Should men be allowed to wear leggings in public and at work?

Asked by: comebuild
  • Functional and comfortable

Leggings for guys in sport serve a purpose and are extremely comfortable to wear. I wear sports compression tights which assist my jogging but reducing pain in my shins due to graduated compression. To me they allow me to get on with the activities Im doing. I also wear a longer shirt over the top for dignity too which is more than I can say for some women out there, so there is no reason why anyone has cause for complaint.

• If you look at today's world, sure

Considering girls wear leggings, it would be unfair for guys not to wear leggings. If one were to say that it looks better of girls, does that mean someone who is considered ugly should not wear them? Someone could say that in general girls look better in them and therefore should be allowed to wear them at all. If that is the case, I do not think leggings should be allowed for anyone.
    This question could also get at whether leggings are appropriate at all. If leggings are only for people who look good, they are a type of clothing that is meant for lust. Clothing should be about expressing one's self. If not everyone can wear the particular piece of clothing, no one should be able to.

• Yeah sure why not

Well I think we should first allow women/ girls to wear them at school and stuff first because it was originally designed for them. Anyways, if men feel comfortable enough to wear leggings, then why not! Its just clothing and we shouldn't restrict their choice to wear what they want.

• Leggings is for all to enjoy

If women can wear leggings in public without being shamed on, I don't see the reason why men can't as well. This has to do with sexism. If you don't want sexism in this world, then men can surely wear leggings in public. Leggings are extremely comfortable and women aren't the only ones that can enjoy this level of comfortable outside of their homes. I have seen fat girls wearing leggings and they don't look flattering, but they wear it anyways. Men should be able to do the same.

• If you like it, wear them!

If people give you weird looks, just ignore them. If Leggings make you comfortable. Wear them! People are just so judgemental these days and are so up to the new styles of clothes and just because it's a social norm only girls can wear leggings, why can't men? Dress codes are kind of sexist these days anyways!

• He'll yes,show your bulge men

Women can wear them everywhere,why not men! Women wear them to show off their plump ass,tight thighs and camel toe,why should guys not show off their assets! We want people to look at us also.We have figures too
    .We want to show off our tights and our bodies,we worked hard at it just like women.. Oh he must be gay he's wearing tights , well at least it gives people something to talk about guessing on someone sexualality. KEEP questing people I wear tights every morning in public , been laugh at and complimented also. Just be your self that's what counts,being able to live in your own skin,,

• Yes sports men leggings should be worn

I feel some woman show parts that should not be shown and some men like it(myself) and some dont. Some men like men leggings(myself) and some woman love it(print & nice legs) and some dont. SEE MY PICTURE IM PAINTING. I feel shorts should be Optional. Be comfortable in your life

• Fashion police and the problems I face

Why can't men wear leggings I like them and wear them all the time and never give a second thought about anyone around me either way if more people were interested in driving then me and my leggings it would be a lot fewer wrecks America has a lot of busy bodies and I wear them to work no one says a word

• Leggings are fine to wear for both Men AND Women

As someone who sells leggings to men and women around the globe at UnJeans.Com - I know people are wearing and enjoying them.

It's time to get over the body image constraints and go for the comfort. Just wear them. Leggings are perfect casual wear for women AND men. Everyone looks good in leggings and some people look great! Humans come in all shapes, sizes and permutations. We should all rejoice in that fact and champion everyone for who they are. Let's all be more "Human-Positive", wear your leggings today!

• Comfortable... So why not?

If you choose good quality, wonderfully soft material, why not? Should we in this day and age be accepting and indifferent to the choices of others (Lawfully)?
    I enjoy wearing sports leggings to the gym. At home in private, normal comfortable black leggings. I know if i were to go out and throw on my favorite blue shirt and trainers i would feel comfortable irrespective of what anyone thought. I don't because now is not the time, it's not yet sociable accepted... It bloody well should be!

• What's next? Skirt, purse and stockings??

Men should look like men. Not like woman or drag queen. It simply looks silly if meggings are not weared only for sport and fitness purpose. In work? Come on! It's inappropriate to be dressed like a woman in other places than a pride parade. Better wear skinny jeans :)

• Is a right

All me should have the right to wear whatever they want if they wanna wear leggings let them if they wanna wear a dress let them wear a dress men should have a freedom it's no fair that girls are allowed wearing boy clothes and boys are not allowed wearing girl clothes there's a tip (FREEDOM)

• Is a right

• Two questions in one

The question is a bit irrelevant (or poorly formulated).
    First off, men ARE allowed to wear leggings in public. If you're fearful of opinions about you've 2 choices: deal with them or put some jeans, LOL.
    Second, when regarding work, you should dress apporpiately simply because when you're at work you represent your firm (or enterprise, or whatever), not yourself.
    When you're yourself (personal life) you can dress as you want, but when you're part of an enterprise, a firm, whatever, you should respect whichever dress code suits the people who pay you.

• Because it is pathetic

No, for the same reason that women shouldn't wear leggings in public unless they are on their way to a workout at the gym, because it looks like you've given up on life and don't care how you look, or what anybody thinks about you. Nothing says "I just rolled out of bed and don't give a *&^%" more than leggings, except maybe having bed head and smelling like Friday night at a bar. Leggings are the sweatpants of the new generation, the same as sweatpants, knee high stripped socks, dirty tennis shoes, and t-shirts were decades ago. Leggings say I just don't give a single *&^% about myself, you, or anybody else, because it's my right to wear the same stupid lazy crap as the rest of the Walmart crowd.

• Dong Bulge! AHHHH!!!!

No one should be subjected to strolling down the street and catching a glimpse of a dude's cock bulge. It is bad enough catching a camel toe. We as a society really do not need nor desire to catch a dong bulge in a pair of man tights. At least wear a cod piece please.

• Dong Bulge! AHHHH!!!!

kflanagan84 says2017-08-04T15:41:42.033
I have worn underarmor, Nike, and a few other brands of men's leggings and I like them. They are comfortable and keep you warm in the winter. Wear whatever is comfortable.