• It is awesome.

I have been shaving my armpits for 5 years now. I like it better and it feels better. I also noticed I do not smell as much. My wife seems to enjoy it as well. I think everyone should do what they are comfortable with, but I just think a shaven armpit looks better on a male or female. What is the hair really there for anyway?

• Yes, Men Should Shave Their Armpits

It would look a little odd for a man in our society (U.S.) to shave his armpits, but he should be able to do so if he wants to. For one thing, if a man shaved his armpits it would cut down on that "hard working man" smell that some guys can have. Also, it might look a little neater for a man to not have loads of visible underarm hair. It might take a while for us to get used to, but men should definitely shave their armpits whenever they want. Personal choice should always trump someone else's idea of masculinity.

• yes

A men should be able to shave his armpits if he pleases. pubic hair on armpits can sometimes be uncomfortable, and it doesn't affect men at all to have our armpits shaved. Plus i think lady's like hairless armpits any day over armpits full of sweaty hair. Men are free to shave their armpits.

• Yes men should definitely shave their armpits

It looks disgusting, especially if it's like a jungle under there. Some people say that it is feminine but it is just taking care of your body. Don't let your parents find out though as they will go crazy for some reason. Definitely shave though, it looks so much neater.

• Shaving underarm hair smells better

Honestly especially as men sweat more than women, shaving underarm hair would be beneficial, the arm pit doesn't get as much oxygen as the head as is more susceptible to smelling bad. I'm a woman, I don't grow load of hair under my arm pit, but If I left it a month, there is a distinct difference in smell. And if hes having sex with you and his wet armpit hair is in the way, that's not nice to have in your face. I don't really know how to approach him about that. But I mean for hygiene reasons yeah. Same with around his dick and balls, a little trim would not go amiss. Guys, please.

• Men look cleaner, are more attractive.

Hair gets dirty and smelly. A man's armpits are always sweating, and therefore they're hair is dirty and smelly. Besides the fact when a man has no armpit hair they look more physically appealing. You can see the definition of muscles and overall it just feels more comfortable. Shaving is the best option.

• Looks better, clean

It looks better, less sweat, cleaner. Teen boys shouldnt feel pressured to not shave their armpits because of fear of being called gay. It has nothing to do with your sexuality. It's all based on personal preference. If you want to shave your armpits then do it, dont be afraid to do it.

• Armpit hair is gross

I honestly find armpit hair to be very disgusting. More
    attractive if u shaved ur armpits
    With a shaved pit, there is no maze of hair to get through, product goes on instantly. So it help prevent body oder shaving the arm pits is absolutely necessary. Not only that shaving ur armpit hair would mean less odor when you sweat.

• Armpit hair is gross

attractive if u shaved ur armpits

• Never Looking Back

I took a beard trimmer to my pits about 15 months ago. Been buzzing them about twice a week since then. It feels great. I do tend to be a bit self conscious when I raise my arms up in front of people here in the US, but I've never heard a comment.

• Natural Is Hot, Shaved Is Not

Few aspects of de-masculinization are less healthy looking or appealing than a guy who shaves his armpits. Or chest hair. Or pubic hair. Or legs. It has nothing to do with hygiene. The trend began with women who want to control their men, e.g., Delilah. It exploded with gay porn for old pervs who have fantasies about pre-pubescent boys. Body builders obsessed with gigantic muscles are a totally different perversion. It's also part of the clone wars to destroy individuality. When guys go through puberty, we develop hair on different parts of our bodies, some a little, some a lot. It's natural. Mowing down these outward and visible signs of masculine identity indicates low self esteem, shame, fear, or other psychological problems. Natural is hot. Shaved is not.

• Men should not be naked mole rats.

Guys are supposed to have hair under their arm pits. God made men and intended them to have more hair than women. Why change that? You may smell a little better, but you also deplete some of your masculinity. It's like you haven't hit puberty yet. I want a man not a per-pubescent teenage boy. That is all.

• Should men shave their armpits?

No! We are not women we are men. It is getting very strange today, as if being a "normal" male (masculine) is a bad thing. Same goes for guy's shaving chest and legs, very effeminate. Swimming and body building I can understand the reason for it other than that just odd to me.

• No!

Men should not have to shave their armpits if they don't feel as if they need to. Men still need to be men, why take everything away from them? The only reason women shave is to remove excess hair in order to be more feminine. Armpit hair really doesn't harm anyone, so why should men have to remove it?

• No, that is excessive

Men shaving their armpits is a little bit excessive. Women shave their armpits because having a hairy body is seen as masculine, hence why women shave. Men obviously want to be masculine, but in certain situations men can shave their armpits and look good. It would be more reasonable for them to keep their pits trimmed.

• Body builders, Competitive Swimmers and devout Muslims only!

Why should a guy be as smooth as a lady or pre-pubescent boy? In my opinion, it looks completely disgusting and awkward! If you compete in bodybuilding or swimming, you have at least an excuse. If you're Muslim, that's your choice. I see nothing wrong with trimming them if desired :-)

• Shaving no, trimmed yes

A clean trimmed arm pit is very very sexy! You don't want to look like a 10 year old boy, men need arm pit hair women do not . However, you do not want an out of control big hairy bush under there that is gross. Keep it trimmed and simple.

• Okay but Ridiculous

Women shaving armpits is a relatively recent custom in the western world. Shaving/grooming pubic hair is a result of clothing styles and not wanting to show hair around skimpy panties, bikinis, shorts, etc. In general women, compared to men, are relatively hairless and shaving what little hair there is makes the few hairy body parts more like the rest of the body. Men, on the other hand, are generally hairy and shaving does nothing other than make a previously hairy part of the body look ridiculous. Shaving also keeps orifices clean. Two often used orifices are the genitals and the mouth. Genitals are washed after sex but it's difficult for men to shower or completely clean faces after eating so facial shaving is a custom for men. Frankly, in general, shaved men are as unattractive as hairy women.

• Shave your armpits

I believe that men should shave their arm pits as women do too. Maybe some women don't like to be seen as 5 year old girls and how they have an expectation to be hairless. It makes me maddddd!! If men can't to something simple to be clean then why should women!

• Probably not a good idea.

I decided to shave my pits because I was going to Florida with several girls and I didn't want to be the hairy guy on the beach and the roller coasters. However, when my mom found out, she basically called me stupid and feminist, and I got more embarrassed than I ever would have gotten there.

So it's your call. It depends who you're with and who's going to judge you. I personally am letting mine grow back out and I probably won't ever shave them again. Besides, hairy pits are more comfortable.

Anonymous says2013-05-25T22:47:22.347
I think men should only shave their armpits if they want to, just as women should only shave their armpits if they want to. If the individual wants to shave, then they should, if they don't, then they don't have to.