• It is awesome.

I have been shaving my armpits for 5 years now. I like it better and it feels better. I also noticed I do not smell as much. My wife seems to enjoy it as well. I think everyone should do what they are comfortable with, but I just think a shaven armpit looks better on a male or female. What is the hair really there for anyway?

• Yes, Men Should Shave Their Armpits

It would look a little odd for a man in our society (U.S.) to shave his armpits, but he should be able to do so if he wants to. For one thing, if a man shaved his armpits it would cut down on that "hard working man" smell that some guys can have. Also, it might look a little neater for a man to not have loads of visible underarm hair. It might take a while for us to get used to, but men should definitely shave their armpits whenever they want. Personal choice should always trump someone else's idea of masculinity.

• yes

A men should be able to shave his armpits if he pleases. pubic hair on armpits can sometimes be uncomfortable, and it doesn't affect men at all to have our armpits shaved. Plus i think lady's like hairless armpits any day over armpits full of sweaty hair. Men are free to shave their armpits.

• It's super sexy

When a man has super hairy armpits he will smell, and will also be sweaty there. And as a guy myself, it is veryyyyy uncomfortable. And don't even get me started on the yellow shirt stains. It is so disgusting when a man lifts his arm to reveal a yellow stain because the hair traps the sweat, I hardly sweat. And when I do it doesn't stink or stain.

• Feels a hell of a lot better

Usually I trim down my underarm hair, however once ins a while I do shave it down completely - The argument about deodorant working better and using less is definitely true. You don't have to worry about that nasty clumpy sticky feeling that your hair gets with certain antiperspirants. Speaking of - I feel that you sweet a lot less as well. I will admit the first few times you do it, it can feel a little embarrassing during the summer, but it is real funny that you get more guys looking at your underarms having trimmed down or no hair than women. I tried it about 5 years ago and as I said, I have been either trimming down or shaving completely ever since. It's more of a common thing in some countries overseas. You know, some guys will complain that it is a gay thing, but it isn't. Have you ever noticed how many WWE performers shave ? Would you dare call one of them gay for doing it ? And I am sure that if you interviewed many professional sportsmen, you will find that a lot of guys in pro sports either trim down or shave their underarms. This isn't the 1970's where a guy is supposed to look like he is Magilla Gorilla - and speaking of, the same goes for back hair -- get rid of it. Chest hair is more of a personal thing depending on how you are built. If you don't have a great chest, and you shave it off, you just look like a guy with man boobs, but that of course is an entirely different subject all together.

• So fresh and so clean

I used to think that shaving armpits and body hair on men was gay and feminine. But that's mad ignorant and homophobic. I first shaved my armpits back in high school and have been doing so since. I feel so much more fresh and I sweat and smell a lot less when playing sports. I encourage the fellas to shave their armpits and a lot of girls either prefer it or don't care either way. But you rarely ever see a girl who doesn't wasn't a smooth skinned guy.

• Just do it dude!

Apart from looking neat and literally odorless you need less deo and once you perspire the sweat gets instantly evaporated so no bad smell or bacteria there!Oh and no way of getting cancer through chemicals found in most deodorants.Instead you can use any organic deo and it will work great!

• Its a question of masculinity

Shaved armpit makes men look like a boy.Dark hairy armpit with muscular shoulders makes me look more masculine and handsome.For men hairy armpits fetch lots of pleasure and comfort.For hygiene sake its better to trim armpits rather than shaving .Hairy armpit is very prestigious for young men especially teen boys.

• Your smell dude!

Very bad smell and looking, don't ever tell me that hair in that area does not produce a bad smell that every one hate. I am a woman and I am pretty sure that most ladies do not like it just like me. Please guys shave it please please please

• Your smell dude!

• Should men shave their armpits?

No! We are not women we are men. It is getting very strange today, as if being a "normal" male (masculine) is a bad thing. Same goes for guy's shaving chest and legs, very effeminate. Swimming and body building I can understand the reason for it other than that just odd to me.

• Natural Is Hot, Shaved Is Not

Few aspects of de-masculinization are less healthy looking or appealing than a guy who shaves his armpits. Or chest hair. Or pubic hair. Or legs. It has nothing to do with hygiene. The trend began with women who want to control their men, e.g., Delilah. It exploded with gay porn for old pervs who have fantasies about pre-pubescent boys. Body builders obsessed with gigantic muscles are a totally different perversion. It's also part of the clone wars to destroy individuality. When guys go through puberty, we develop hair on different parts of our bodies, some a little, some a lot. It's natural. Mowing down these outward and visible signs of masculine identity indicates low self esteem, shame, fear, or other psychological problems. Natural is hot. Shaved is not.

• Body builders, Competitive Swimmers and devout Muslims only!

Why should a guy be as smooth as a lady or pre-pubescent boy? In my opinion, it looks completely disgusting and awkward! If you compete in bodybuilding or swimming, you have at least an excuse. If you're Muslim, that's your choice. I see nothing wrong with trimming them if desired :-)

• Men should not be naked mole rats.

Guys are supposed to have hair under their arm pits. God made men and intended them to have more hair than women. Why change that? You may smell a little better, but you also deplete some of your masculinity. It's like you haven't hit puberty yet. I want a man not a per-pubescent teenage boy. That is all.

• No!

Men should not have to shave their armpits if they don't feel as if they need to. Men still need to be men, why take everything away from them? The only reason women shave is to remove excess hair in order to be more feminine. Armpit hair really doesn't harm anyone, so why should men have to remove it?

• No, that is excessive

Men shaving their armpits is a little bit excessive. Women shave their armpits because having a hairy body is seen as masculine, hence why women shave. Men obviously want to be masculine, but in certain situations men can shave their armpits and look good. It would be more reasonable for them to keep their pits trimmed.

• Shaving no, trimmed yes

A clean trimmed arm pit is very very sexy! You don't want to look like a 10 year old boy, men need arm pit hair women do not . However, you do not want an out of control big hairy bush under there that is gross. Keep it trimmed and simple.

• Okay but Ridiculous

Women shaving armpits is a relatively recent custom in the western world. Shaving/grooming pubic hair is a result of clothing styles and not wanting to show hair around skimpy panties, bikinis, shorts, etc. In general women, compared to men, are relatively hairless and shaving what little hair there is makes the few hairy body parts more like the rest of the body. Men, on the other hand, are generally hairy and shaving does nothing other than make a previously hairy part of the body look ridiculous. Shaving also keeps orifices clean. Two often used orifices are the genitals and the mouth. Genitals are washed after sex but it's difficult for men to shower or completely clean faces after eating so facial shaving is a custom for men. Frankly, in general, shaved men are as unattractive as hairy women.

• Shave your armpits

I believe that men should shave their arm pits as women do too. Maybe some women don't like to be seen as 5 year old girls and how they have an expectation to be hairless. It makes me maddddd!! If men can't to something simple to be clean then why should women!

• Probably not a good idea.

I decided to shave my pits because I was going to Florida with several girls and I didn't want to be the hairy guy on the beach and the roller coasters. However, when my mom found out, she basically called me stupid and feminist, and I got more embarrassed than I ever would have gotten there.

So it's your call. It depends who you're with and who's going to judge you. I personally am letting mine grow back out and I probably won't ever shave them again. Besides, hairy pits are more comfortable.

Anonymous says2013-05-25T22:47:22.347
I think men should only shave their armpits if they want to, just as women should only shave their armpits if they want to. If the individual wants to shave, then they should, if they don't, then they don't have to.