Should men be allowed to wear leggings in public and at work?

Asked by: comebuild
  • Functional and comfortable

Leggings for guys in sport serve a purpose and are extremely comfortable to wear. I wear sports compression tights which assist my jogging but reducing pain in my shins due to graduated compression. To me they allow me to get on with the activities Im doing. I also wear a longer shirt over the top for dignity too which is more than I can say for some women out there, so there is no reason why anyone has cause for complaint.

• If you look at today's world, sure

Considering girls wear leggings, it would be unfair for guys not to wear leggings. If one were to say that it looks better of girls, does that mean someone who is considered ugly should not wear them? Someone could say that in general girls look better in them and therefore should be allowed to wear them at all. If that is the case, I do not think leggings should be allowed for anyone.
    This question could also get at whether leggings are appropriate at all. If leggings are only for people who look good, they are a type of clothing that is meant for lust. Clothing should be about expressing one's self. If not everyone can wear the particular piece of clothing, no one should be able to.

• Yeah sure why not

Well I think we should first allow women/ girls to wear them at school and stuff first because it was originally designed for them. Anyways, if men feel comfortable enough to wear leggings, then why not! Its just clothing and we shouldn't restrict their choice to wear what they want.

• Leggings is for all to enjoy

If women can wear leggings in public without being shamed on, I don't see the reason why men can't as well. This has to do with sexism. If you don't want sexism in this world, then men can surely wear leggings in public. Leggings are extremely comfortable and women aren't the only ones that can enjoy this level of comfortable outside of their homes. I have seen fat girls wearing leggings and they don't look flattering, but they wear it anyways. Men should be able to do the same.

• Get a life guys. It is only fabric to keep you covered and comfortable. Experiment.

Wear what you like, don't let stupid conventions get in the way of expressing your personality or tastes. Real men don't give a damn what others think. Enjoy yourselves, get away from the dark and into the light - women have been enjoying this freedom of choice for hundreds of years. Think Batman, Superman ( a great exponent of womens panties ), rock climbers, scuba divers, cyclists, racing drivers et al, who all wear tights of one sort or another, but are still blokes!
    And, don't get me started on bright colours or attractive materials. Anything is better than the sad guys trying to look tough in baggy camo. Remember, the ladies love well dressed and adventurous men, a bit of style could change your life.

• Leggings wearing for Men

I recall wearing spandex to school but nothing was said to me and it was in the dress code that spandex i was not to wear in school hours for P.E it was fine to wear but today if i was to wear Leggings to school I would never hear the end of it in that Lady's get this done to them in school every day in that i do not agree with the school i think some teachers are sick in their minds but they use the Dress Code to cover up their own Lust but hey if you have the body to wear Leggings Go for it

• People should be able to wear whatever they want.

It’s no fair that girls and women can wear whatever they want and not get ridiculed, but if boys or men wear a skirt or any “girl” related clothes, they get judged. It’s no fair. Boys and men should be able to wear whatever they want, just like girls and women can. Fight the power.

• If women can wear leggings, it's sexist to not allow men to wear them as well

Most people agree that women should be able to wear leggings as pants. Under this assumption, what makes any difference with guys? In fact, historically, leggings were mens' wear. The only real argument I can see against men wearing leggings is the physical restriction of a bulge. Even then, is is this any different than women wearing tight-fitting tops?

• Men should be able to wear them

Men are scrutinized for wearing anything out of the “ norm”. Men have to wear swimwear that goes over their knees. We need to remember how women have fought to wear what they want to and be proud. Women that have ever hated that they were looked at for what they wore should be the first people in line to support men for wearing what they like. For the record I love and wear leggings. I also wear thong swimwear and love them also. Men we need to be proud of who we are too. If you don’t want to wear them, don’t. Leave the other guy to make up his own mind. If it offends you, look the other way.

• Men absolutely should be able.

Men get scrutinized on everything it seems. If they don’t wear swimsuits that cover past their knees, leggings. It’s sad. Women have fought to wear what they want. If someone were to say anything to them, they are trying to repress their rights. So men should wear what they want. Women that feel like they have been judged for a clothing option should support men with their choices. For the record I wear leggings and love them. I also wear thong swimwear and love them also.

• What's next? Skirt, purse and stockings??

Men should look like men. Not like woman or drag queen. It simply looks silly if meggings are not weared only for sport and fitness purpose. In work? Come on! It's inappropriate to be dressed like a woman in other places than a pride parade. Better wear skinny jeans :)

• Is a right

All me should have the right to wear whatever they want if they wanna wear leggings let them if they wanna wear a dress let them wear a dress men should have a freedom it's no fair that girls are allowed wearing boy clothes and boys are not allowed wearing girl clothes there's a tip (FREEDOM)

• Is a right

• Two questions in one

The question is a bit irrelevant (or poorly formulated).
    First off, men ARE allowed to wear leggings in public. If you're fearful of opinions about you've 2 choices: deal with them or put some jeans, LOL.
    Second, when regarding work, you should dress apporpiately simply because when you're at work you represent your firm (or enterprise, or whatever), not yourself.
    When you're yourself (personal life) you can dress as you want, but when you're part of an enterprise, a firm, whatever, you should respect whichever dress code suits the people who pay you.

• Because it is pathetic

No, for the same reason that women shouldn't wear leggings in public unless they are on their way to a workout at the gym, because it looks like you've given up on life and don't care how you look, or what anybody thinks about you. Nothing says "I just rolled out of bed and don't give a *&^%" more than leggings, except maybe having bed head and smelling like Friday night at a bar. Leggings are the sweatpants of the new generation, the same as sweatpants, knee high stripped socks, dirty tennis shoes, and t-shirts were decades ago. Leggings say I just don't give a single *&^% about myself, you, or anybody else, because it's my right to wear the same stupid lazy crap as the rest of the Walmart crowd.

• Dong Bulge! AHHHH!!!!

No one should be subjected to strolling down the street and catching a glimpse of a dude's cock bulge. It is bad enough catching a camel toe. We as a society really do not need nor desire to catch a dong bulge in a pair of man tights. At least wear a cod piece please.

• Dong Bulge! AHHHH!!!!

kflanagan84 says2017-08-04T15:41:42.033
I have worn underarmor, Nike, and a few other brands of men's leggings and I like them. They are comfortable and keep you warm in the winter. Wear whatever is comfortable.