• It is awesome.

I have been shaving my armpits for 5 years now. I like it better and it feels better. I also noticed I do not smell as much. My wife seems to enjoy it as well. I think everyone should do what they are comfortable with, but I just think a shaven armpit looks better on a male or female. What is the hair really there for anyway?

• Yes, Men Should Shave Their Armpits

It would look a little odd for a man in our society (U.S.) to shave his armpits, but he should be able to do so if he wants to. For one thing, if a man shaved his armpits it would cut down on that "hard working man" smell that some guys can have. Also, it might look a little neater for a man to not have loads of visible underarm hair. It might take a while for us to get used to, but men should definitely shave their armpits whenever they want. Personal choice should always trump someone else's idea of masculinity.

• yes

A men should be able to shave his armpits if he pleases. pubic hair on armpits can sometimes be uncomfortable, and it doesn't affect men at all to have our armpits shaved. Plus i think lady's like hairless armpits any day over armpits full of sweaty hair. Men are free to shave their armpits.

• Shave those pits men!!!

I may be only 14 years old but i started getting under arm hair early last year. At first i didnt really mind it, however now i just think that its gross and it feels much much better to have that clean shave. I dont think that ut will affect mascunality at all. I think that just having that crisp and clean look is very good compaired to a jungle in your pits. Plus it doesnt give off that gross "man" odder or musty odder. Plus it may be better for hygenie. And girls like a shaved man/boy/teenager better anyhow so yea

• It's more hygienic.

Men should be able to groom how they want without censorship. If they prefer to remove hair, which is more hygienic, then they should be able to without their masculinity being questioned. Some people prefer the look of it and some the feel of it and why should anyone actually care how people feel comfortable grooming themselves?

• Yes! Feels a lot nicer

More hygienic and looks a lot nicer than the ones who don't. Because who wants to see someone's armpit hair and pieces of deodorant stuck in there... Yuck. I think that it's the same as when you look at a girl and she has armpit hair..So please shave your armpits

• It's just gross.

This is coming from a girl, just so you know. Me and a lot of my friends just truly find armpir hair gross. Girls DEFINITELY perfer someone who is clean and trim over someone who thinks that masculinity means you can't care about hygene. Trust me, girls think it's gross.

• It looks, feels, and smells so much better!

Oh my gosh there are so many arguments I could give for this. I will give these 1) Armpit hair is disgusting. It's a big bush of gross stuff! You really don't need it. There's no point of it being there. Just get rid of it! People, both men and women, tend to feel so much more attractive without it. 2) There is nothing unmanly about removing armpit hair. In this day and age, it doesn't really matter if men keep or remove their armpit hair. Sorry girls, but you could never get away with choosing what to do with your armpit hair! You have to get rid of it ;) But it's perfectly acceptable either way for a man to have hairy or hairless pits. There are a few people out there that might be like "that's gay and feminine" or something but really who the hell cares what they think? They are ignorant and clearly homophobic... Plus there's nothing wrong with getting rid of armpit hair. Lots of straight guys do it! It's not a masculine or feminine thing- it's just an aesthetic preference. Some peeps like it, some don't. Your choice!
    3) There's nothing "little boyish" about the way shaved armpits look. If you are an adult or teenager who has hit puberty, you have other manly features that set you apart from little boys. Armpit hair is not manly. Girls have it too. They have just as much! I fail to see how people say that girls have to remove it to look beautiful but it looks pre-pubescent if men have hairless armpits. Not true. Do women look pre-pubescent without it? No! Do men? No! Men look their best with clean shaven pits :)
    4) There's no reason to be ashamed of shaving your armpits. Most people either prefer or don't care if you remove your pit hair. People prefer it! And who can blame them! It's so hot. God doesn't care! You're following his commandments still, in fact he commands you to take good care of your body and treat it like the temple it is! So plus points to you! I think the biggest problem of insecurity of men who remove their armpit hair is not what others think, but what the man is afraid of others thinking. Rest assured man, you're doing the right thing ;) If someone does make fun of you or say some cruel comment about it, don't get offended or even listen to them. They are wrong! And if they care about something so shallow as a man not wanting to have gross pit hair, they are not worth being friends with!
    5) You know it looks hot, and you know it's good. This is not "de-masculizing" men. Masculinity is not defined by what kind of hair a man has and where he has it. People that think that a man has to look like an ape to be a man are misled and wrong! Shave and be happy!

• Better Hygiene is a Plus

Hairless armpits definitely smell better. I think shaving armpit hair is required for Muslim men, perhaps for hygienic reasons. I live in a Muslim country, and it seems all the guys are shaved. I got used to seeing men with hairless armpits, and now hairy armpits look gross to me. Also, the stink in a hot place from all those sweaty underarms would be overwhelming.

• Civilization demands it

It smells bad if you have hair and it looks gross.No woman wants a hairy, sweaty and bad smell hand on her neck.My first impression when i see a man with hair under his armpit is that he definitely lacks hygiene and god knows what else he has in other places..Please shave!

• Should men shave their armpits?

No! We are not women we are men. It is getting very strange today, as if being a "normal" male (masculine) is a bad thing. Same goes for guy's shaving chest and legs, very effeminate. Swimming and body building I can understand the reason for it other than that just odd to me.

• Natural Is Hot, Shaved Is Not

Few aspects of de-masculinization are less healthy looking or appealing than a guy who shaves his armpits. Or chest hair. Or pubic hair. Or legs. It has nothing to do with hygiene. The trend began with women who want to control their men, e.g., Delilah. It exploded with gay porn for old pervs who have fantasies about pre-pubescent boys. Body builders obsessed with gigantic muscles are a totally different perversion. It's also part of the clone wars to destroy individuality. When guys go through puberty, we develop hair on different parts of our bodies, some a little, some a lot. It's natural. Mowing down these outward and visible signs of masculine identity indicates low self esteem, shame, fear, or other psychological problems. Natural is hot. Shaved is not.

• Body builders, Competitive Swimmers and devout Muslims only!

Why should a guy be as smooth as a lady or pre-pubescent boy? In my opinion, it looks completely disgusting and awkward! If you compete in bodybuilding or swimming, you have at least an excuse. If you're Muslim, that's your choice. I see nothing wrong with trimming them if desired :-)

• Men should not be naked mole rats.

Guys are supposed to have hair under their arm pits. God made men and intended them to have more hair than women. Why change that? You may smell a little better, but you also deplete some of your masculinity. It's like you haven't hit puberty yet. I want a man not a per-pubescent teenage boy. That is all.

• No!

Men should not have to shave their armpits if they don't feel as if they need to. Men still need to be men, why take everything away from them? The only reason women shave is to remove excess hair in order to be more feminine. Armpit hair really doesn't harm anyone, so why should men have to remove it?

• No, that is excessive

Men shaving their armpits is a little bit excessive. Women shave their armpits because having a hairy body is seen as masculine, hence why women shave. Men obviously want to be masculine, but in certain situations men can shave their armpits and look good. It would be more reasonable for them to keep their pits trimmed.

• Shaving no, trimmed yes

A clean trimmed arm pit is very very sexy! You don't want to look like a 10 year old boy, men need arm pit hair women do not . However, you do not want an out of control big hairy bush under there that is gross. Keep it trimmed and simple.

• Okay but Ridiculous

Women shaving armpits is a relatively recent custom in the western world. Shaving/grooming pubic hair is a result of clothing styles and not wanting to show hair around skimpy panties, bikinis, shorts, etc. In general women, compared to men, are relatively hairless and shaving what little hair there is makes the few hairy body parts more like the rest of the body. Men, on the other hand, are generally hairy and shaving does nothing other than make a previously hairy part of the body look ridiculous. Shaving also keeps orifices clean. Two often used orifices are the genitals and the mouth. Genitals are washed after sex but it's difficult for men to shower or completely clean faces after eating so facial shaving is a custom for men. Frankly, in general, shaved men are as unattractive as hairy women.

• Shave your armpits

I believe that men should shave their arm pits as women do too. Maybe some women don't like to be seen as 5 year old girls and how they have an expectation to be hairless. It makes me maddddd!! If men can't to something simple to be clean then why should women!

• Probably not a good idea.

I decided to shave my pits because I was going to Florida with several girls and I didn't want to be the hairy guy on the beach and the roller coasters. However, when my mom found out, she basically called me stupid and feminist, and I got more embarrassed than I ever would have gotten there.

So it's your call. It depends who you're with and who's going to judge you. I personally am letting mine grow back out and I probably won't ever shave them again. Besides, hairy pits are more comfortable.

Anonymous says2013-05-25T22:47:22.347
I think men should only shave their armpits if they want to, just as women should only shave their armpits if they want to. If the individual wants to shave, then they should, if they don't, then they don't have to.