• We're not just gonna get beat up and do nothing in return!

If you want to hit us, expect the same to happen to you!
    THIS IS EQUALITY, THIS IS 'MURICA
    We have freedom! We have rights!
    We shouldn't get beat up and not do anything! That is completely and utterly unfair! This is merely self defence ! I'm not being a meninist but this is a true fact!

• People frown on hitting women because they believe women are weaker

The only reason people would frown on men hitting a woman back is because they are demonstrating sexism in their belief that women are weaker. News flash: some women are stronger than some men. Some women who are physically weaker still assault men because they believe they won't hit back. I don't believe in violence and I wouldn't strike a man or woman first. But trust me, if any woman starts to physically attack me or someone I love, I will treat her the same as I would any man!

• Men should be able to HIT WOMEN BACK.

I say yes, men should hit women back, because women were the ones who fought for equal rights to begin with. Not just "Women get everything they want because they're 'women'". People say women are the weaker sex, and can't do as much damage as men. But I disagree. I saw a women KNOCK OUT football player and broke his nose. For that reason.

• If she try's to fight like a man, expect to be fought like a man

If a woman starts a fight with a man, kicking and throwing punches and expects no reaction, then she is a stupid woman, if they are choosing to fight a man expect to be fought back like a man. Are we living in a world in which one gender can beat another without any consequence? If a man were to start a fight on a woman and that woman was to fight back no one would condem it, so why is it condemned the other way round? These double standards only further inequality. Men should have the right to defend themselves however means necessary against a female aggressor just as he would with a male, and visa versa.

• It's only fair

If a man were to hit a woman, a woman has all the right to hit the man back. If this is the case, then why should men not be allowed to retaliate if abused or assaulted by a female? If society is to be equal, then women should have the same rights as men, and men the same rights as women.

• You want equality? You get what you give.

If some girl comes at you and spits in your face, slaps you, pushes you, tries to degrade you, she has it coming. This idea that a man cannot hit a woman stems from the idea that a woman would not hit a man in the first place. It comes from the assumption that she's done nothing that could be considered an appropriate level of provocation to merit such an act. It comes from the idea that a woman is defenseless, that she's not instigating retribution.
    Men hitting women is a terrible thing, when it comes to abuse. A man hitting a woman because his dinner is overcooked is abuse. A man hitting a woman because she's slapped him for cheating on her is abuse. A man hitting a woman because of anything apart from her hitting him (multiple times, or with enough motivation to be trying to do damage) is abuse. A man hitting a woman because she kicked him in the balls, spit in his face, and backhanded him... That's self defense.
    A woman should not assume that because she is a woman, that she's impervious to retribution. You come at me with a hate of men and a fistful of spite, and you will be receiving the same kind of attention.
    Equality means expecting the same response as you give. If that means physical contact, so be it.

• Yes especially in repeated cases!

In an environment that you can distance yourself from leaving a conflict situation is the right thing to do in most cases but as with bullies if you get into a situation where the assault is reoccurring you probably have to fight back at some point to set boundaries, otherwise it will just get worse. This has nothing to do with gender. Regarding the argument of difference in physical strength it is not only morally wrong but additionally also just plain stupid to attack somebody that is going to be able to overwhelm you easily.
    If strength really was what this was about the argument would be not
    to hit back against someone that is weaker than you, witch is still debatable in the situation mentioned above since consequences like that teach people not to overstep your boundaries and trample your dignity.

• Ok if you support 'equality'!

I was always taught as a child to never hurt anyone unless it was for defence. I still believe that. If a woman is hitting a man, the man should be able to protect himself by slapping her back (with equal force of course!). It is not a crime to defend yourself, that's reserved for unprovoked violence!

• Emotionless? Robots? Equality?

Hit woman back. Let her cool down if she's angry? Oh, so we're emotionless then? If she goes by the policy of let it all out, then men have the right to do it too. "Oh he's the man, I'll let it all out and he'll hug me better" No. You think we don't want that? Ofc we do. But it's wrong. A man shouldn't hit back a woman in these cases: If she was sexually abused, aimed on by a weapon, or got hit in the first place or very rare cases. A woman SHOULDN'T hit a man in the first place. "A man isn't a man if he hits a woman" Oh really? A woman isn't a woman if she hits a man then, logically making the man that hits the woman still a man. But hey, I'm not just throwing things, I'm using your logic. Anyway, equality, take it or leave it.

• Feminism Started This

I was raised to always be respectful and to not hit women by my parents. My whole life I never did. But the more I grew up and noticed things, I saw that women were elevated just because they were women and men are being suppressed for being men. Women can do no wrong in this society, and men are always wrong. I'm not saying women should be hit just because. But to say women never put men in confrontational positions is just ridiculous. Women, despite small stature can still hurt men physically. As a man, if a woman is attacking me or threatening me, I will hit her. And all these people on the opposite side saying you can NEVER hit a woman, are either feminazis or men who are being dominated by the women in their life. In certain circumstances, it's fine to hit a woman.

• Man who hits the woman in any cases ,is not a man . He is just week gander , and moreover not a gentleman

All men on the YES side need to go to syco house to get cure of been afraid of woman and learn how to respect and avoid an argument with one . Just walk away or try to be nice and give a compliments and woman will change her anger to a kindness at the same second , educate your self of women rase . After all you may move your self on the NO side ,good luck, gentlemen-less people on the YES

• Women Are More Emotional And Have Reasons To Hit Men

Women go through this thing called a period and sometimes are more emotional and hit someone if over emotional. A guy should talk it out with her not hit her. WHAT THE HECK. I understand that the reflex tell the men to but don't hit a woman. Be a gentleman. How hard is it.

• We are not an ignorant, brutal species anymore.

Firstly, Most of us seem to agree that violence in the first place is wrong. Nobody should hit each other unless there is some serious provocation/loss of control or it is in the pursuit of self defense. Assuming the person is not acting within the above boundaries, the person who instigates the violence is instantly at fault and the best thing someone can do (regardless of gender) is diffuse the situation. That may be walking/running away or restraining them. Now men and women should be equal, but everybody confuses what feminists etc want. I believe women possess equal intelligence and mental capacity as men, this is why they are treated equally in everyday life and in the workplace. However physically, women are not equal, and because physicality has little relevance in life these days apart from sport etc we (as men) should respect our physical advantage and use it to good use. We are not stupid now, we used to be animals who used our force to our advantage but we are past that now. If you are a man, you need to respect that you have power over animals, children, but also women. The only time I would condone hitting back is when the women is perhaps the same (if not more) strength as you and/or possesses a weapon. Otherwise think to yourself, what are you really achieving by hitting them back if its not in self-defense? You are simply exerting your anger on the fact that they are hitting you, and due to the advantage you have, this is morally broken. Take the moral high ground, evolve as a human and avoid conflict when possible. Trust me, I used to hit back, but you don't feel nice afterwards, you feel cheap and sick to the stomach and reflecting on the situation you realize you could of handled the scenario a lot better.

• A lot of little boys on this thread.

NO men should NOT hit women back. Men are much more physically stronger than women. If she hits you, walk away!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, a girl can slap you and it will sting. But slap a woman, and it will sting, hurt, and be bruised!

Grow some bigger ballllssss. And I pity your mother for the way she raised you

• 99% of the time a man should never hit women

Unless the women has a weapon or is going to kill him or multiple women attack the guy, it's not okay. No one should hit anyone, but men are stronger then women and shouldn't hit them back. A women can't slap or punch a man as hard, so men shouldn't do it. Boyfriends/husband should their strength to protect their women not abuse them.

• Only if she's dangerous.

If she slaps you, get over it. If she tries to inflict serious injury, or comes at you with a weapon, or she is bigger/stronger than you, or there are multiple females, then you should defend yourself. Hitting her back, even lightly, can cause serious damage due to men being so much stronger than women.

Posted by: APB
  • Don't touch a women if you are a man!!!!!Point blank period there is no excuse

I don't care if a women hits a man that does not man hit them back..I doubt that a female would hit a man just to hit them or abuse them. If a female hit you just restrain them by holding them its that simple you don't have to slap or fight them back your stronger than them think about the charges and time you will face over that.....

• Not at all.

I think that as a man, you would really have to be mentally ill or crazy to ever raise your arm and hit a woman. There really is nothing to be gained by doing so, and everything to be lost. You get in a lot of trouble for doing such things.

• Men should not hit women.

In no case should one person hit another, but this is true even more so in the case of women, who in the current social paradigm are still consider weaker than men. Despite talks of gender equality in the United States men are typically stronger than women making it possible to cause injury more easily.

• Men are stronger

Most men can restrain a woman and protect himself easily if needed. A slap from a woman may turn a mans face red for a small amount of time. If a Man hits a Woman he leaves a black eye are can even knock them out. That is like hitting an animal or child that has hurt you, would you beat them back? If you're decent, I hope not.