Should men be allowed to wear leggings in public and at work?

Asked by: comebuild
  • Functional and comfortable

Leggings for guys in sport serve a purpose and are extremely comfortable to wear. I wear sports compression tights which assist my jogging but reducing pain in my shins due to graduated compression. To me they allow me to get on with the activities Im doing. I also wear a longer shirt over the top for dignity too which is more than I can say for some women out there, so there is no reason why anyone has cause for complaint.

• If you look at today's world, sure

Considering girls wear leggings, it would be unfair for guys not to wear leggings. If one were to say that it looks better of girls, does that mean someone who is considered ugly should not wear them? Someone could say that in general girls look better in them and therefore should be allowed to wear them at all. If that is the case, I do not think leggings should be allowed for anyone.
    This question could also get at whether leggings are appropriate at all. If leggings are only for people who look good, they are a type of clothing that is meant for lust. Clothing should be about expressing one's self. If not everyone can wear the particular piece of clothing, no one should be able to.

• Yeah sure why not

Well I think we should first allow women/ girls to wear them at school and stuff first because it was originally designed for them. Anyways, if men feel comfortable enough to wear leggings, then why not! Its just clothing and we shouldn't restrict their choice to wear what they want.

• Leggings is for all to enjoy

If women can wear leggings in public without being shamed on, I don't see the reason why men can't as well. This has to do with sexism. If you don't want sexism in this world, then men can surely wear leggings in public. Leggings are extremely comfortable and women aren't the only ones that can enjoy this level of comfortable outside of their homes. I have seen fat girls wearing leggings and they don't look flattering, but they wear it anyways. Men should be able to do the same.

• It is "allowed"

Many men do wear them, but mostly they are called "running or cycling or compression tights," since they go from waist to ankle and are spandex you are really talking about the same thing as leggings, I wear all of the above and also leggings, which are generally cheaper and available in endless variety.

• What's the big deal?

Your problem with me is your problem. I love my leggings. No flowers, feminine colors, designs, lace, or embelliments; not that there's anything wrong with that it's just not my thing. Just plain waist to top of foot leggings. They feel like I'm wearing nothing. Everything is covered that society and law say needs to be covered. If ur staring st my crotch then that's your personal issue: not mine. They're not always practical. As men we're still expected to get down & dirty sometimes. I just don't care what people think of me for the mist part. People will always assume and think the worst about another person because it makes them feel better about themselves.

• It is normal

I dont get why men cant wear leggings! I love wearing them i love how they fit and how they look. I have no reason to be ashamed for my bodyparts damn... Look how some woman show their boobs off... For some reason some people dont agree with it :(

• It is normal

• Doesn’t hurt anyone

I’m a guy and have always been athletic. I used to wear running tights when I ran or in-line skating. Now that I don’t do either I still like the feeling and comfort of leggings. Yes, I do buy women’s. I’ve got several women friends who like them on me. I only wear them to work on weekends when the dress code isn’t in effect. They are comfortable and warm. There are plenty of women that don’t look great in them but that doesn’t stop them. I say go for it and wear them. If more guys wore them then we wouldn’t be asking this question.

• Warm during outdoor activities

Weather you work or play outdoors or both leggings are warm and comfortable. I have worn them while shoveling the driveway, ice fishing, hunting and even while kayaking. If you dont want to wear them then dont. You dont have to buy them in " GIRLY COLORS" if thats what holds you back get ya black ones. Just as good as other legging type wick king layers just a lot less.

• What's next? Skirt, purse and stockings??

Men should look like men. Not like woman or drag queen. It simply looks silly if meggings are not weared only for sport and fitness purpose. In work? Come on! It's inappropriate to be dressed like a woman in other places than a pride parade. Better wear skinny jeans :)

• Is a right

All me should have the right to wear whatever they want if they wanna wear leggings let them if they wanna wear a dress let them wear a dress men should have a freedom it's no fair that girls are allowed wearing boy clothes and boys are not allowed wearing girl clothes there's a tip (FREEDOM)

• Is a right

• Two questions in one

The question is a bit irrelevant (or poorly formulated).
    First off, men ARE allowed to wear leggings in public. If you're fearful of opinions about you've 2 choices: deal with them or put some jeans, LOL.
    Second, when regarding work, you should dress apporpiately simply because when you're at work you represent your firm (or enterprise, or whatever), not yourself.
    When you're yourself (personal life) you can dress as you want, but when you're part of an enterprise, a firm, whatever, you should respect whichever dress code suits the people who pay you.

• Because it is pathetic

No, for the same reason that women shouldn't wear leggings in public unless they are on their way to a workout at the gym, because it looks like you've given up on life and don't care how you look, or what anybody thinks about you. Nothing says "I just rolled out of bed and don't give a *&^%" more than leggings, except maybe having bed head and smelling like Friday night at a bar. Leggings are the sweatpants of the new generation, the same as sweatpants, knee high stripped socks, dirty tennis shoes, and t-shirts were decades ago. Leggings say I just don't give a single *&^% about myself, you, or anybody else, because it's my right to wear the same stupid lazy crap as the rest of the Walmart crowd.

• Dong Bulge! AHHHH!!!!

No one should be subjected to strolling down the street and catching a glimpse of a dude's cock bulge. It is bad enough catching a camel toe. We as a society really do not need nor desire to catch a dong bulge in a pair of man tights. At least wear a cod piece please.

• Dong Bulge! AHHHH!!!!

kflanagan84 says2017-08-04T15:41:42.033
I have worn underarmor, Nike, and a few other brands of men's leggings and I like them. They are comfortable and keep you warm in the winter. Wear whatever is comfortable.