• It is awesome.

I have been shaving my armpits for 5 years now. I like it better and it feels better. I also noticed I do not smell as much. My wife seems to enjoy it as well. I think everyone should do what they are comfortable with, but I just think a shaven armpit looks better on a male or female. What is the hair really there for anyway?

• Yes, Men Should Shave Their Armpits

It would look a little odd for a man in our society (U.S.) to shave his armpits, but he should be able to do so if he wants to. For one thing, if a man shaved his armpits it would cut down on that "hard working man" smell that some guys can have. Also, it might look a little neater for a man to not have loads of visible underarm hair. It might take a while for us to get used to, but men should definitely shave their armpits whenever they want. Personal choice should always trump someone else's idea of masculinity.

• yes

A men should be able to shave his armpits if he pleases. pubic hair on armpits can sometimes be uncomfortable, and it doesn't affect men at all to have our armpits shaved. Plus i think lady's like hairless armpits any day over armpits full of sweaty hair. Men are free to shave their armpits.

• There is nothing wrong with shaved arm pits on men.

Men have a personal right to shave their under arm hair if they want to. There is nothing wrong with that. Some men shave and some men trim their under arm hair. Its all about what is personal for the individual. Clean shaven or trimmed its all good. Do you.

• If you haven't tried it, don't knock it!

I have been shaving my armpits for about 2 months now and I wonder why I never did it before. My arm pit hair continued to grow and grow. It was long and stringy. So, I started trimming it. After trimming I would put on deodorant and there would be little hairs all stuck to my deodorant. Each time I trimmed I was trimming shorter and shorter until one morning I decided to just take it all off - shaved. Wow, what a difference that makes. There is no longer any itch from the cut hairs. My armpits are clean and fresh every morning. My deodorant goes on easy and at least for me I have noticed I sweat less and stay fresh smelling longer. And finally, I really like the look of a clean armpit. Lastly - I am a straight man married for almost 40 years - so for those of you that think it isn't masculine think again. Check this if you are not sure what Masculinity is - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masculinity

• Well I'm biased..

Because I am very fond of doing so myself.

As a matter of fact I shave everything, except for the hair on my legs and the hair on my arms.

I love the way my entire body feels when I do this, and don't see myself stopping any time soon.

• Well I'm biased..

• Smooth, clean, and cool

Hair hair everywhere and it's just a mess and gets way to hot (summer or not but especially summer heat). Shaving is a basic tool to help but I've often had hair waxed out also. Genital area is hairless as well & it feels awesome. Sex is best smooth and slick :P

• Because I want to!

I am a fan of shaving the pits and anything else I want if for no other reason than some nitwit thinks they should have a say in what I do with myself, and to deliberately NOT care what they think! How many comments on the right are based on someone caring more what other people think than what they think/want? If you want to groom yourself in a way someone else doesn't like and they feel the need to belittle you for it, get some less judgemental friends or grow some thicker skin, and maybe a spine while you are at it! :)
    The same applies to wearing kilts, it's more manly BECAUSE not everyone has the guts to do it, so wear and groom what and how you want!!

• Men should shave

In my opinion, and personally, i feel way cleaner and sexier After I've shaved. I personally hate having hair anywhere except my head, and sometimes a beard, all the clothed areas are better shaved in my opinion. I also find it way cooler in the summer time. Just a great feeling

• Natural Is Hot, Shaved Is Not

Few aspects of de-masculinization are less healthy looking or appealing than a guy who shaves his armpits. Or chest hair. Or pubic hair. Or legs. It has nothing to do with hygiene. The trend began with women who want to control their men, e.g., Delilah. It exploded with gay porn for old pervs who have fantasies about pre-pubescent boys. Body builders obsessed with gigantic muscles are a totally different perversion. It's also part of the clone wars to destroy individuality. When guys go through puberty, we develop hair on different parts of our bodies, some a little, some a lot. It's natural. Mowing down these outward and visible signs of masculine identity indicates low self esteem, shame, fear, or other psychological problems. Natural is hot. Shaved is not.

• Men should not be naked mole rats.

Guys are supposed to have hair under their arm pits. God made men and intended them to have more hair than women. Why change that? You may smell a little better, but you also deplete some of your masculinity. It's like you haven't hit puberty yet. I want a man not a per-pubescent teenage boy. That is all.

• Should men shave their armpits?

No! We are not women we are men. It is getting very strange today, as if being a "normal" male (masculine) is a bad thing. Same goes for guy's shaving chest and legs, very effeminate. Swimming and body building I can understand the reason for it other than that just odd to me.

• No!

Men should not have to shave their armpits if they don't feel as if they need to. Men still need to be men, why take everything away from them? The only reason women shave is to remove excess hair in order to be more feminine. Armpit hair really doesn't harm anyone, so why should men have to remove it?

• No, that is excessive

Men shaving their armpits is a little bit excessive. Women shave their armpits because having a hairy body is seen as masculine, hence why women shave. Men obviously want to be masculine, but in certain situations men can shave their armpits and look good. It would be more reasonable for them to keep their pits trimmed.

• Body builders, Competitive Swimmers and devout Muslims only!

Why should a guy be as smooth as a lady or pre-pubescent boy? In my opinion, it looks completely disgusting and awkward! If you compete in bodybuilding or swimming, you have at least an excuse. If you're Muslim, that's your choice. I see nothing wrong with trimming them if desired :-)

• Shaving no, trimmed yes

A clean trimmed arm pit is very very sexy! You don't want to look like a 10 year old boy, men need arm pit hair women do not . However, you do not want an out of control big hairy bush under there that is gross. Keep it trimmed and simple.

• Okay but Ridiculous

Women shaving armpits is a relatively recent custom in the western world. Shaving/grooming pubic hair is a result of clothing styles and not wanting to show hair around skimpy panties, bikinis, shorts, etc. In general women, compared to men, are relatively hairless and shaving what little hair there is makes the few hairy body parts more like the rest of the body. Men, on the other hand, are generally hairy and shaving does nothing other than make a previously hairy part of the body look ridiculous. Shaving also keeps orifices clean. Two often used orifices are the genitals and the mouth. Genitals are washed after sex but it's difficult for men to shower or completely clean faces after eating so facial shaving is a custom for men. Frankly, in general, shaved men are as unattractive as hairy women.

• Shave your armpits

I believe that men should shave their arm pits as women do too. Maybe some women don't like to be seen as 5 year old girls and how they have an expectation to be hairless. It makes me maddddd!! If men can't to something simple to be clean then why should women!

• Probably not a good idea.

I decided to shave my pits because I was going to Florida with several girls and I didn't want to be the hairy guy on the beach and the roller coasters. However, when my mom found out, she basically called me stupid and feminist, and I got more embarrassed than I ever would have gotten there.

So it's your call. It depends who you're with and who's going to judge you. I personally am letting mine grow back out and I probably won't ever shave them again. Besides, hairy pits are more comfortable.

Anonymous says2013-05-25T22:47:22.347
I think men should only shave their armpits if they want to, just as women should only shave their armpits if they want to. If the individual wants to shave, then they should, if they don't, then they don't have to.