• It is awesome.

I have been shaving my armpits for 5 years now. I like it better and it feels better. I also noticed I do not smell as much. My wife seems to enjoy it as well. I think everyone should do what they are comfortable with, but I just think a shaven armpit looks better on a male or female. What is the hair really there for anyway?

• Yes, Men Should Shave Their Armpits

It would look a little odd for a man in our society (U.S.) to shave his armpits, but he should be able to do so if he wants to. For one thing, if a man shaved his armpits it would cut down on that "hard working man" smell that some guys can have. Also, it might look a little neater for a man to not have loads of visible underarm hair. It might take a while for us to get used to, but men should definitely shave their armpits whenever they want. Personal choice should always trump someone else's idea of masculinity.

• yes

A men should be able to shave his armpits if he pleases. pubic hair on armpits can sometimes be uncomfortable, and it doesn't affect men at all to have our armpits shaved. Plus i think lady's like hairless armpits any day over armpits full of sweaty hair. Men are free to shave their armpits.

• Armpits, whoever they belong to, are better without hair.

Whatever the sex of the person, hairy armpits are disgusting. With armpit hair, deodorant or anti-perspirant gets tangled in the hair, makes a mess, and gets all over your clothes. Did you watch those Olympic swimmers? Regardless of sex, their underarms looked amazing! Smooth, clean, and sexy--is the way to go!

• I like the clean feel

I have had my underarm hair removed via electrolysis. It makes a huge difference. My antiperspirant actually sticks to my skin and works. When I do sweat, I dry out faster. I also have less of a problem with pit stains on my shirts. I definitely recommend it. I probably small better, as well

• Feels so clean!

I have been shaving my chest, back, and pubic area for several years now. I have very pale skin, and the contrast between the dark hair and skin looks unsightly to me. I feel much sexier without it. But, until last night, I had always left my armpit hair au naturel. Well, now that I shaved it off, I am wondering what took me so long to do so! Maybe it was because I feared judgement from the many people who voted no on this issue? Well, I'm definitely not homosexual, or trying to look like a child. From now on, they can think whatever they want. Personally, I think it looks better, and I've already noticed that I'm not sweating as much. Also, over the years, I have ruined many of my favorite t-shirts because of deodorant stains under my arms. Hopefully, having hairless pits is going to save me money in clothing costs going forward! Bonus!!!

• Armpits don't need hair

When it comes to shaving your armpits, it doesn't matter what gender you are. Armpits without hair just look so much nicer than armpits that look like you've got some furry critters living on your body. Then again this all is just my opinion and if you like the furry critter look than don't shave your pits.

• It looks nasty

In my own opinion, hair from the armpit looks horrible and sticks out like a dead rat in a restaurant. It helps keep your body clean to shave and is more comfortable, not to mention you sweat a lot less. I don't know what woman have to say about it but this is my own opinion.

• It looks nasty

• Never regretted it

I used to have very hairy armpits and also around the groin area , sweated a lot started shaving a year ago best thing I ever did. Now less sweaty and no longer get horrible smells. Yes I used to wash myself! The Mrs likes the look of shaved armpits

• Natural Is Hot, Shaved Is Not

Few aspects of de-masculinization are less healthy looking or appealing than a guy who shaves his armpits. Or chest hair. Or pubic hair. Or legs. It has nothing to do with hygiene. The trend began with women who want to control their men, e.g., Delilah. It exploded with gay porn for old pervs who have fantasies about pre-pubescent boys. Body builders obsessed with gigantic muscles are a totally different perversion. It's also part of the clone wars to destroy individuality. When guys go through puberty, we develop hair on different parts of our bodies, some a little, some a lot. It's natural. Mowing down these outward and visible signs of masculine identity indicates low self esteem, shame, fear, or other psychological problems. Natural is hot. Shaved is not.

• Men should not be naked mole rats.

Guys are supposed to have hair under their arm pits. God made men and intended them to have more hair than women. Why change that? You may smell a little better, but you also deplete some of your masculinity. It's like you haven't hit puberty yet. I want a man not a per-pubescent teenage boy. That is all.

• Should men shave their armpits?

No! We are not women we are men. It is getting very strange today, as if being a "normal" male (masculine) is a bad thing. Same goes for guy's shaving chest and legs, very effeminate. Swimming and body building I can understand the reason for it other than that just odd to me.

• No!

Men should not have to shave their armpits if they don't feel as if they need to. Men still need to be men, why take everything away from them? The only reason women shave is to remove excess hair in order to be more feminine. Armpit hair really doesn't harm anyone, so why should men have to remove it?

• No, that is excessive

Men shaving their armpits is a little bit excessive. Women shave their armpits because having a hairy body is seen as masculine, hence why women shave. Men obviously want to be masculine, but in certain situations men can shave their armpits and look good. It would be more reasonable for them to keep their pits trimmed.

• Body builders, Competitive Swimmers and devout Muslims only!

Why should a guy be as smooth as a lady or pre-pubescent boy? In my opinion, it looks completely disgusting and awkward! If you compete in bodybuilding or swimming, you have at least an excuse. If you're Muslim, that's your choice. I see nothing wrong with trimming them if desired :-)

• Shaving no, trimmed yes

A clean trimmed arm pit is very very sexy! You don't want to look like a 10 year old boy, men need arm pit hair women do not . However, you do not want an out of control big hairy bush under there that is gross. Keep it trimmed and simple.

• Okay but Ridiculous

Women shaving armpits is a relatively recent custom in the western world. Shaving/grooming pubic hair is a result of clothing styles and not wanting to show hair around skimpy panties, bikinis, shorts, etc. In general women, compared to men, are relatively hairless and shaving what little hair there is makes the few hairy body parts more like the rest of the body. Men, on the other hand, are generally hairy and shaving does nothing other than make a previously hairy part of the body look ridiculous. Shaving also keeps orifices clean. Two often used orifices are the genitals and the mouth. Genitals are washed after sex but it's difficult for men to shower or completely clean faces after eating so facial shaving is a custom for men. Frankly, in general, shaved men are as unattractive as hairy women.

• Shave your armpits

I believe that men should shave their arm pits as women do too. Maybe some women don't like to be seen as 5 year old girls and how they have an expectation to be hairless. It makes me maddddd!! If men can't to something simple to be clean then why should women!

• Probably not a good idea.

I decided to shave my pits because I was going to Florida with several girls and I didn't want to be the hairy guy on the beach and the roller coasters. However, when my mom found out, she basically called me stupid and feminist, and I got more embarrassed than I ever would have gotten there.

So it's your call. It depends who you're with and who's going to judge you. I personally am letting mine grow back out and I probably won't ever shave them again. Besides, hairy pits are more comfortable.

Anonymous says2013-05-25T22:47:22.347
I think men should only shave their armpits if they want to, just as women should only shave their armpits if they want to. If the individual wants to shave, then they should, if they don't, then they don't have to.