. Martinez

Your truly
    George.R. Martinez

• They are great, why not wear them?

Leggings as sports wear has some functions, some functions are for compression leggings. For exemple bloodflow increase and some sort of pain stimulation further more all types of sports leggings has more flexibility, keeping your skin clean from sweat and comfort.

The primary reason is probably flexibility and comfort. Even though leggings were made for girls, it has slowly adapted to the point where everyone can wear them, especially in public. Though for men to wear leggings in public to be fully socially acceptable, it will probably take a while, and maybe it will always be more acceptable for girls than for guys. Either way leggings are comfortable, flexible and all around great, so why can't guys wear them?

• What's next? Skirt, purse and stockings??

Men should look like men. Not like woman or drag queen. It simply looks silly if meggings are not weared only for sport and fitness purpose. In work? Come on! It's inappropriate to be dressed like a woman in other places than a pride parade. Better wear skinny jeans :)

• Is a right

All me should have the right to wear whatever they want if they wanna wear leggings let them if they wanna wear a dress let them wear a dress men should have a freedom it's no fair that girls are allowed wearing boy clothes and boys are not allowed wearing girl clothes there's a tip (FREEDOM)

• Is a right

• Two questions in one

The question is a bit irrelevant (or poorly formulated).
    First off, men ARE allowed to wear leggings in public. If you're fearful of opinions about you've 2 choices: deal with them or put some jeans, LOL.
    Second, when regarding work, you should dress apporpiately simply because when you're at work you represent your firm (or enterprise, or whatever), not yourself.
    When you're yourself (personal life) you can dress as you want, but when you're part of an enterprise, a firm, whatever, you should respect whichever dress code suits the people who pay you.

• Dong Bulge! AHHHH!!!!

No one should be subjected to strolling down the street and catching a glimpse of a dude's cock bulge. It is bad enough catching a camel toe. We as a society really do not need nor desire to catch a dong bulge in a pair of man tights. At least wear a cod piece please.

• Dong Bulge! AHHHH!!!!