Should men be allowed to wear leggings in public and at work?

Asked by: comebuild
  • Functional and comfortable

Leggings for guys in sport serve a purpose and are extremely comfortable to wear. I wear sports compression tights which assist my jogging but reducing pain in my shins due to graduated compression. To me they allow me to get on with the activities Im doing. I also wear a longer shirt over the top for dignity too which is more than I can say for some women out there, so there is no reason why anyone has cause for complaint.

• If you look at today's world, sure

Considering girls wear leggings, it would be unfair for guys not to wear leggings. If one were to say that it looks better of girls, does that mean someone who is considered ugly should not wear them? Someone could say that in general girls look better in them and therefore should be allowed to wear them at all. If that is the case, I do not think leggings should be allowed for anyone.
    This question could also get at whether leggings are appropriate at all. If leggings are only for people who look good, they are a type of clothing that is meant for lust. Clothing should be about expressing one's self. If not everyone can wear the particular piece of clothing, no one should be able to.

• Yeah sure why not

Well I think we should first allow women/ girls to wear them at school and stuff first because it was originally designed for them. Anyways, if men feel comfortable enough to wear leggings, then why not! Its just clothing and we shouldn't restrict their choice to wear what they want.

• Leggings is for all to enjoy

If women can wear leggings in public without being shamed on, I don't see the reason why men can't as well. This has to do with sexism. If you don't want sexism in this world, then men can surely wear leggings in public. Leggings are extremely comfortable and women aren't the only ones that can enjoy this level of comfortable outside of their homes. I have seen fat girls wearing leggings and they don't look flattering, but they wear it anyways. Men should be able to do the same.

• If feels comfortable and looks good.

I wear them at my ranch all the time. I especially like the camo ones when horse back riding. Sure you might be able to see a guy's anatomy, but why is someone looking there anyway? And as adults, don't we all know how anatomy works? They're comfortable and that's what matters right? I'm sure all the na sayers also say women can't wear bikinis in public because we can see your anatomy. Then again I live in Colorado and a thousands of bike riders in spandex go by my ranch every weekend. No one is sniveling about them riding in the spandex kits. Relax people, take a deep breath and go put on some spandex.

• Love Leggings wear them daily at home and out at times

I started wearing leggings when I was in high school mountain biking, and loved them very much at that time. There is no doubt that I was stereotyped and called names and shamed for doing so. I have followed this trend for twenty years and even though I knew the benefit of leggings and understood that its about what "I" feel like wearing I was shamed out of wearing them as much in public when I was younger.

Now I have a nice quite substantial assortment of lululemon leggings as I find them to fit incredibly well.

I am an enormous fan of women in leggings and cannot deny that a woman in a t or oversized sweat shirt and leggings is my kryptonite. On a purely sexist level they look great on women and support them wearing leggings. Now I completely understand that while it is not totally acceptable for men in public to wear leggings it is more acceptable then when I was in high school, and I love wearing them cause first and foremost they are freaking out of this world comfy, easy to wear and mostly warm. The convenience alone makes it worth the time. However we still live in a world where I will get assaulted at the 7/11 and called out in homophobic gestures cause somehow people's ignorance tend to associate leggings with gayness. I am complete heterosexual male and love gay guys, but me wearing leggings is not about a sexual desire or statement. So you can imagine the ignorance of people when their bar is so low that they have to associate leggings in a sexual accordance. It is daunting to realize that so much of our population is full of that much hatred and judgement.

I think leggings are great and I certainly wish I could wear them to work, and everywhere cause I would. However, I am not about to challenge my life to some narrow minded individuals that are motivated to hurt someone cause their clothing attire.

I certainly am not going to go after the guys with pants hanging down at their knees, untucked, sloppy, unkempt, and frankly lazy. But that's the beauty of having an open mind let people be whom they want to be without imposing my moral code upon them ..

Live free in leggings

• Yes I'm a Male and I like Tights, Meggings, Skinny Underpants.

Why not? They are comfortable. They are at least good for at home. For hassle free Wearing something around your Legs. All intense full Colors (no pastel please). In Summer, they keep cool, in Winter there are actually tight Underpants made of Fleece which keep warm. And you can also wear them in Bed. No flappy Pants. No Fuss with Ironing btw. Tights are NOT to be ironed.
    The only Restriction I make for male Tights: Please take always "100den" / no See-through (so please no Transparency...This is actually and really something for beautiful Women's Legs on-the-Show with no Hair to accentuate it).

• Anyone who is "exposing themselves " when in leggings are just doing it wrong.

I am coming from a different backgrounds than most when it comes to this subject. As someone who has dressed up in historical costume for reenactment I will just say that men have been wearing tights much longer than pants and longer than women have.
    Tight undies are a must.

• Yes I'm an men and I wear leggings

Yes I am a man and I wear leggings all the time If a woman can wear leggings in public places men should be able to wear them in public to I am a man and I wear leggings in public places all the time I wear woman shoes to I wear high heels with my leggings I wear woman flats shoes to. I work out in leggings

• Yes Yes and Yes!!!

Guy’s all of our lives women have always had control over what we do and that has to stop. I recently had an operation and instead of going on medication due to blood clot and leg weakness my only other option was to wear some sort of compression pants. Oh I am a straight guy married and happy anyway I decided to give the pants/leggings a try and I was amazed on how comfortable they are. No I don’t wear anything under or over them and frankly I don’t care what people think fact is just about everyone I talk to is friendly and I really think it’s because I am comfortable. I don’t walk around exposing myself but if anyone cares to look yes you’re going to see a clear outline of my manhood just like if I look at a women hard enough I will see her ass and breast and also see nipples so I say WTF.
    After reading all of the negative post on other sites I just want to get as many guy’s together wearing leggings and parade in front of the world. People have no right to judge anyone both men and women it’s just wrong. Think about this women wear business suits, button down shirts, jeans, work boots and a lot more WTF why the hell can’t a guy also be comfortable? I would have never known about this if I didn’t have an operation I will keep wearing these where and when I want at first my wife didn’t approve so I told her to bad as I am not going to be in pain just because someone doesn’t like me wearing these. Not only do they feel great they also look great why in the hell should I or anyone go through life either unhappy or in pain. Guy’s go out and wear them F**K everyone it’s your life and we only get one so enjoy it.

• What's next? Skirt, purse and stockings??

Men should look like men. Not like woman or drag queen. It simply looks silly if meggings are not weared only for sport and fitness purpose. In work? Come on! It's inappropriate to be dressed like a woman in other places than a pride parade. Better wear skinny jeans :)

• Is a right

All me should have the right to wear whatever they want if they wanna wear leggings let them if they wanna wear a dress let them wear a dress men should have a freedom it's no fair that girls are allowed wearing boy clothes and boys are not allowed wearing girl clothes there's a tip (FREEDOM)

• Is a right

• Two questions in one

The question is a bit irrelevant (or poorly formulated).
    First off, men ARE allowed to wear leggings in public. If you're fearful of opinions about you've 2 choices: deal with them or put some jeans, LOL.
    Second, when regarding work, you should dress apporpiately simply because when you're at work you represent your firm (or enterprise, or whatever), not yourself.
    When you're yourself (personal life) you can dress as you want, but when you're part of an enterprise, a firm, whatever, you should respect whichever dress code suits the people who pay you.

• Dong Bulge! AHHHH!!!!

No one should be subjected to strolling down the street and catching a glimpse of a dude's cock bulge. It is bad enough catching a camel toe. We as a society really do not need nor desire to catch a dong bulge in a pair of man tights. At least wear a cod piece please.

• Dong Bulge! AHHHH!!!!