Should men with boobs be required by law to wear a shirt or bra when they are out in public?

Asked by: philochristos
  • Not by law but support

I am a man and starting wearing bras several years ago through the suggestion of my wife. I wear a D cup. They feel better supported. Most of the time thoughI wear my bras around the house and sometimes in public when I think I can get away with it on. I would wear a bra all the time is I was not afaid of someone really noticing.

• Essential for either sex to maintain decency if they have a large breast problem.

Since I have been on medication for Crohn’s Disease, Arthritis, enlarged prostate, and high blood pressure my chest has developed at an alarming rate. Drs do not not help, some even finding it amusing when I have asked for help. My self image and looking at my shape in the mirror alarmed me.To me, my breasts look indecent. They were uncomfortable, wobbling around constantly and looked just awful when naked. Sick of wearing binder type or post surgical garments my wife suggested that I tried a bra. She made contact with a bra fitter and dragged me in to get fitted. I was measured a 46B/C according to type of bra She chose for me. Six months on I wear a bra every day and am a lot more confident and comfortable. Although working through the embarrassment initially I would now far prefer people to know I wear a bra than to be laughed at because of my huge breasts (for a man). I know a lot of people won’t agree but it’s just how I feel.

• It is hot!

Underwear is considered one of the hottest things on earth a person can use to arouse their partner. It is sexist if females are the only ones that can use things, such as bras, to seduce someone. Males have just as much right to wear sexy clothing as much as women do.

• It is hot!

• It is hot!

• Men should wear bras

Males should be be forced to wear bras if they have any kinda breast because I female is forced to wear a bra even if they are flat chested. I honestly love wearing a bra I am sixteen years old and I have smaller breasts and I love wear sports bras because it makes me feel secure.

• Yes, bra are for breast support

Laws are meant to protect and elevate society and its people. Men with big boobs are in requirement of support and by law of nature they should take care of big boobs. Men can wear bra which minimizes breast appearance but keeping in mind that while doing so they are not harming anybody

• Yes for health and modesty

Yes as a fat guy with almost b cup breasts. I have come to find out with help from my girl friend that with a good fitting bra it helps not only does it alleviate a lot of my back pain but with the right Style they can minimize their appearance through your shirts. And speaking of shirts men with boobs should always wear shirt unless your wearing a swim top. I agree with my girl friend that men with boobs should not be treated any differently then women

• Males with breasts A cup or larger must by law be required to wear a bra!

As a sissy girl who is 38DD 28 38 i utterly accept a law that would require feminine girly bois such as i to wear a bra. I agree that sissy girls should not be disrespectful to manly Men by seeking to hide our girly femininity and so should also wear matching panties as well as heels and blouses and skirts.

• Yes they shouod wear a bra

Yes men with big breasts should wear a bra. I am a man with big breasts and I wear a bra. I wear a 42 Double D underwire bra. I wear them because the weight causes my shoulders and back to hurt. I know my breasts enlarged and a very difficult to hide. So I started wearing a bra and it helped a lot. I never go anywhere without one. I've also gotten used to having them as they grow. I don't want to go for expensive breast reduction surgery. It's just a garment that I wear all the time. I've gotten so used to wearing a bra that if I don't have one I feel naked. Plus I don't like the fact that my boobs start to bounce around all over the place. I love the support that the bra offers me and if men have big breasts than they should wear a bra.

• And women should not be required to either

It's absurd how demonized we have allowed sexuality to become. The sight of a naked person in public now has so much shock value that it simply shouldn't have in any mature society. We label them sex offenders even if no sex crime has been committed. It has gotten to the point where nudity and sexuality in entertainment experiences more resistance than gratuitous violence and gore.

You also have to consider just how impossible something like this would be to enforce. Will it be limited to people above a certain BMI? Extended to people who are just generally unattractive and cause people to complain?

Posted by: Quan
  • Shirts should not be required for anyone.

The idea of forcing people to wear shirts is absurd. People who have so much time in their life to worry about if someone with boobs, either male or female, is going shirtless, simply is not in the right state of mind to be making these kind of proposals.

Some men even have boobs without being fat, caused by a medical condition.

• Not by Law

We would be discriminating against large men if this became a law. The only reason women must have a shirt on versus men is because the breasts of a woman are sexualized. Man "boobs" are not. There is no reason to require a man to wear a shirt (where it is allowed for men in general to) just because he is bigger then the normal, socially attractive man.

• Don't make the human body a thing of shame!

I find that a majority of the yes votes pertain to practical reasons for their own comfort, such as back pain, as opposed to morality which is a construct of society and I believe harmful to the mental well being. There is nothing to be ashamed of in viewing the human body. Artists have treasured it since the beginning. Clothing began for the protection against the elements. Those that are offended by seeing nudity are the ones that are lacking in humanity and have a constitutional right to be offended under the first amendment. The Supreme Court is incorrect in declaring that obscenity " as in the nude human body" is not covered for the simple fact that the human body is "Not" obscene.

• NOT required by law, but allowed in law...

NOT required by law to wear anything in particular for that ( the "men boobs" popular categorization), but they should be allowed by law to be able to wear something if they wanted for that purpose ( the purpose of the garments such as shirt, a bra, or something else for cover,support, fashion, comfort, relief, physical and/or mental health, inner peace, style, lift of confidence, well been...,etc and the wearing on it with their " men boobs" )without penalization, stigmatization, victimization, sanctions or target of discrimination.

We don't need new laws for something it's already there. Society have guidelines for use of clothes that are related with the perception according with the dominant culture, place, time, social group, occasion and so on, are already in effect...With mixed results, practical enough?

The thing to do here instead of laws is change of mentality, the use or not use of this specific garments or clothes seems unnecessary, education seems more urgent to do more progress.

Do the actual laws can not handle this? Not really its just another piece of clothes which purpose is mainly cover the nudity of the top half of the body, that in the case of men seems to be more accessible as option to go topless at the street without to much fuzz, than women who could may chose that option.

There are many things that could hurt sensitivities, are we going to do a law for each one for each individual tastes and beliefs? I think we should be more inclusive with the decisions and exercise wiser judgements based on how to procure universal human rights. Instead of popping laws for everything...

Also the sole question sounds wrong...Like if we need to debate if should be a new law or a part of and actual one that issues for "freaks" shown in public that need chain or something in that line.

Can you see that there is no real difference between one men or another? With or without this called "men boobs"...

• People are not born to be restricted by clothes

We are not born wearing clothes and there should be no laws stating that anyone of any sex or race or age should be obligated to wear any such thing because a few people feel embarrassed by this. I for 1 believe that anyone should be able to wear what they want when they want, regardless of whether its in the home or out in public. Shaming a person only causes damage in the end.

• Why not just lose weight and eat right?

Wouldn't that be the easiest thing to do? If a guy has gynecomastia then it is a different story it if a guy is simply overweight then the best thing to do is lose the weight. So I'm going to have to say no because that is the simplest solution.

• Nobody should have to wear a bra!

Neither men NOR women should be "required" to wear a bra! And anyone should be equally allowed to go shirtless if they feel like it. It's 2015, I think we should be able to handle the sight of BOOBS. It is some old outdated misogynist crap that bras have become a socially "required" garment for women. Even those with little A-cup boobs feel compelled to wear a bra even though there is no realistic need for "support" at that size. It is ridiculous.

• Eh. I think we should do away with bra requirements all together.

I am a male and I believe women should have the right to or not to wear what they want. To force people to wear something bc the way they were born just sounds very discriminate and I thought USA was about freedom, but we take it from every thing

• Not by law required

Bra's are a support garment to wear. It has nothing to do with a law! A law about COVERING the breast area exist but it doesn't men wearing a bra.
    Everybody can say, yes men should because of equality, but that is a different subject. Women should cover the breast urea because of possible sexual concerns which is really a problem.

Anonymous says2013-09-21T14:58:54.873
So men can have an equal opportunity to develop breast cancer and fibrocystitis?