Should men with boobs be required by law to wear a shirt or bra when they are out in public?

Asked by: philochristos
  • I Need To Wear My Bra

I am a natural 46B/46C-Cup Bra Wearer. . . My Sister-In-Law gave me my first Bra. . . She is a 46D. . . She said that I need to start wearing a Bra. . . We then went "Bra Shopping" and we found the right size for me to wear. . . Since that time, I am now enjoy wearing my Bras full time.

• Yes, because of support

I know a man that can fill a 42DD bra with no problem. If a female is equivalent in size she must wear a bra to avoid having her breasts bouncing as she walks or runs. Therefore, it only stands to reason that a man with large breasts should also wear a bra for the exact same reason and not be ashamed to do so!

• Not by law but support

I am a man and starting wearing bras several years ago through the suggestion of my wife. I wear a D cup. They feel better supported. Most of the time thoughI wear my bras around the house and sometimes in public when I think I can get away with it on. I would wear a bra all the time is I was not afaid of someone really noticing.

• Essential for either sex to maintain decency if they have a large breast problem.

Since I have been on medication for Crohn’s Disease, Arthritis, enlarged prostate, and high blood pressure my chest has developed at an alarming rate. Drs do not not help, some even finding it amusing when I have asked for help. My self image and looking at my shape in the mirror alarmed me.To me, my breasts look indecent. They were uncomfortable, wobbling around constantly and looked just awful when naked. Sick of wearing binder type or post surgical garments my wife suggested that I tried a bra. She made contact with a bra fitter and dragged me in to get fitted. I was measured a 46B/C according to type of bra She chose for me. Six months on I wear a bra every day and am a lot more confident and comfortable. Although working through the embarrassment initially I would now far prefer people to know I wear a bra than to be laughed at because of my huge breasts (for a man). I know a lot of people won’t agree but it’s just how I feel.

• It is hot!

Underwear is considered one of the hottest things on earth a person can use to arouse their partner. It is sexist if females are the only ones that can use things, such as bras, to seduce someone. Males have just as much right to wear sexy clothing as much as women do.

• It is hot!

• It is hot!

• Men should wear bras

Males should be be forced to wear bras if they have any kinda breast because I female is forced to wear a bra even if they are flat chested. I honestly love wearing a bra I am sixteen years old and I have smaller breasts and I love wear sports bras because it makes me feel secure.

• Yes, bra are for breast support

Laws are meant to protect and elevate society and its people. Men with big boobs are in requirement of support and by law of nature they should take care of big boobs. Men can wear bra which minimizes breast appearance but keeping in mind that while doing so they are not harming anybody

• Yes for health and modesty

Yes as a fat guy with almost b cup breasts. I have come to find out with help from my girl friend that with a good fitting bra it helps not only does it alleviate a lot of my back pain but with the right Style they can minimize their appearance through your shirts. And speaking of shirts men with boobs should always wear shirt unless your wearing a swim top. I agree with my girl friend that men with boobs should not be treated any differently then women

• And women should not be required to either

It's absurd how demonized we have allowed sexuality to become. The sight of a naked person in public now has so much shock value that it simply shouldn't have in any mature society. We label them sex offenders even if no sex crime has been committed. It has gotten to the point where nudity and sexuality in entertainment experiences more resistance than gratuitous violence and gore.

You also have to consider just how impossible something like this would be to enforce. Will it be limited to people above a certain BMI? Extended to people who are just generally unattractive and cause people to complain?

Posted by: Quan
  • Shirts should not be required for anyone.

The idea of forcing people to wear shirts is absurd. People who have so much time in their life to worry about if someone with boobs, either male or female, is going shirtless, simply is not in the right state of mind to be making these kind of proposals.

Some men even have boobs without being fat, caused by a medical condition.

• Not by Law

We would be discriminating against large men if this became a law. The only reason women must have a shirt on versus men is because the breasts of a woman are sexualized. Man "boobs" are not. There is no reason to require a man to wear a shirt (where it is allowed for men in general to) just because he is bigger then the normal, socially attractive man.

• Why ask the question?

Bra: What reason could there be that makes us qualified to decide what kind of underclothes another person should wear in public? Is it because of some particular standard that we feel others should adhere to? Who decides that standard, And how rigidly it should be applied?

The answer is: there is no reason why anybody should be compelled to wear or not wear a particular item of underwear. Any standards that a person or persons might choose to compel another person to stick to are wholly subjective and should not be imposed upon another person.

Shirts: Again, We are talking about a standard that a person or persons has decided all others must adhere to. In some cases, Somebody who does not adhere to it may be subjected to a forfeit of time, Money, Or both, Because those defining the standard have the power to make the standard a law that all must follow.
    Such a law would be highly subjective. However, It would indicate the possibility that some members of the society might be unable to control their reactions to a person without a shirt. Some laws are made by men who realize that men cannot be trusted to treat other people with respect, So there needs to be a law preventing them, Even if the law itself is an example of disrespect to others.
    It might be a wise person who adheres to the standard in order to avoid the reaction of other people. But that doesn't mean that the standard is objectively right.

• Fat guys should let their personalities show

Yes fat guys have hairy boobs yes but most of us have hair does that mean people have to hide their hairy legs or that only bald people can go outside anymore. Fat people are people too think about if you are stuck in a room with no food and a fat person if you eat him you could survive for weeks.

• You could just look away if its so disgusting to you

Honestly who cares if a guys boobs are big. Look away. The amount of manpower needed to enforce such a stupid law would place alot of stress on the police force. I couldnt see a reasonable government allow such a law. Women have to wear bras because they WANT to. A woman would not leave the house without a bra because of shame, nobody is forcing her to wear it.

• Don't make the human body a thing of shame!

I find that a majority of the yes votes pertain to practical reasons for their own comfort, such as back pain, as opposed to morality which is a construct of society and I believe harmful to the mental well being. There is nothing to be ashamed of in viewing the human body. Artists have treasured it since the beginning. Clothing began for the protection against the elements. Those that are offended by seeing nudity are the ones that are lacking in humanity and have a constitutional right to be offended under the first amendment. The Supreme Court is incorrect in declaring that obscenity " as in the nude human body" is not covered for the simple fact that the human body is "Not" obscene.

• NOT required by law, but allowed in law...

NOT required by law to wear anything in particular for that ( the "men boobs" popular categorization), but they should be allowed by law to be able to wear something if they wanted for that purpose ( the purpose of the garments such as shirt, a bra, or something else for cover,support, fashion, comfort, relief, physical and/or mental health, inner peace, style, lift of confidence, well been...,etc and the wearing on it with their " men boobs" )without penalization, stigmatization, victimization, sanctions or target of discrimination.

We don't need new laws for something it's already there. Society have guidelines for use of clothes that are related with the perception according with the dominant culture, place, time, social group, occasion and so on, are already in effect...With mixed results, practical enough?

The thing to do here instead of laws is change of mentality, the use or not use of this specific garments or clothes seems unnecessary, education seems more urgent to do more progress.

Do the actual laws can not handle this? Not really its just another piece of clothes which purpose is mainly cover the nudity of the top half of the body, that in the case of men seems to be more accessible as option to go topless at the street without to much fuzz, than women who could may chose that option.

There are many things that could hurt sensitivities, are we going to do a law for each one for each individual tastes and beliefs? I think we should be more inclusive with the decisions and exercise wiser judgements based on how to procure universal human rights. Instead of popping laws for everything...

Also the sole question sounds wrong...Like if we need to debate if should be a new law or a part of and actual one that issues for "freaks" shown in public that need chain or something in that line.

Can you see that there is no real difference between one men or another? With or without this called "men boobs"...

• People are not born to be restricted by clothes

We are not born wearing clothes and there should be no laws stating that anyone of any sex or race or age should be obligated to wear any such thing because a few people feel embarrassed by this. I for 1 believe that anyone should be able to wear what they want when they want, regardless of whether its in the home or out in public. Shaming a person only causes damage in the end.

Anonymous says2013-09-21T14:58:54.873
So men can have an equal opportunity to develop breast cancer and fibrocystitis?