Should men be allowed to wear leggings in public and at work?

Asked by: comebuild
  • Functional and comfortable

Leggings for guys in sport serve a purpose and are extremely comfortable to wear. I wear sports compression tights which assist my jogging but reducing pain in my shins due to graduated compression. To me they allow me to get on with the activities Im doing. I also wear a longer shirt over the top for dignity too which is more than I can say for some women out there, so there is no reason why anyone has cause for complaint.

• If you look at today's world, sure

Considering girls wear leggings, it would be unfair for guys not to wear leggings. If one were to say that it looks better of girls, does that mean someone who is considered ugly should not wear them? Someone could say that in general girls look better in them and therefore should be allowed to wear them at all. If that is the case, I do not think leggings should be allowed for anyone.
    This question could also get at whether leggings are appropriate at all. If leggings are only for people who look good, they are a type of clothing that is meant for lust. Clothing should be about expressing one's self. If not everyone can wear the particular piece of clothing, no one should be able to.

• Yeah sure why not

Well I think we should first allow women/ girls to wear them at school and stuff first because it was originally designed for them. Anyways, if men feel comfortable enough to wear leggings, then why not! Its just clothing and we shouldn't restrict their choice to wear what they want.

• Leggings is for all to enjoy

If women can wear leggings in public without being shamed on, I don't see the reason why men can't as well. This has to do with sexism. If you don't want sexism in this world, then men can surely wear leggings in public. Leggings are extremely comfortable and women aren't the only ones that can enjoy this level of comfortable outside of their homes. I have seen fat girls wearing leggings and they don't look flattering, but they wear it anyways. Men should be able to do the same.

• Yes why not

If girls are allowed to wear them boys should to. Most of this comes to sexism girls are allowed to wear boys clothes so why can't boys wear them to this is people thinking you are gay I walk around in them 2/47 the fit they are functional so why not

• Yes why not

• Allowed, yes. (And they already are)

I fully support the idea that men should be "allowed" to wear what they want (just as women should). That does not mean, however, that there are no consequences for those choices. It does not mean that because you "can" wear it, you "should" wear it. It is a fact that people are constantly checking others out. It's not necessarily sexual, but we notice others, and we all pass judgments on everyone we see. We are constantly choosing how we treat others, and a lot depends on the outward appearance - namely, clothing, as it makes the first impression. It would be very difficult for me to take someone seriously if they came in asking for a loan and they were dressed in leggings - man or woman. Even jeans would be suspect in that scenario, much like wearing a full three-piece suit to the beach is odd. You can do it, but it doesn't exactly make much sense. The question is incorrect - it should not be "should men be allowed..." they already are "allowed" - it should be "is it appropriate for men to wear leggings in public?"

• Comfort, functional, why not?

Look, we aren't talking about flower and heart prints here people. Just basic colors, or simple patterns. I wear leggings around the house for doing chores and when relaxing. I also wear leggings for activities like hiking and such. Frequently there are no changing places at the trail heads so I leave the house with leggings on. Sometimes I run a few errands going to/ coming from the trail head. With. Leggings. On. And hiking boots. So what? I'm comfortable! And it doesn't make me any less masculine, and a little modesty goes a long way...

• One of the Most comfortable garmets EVER!

Like most athletic clothing however it is a good idea to be somewhat athletic before you wear in public(i am talking to YOU FAT GIRLS IN BELLY SHIRTS)oh and you guys that are hung up on staring at my junk i am flatered but i dont swing that way, please dont be ashamed of your gay tendacys 😊

• It is "allowed"

Many men do wear them, but mostly they are called "running or cycling or compression tights," since they go from waist to ankle and are spandex you are really talking about the same thing as leggings, I wear all of the above and also leggings, which are generally cheaper and available in endless variety.

• What's next? Skirt, purse and stockings??

Men should look like men. Not like woman or drag queen. It simply looks silly if meggings are not weared only for sport and fitness purpose. In work? Come on! It's inappropriate to be dressed like a woman in other places than a pride parade. Better wear skinny jeans :)

• Is a right

All me should have the right to wear whatever they want if they wanna wear leggings let them if they wanna wear a dress let them wear a dress men should have a freedom it's no fair that girls are allowed wearing boy clothes and boys are not allowed wearing girl clothes there's a tip (FREEDOM)

• Is a right

• Two questions in one

The question is a bit irrelevant (or poorly formulated).
    First off, men ARE allowed to wear leggings in public. If you're fearful of opinions about you've 2 choices: deal with them or put some jeans, LOL.
    Second, when regarding work, you should dress apporpiately simply because when you're at work you represent your firm (or enterprise, or whatever), not yourself.
    When you're yourself (personal life) you can dress as you want, but when you're part of an enterprise, a firm, whatever, you should respect whichever dress code suits the people who pay you.

• Yes why not

• Because it is pathetic

No, for the same reason that women shouldn't wear leggings in public unless they are on their way to a workout at the gym, because it looks like you've given up on life and don't care how you look, or what anybody thinks about you. Nothing says "I just rolled out of bed and don't give a *&^%" more than leggings, except maybe having bed head and smelling like Friday night at a bar. Leggings are the sweatpants of the new generation, the same as sweatpants, knee high stripped socks, dirty tennis shoes, and t-shirts were decades ago. Leggings say I just don't give a single *&^% about myself, you, or anybody else, because it's my right to wear the same stupid lazy crap as the rest of the Walmart crowd.

• Dong Bulge! AHHHH!!!!

No one should be subjected to strolling down the street and catching a glimpse of a dude's cock bulge. It is bad enough catching a camel toe. We as a society really do not need nor desire to catch a dong bulge in a pair of man tights. At least wear a cod piece please.

• Dong Bulge! AHHHH!!!!

kflanagan84 says2017-08-04T15:41:42.033
I have worn underarmor, Nike, and a few other brands of men's leggings and I like them. They are comfortable and keep you warm in the winter. Wear whatever is comfortable.