Should mentally disabled people be able to work at normal jobs?

• Yup they should

Yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup yup

• Yup they should

• Yup they should

• Yup they should

• Yes, they should

Although someone with severe mental disabilities can never be a lawyer, I think that everyone should be given a chance to anything they can. If they can do it, with or without modifications, than they should be able to. If they can't do it, than they shouldn't be able to. Simple as that

• Of course if the physically disable should, so should the psychiatrically

The argument against this that was previously posted about violent outburst was clearly made out if ignorance. There isn't a clear link between violence and mental illness, even though the media and entertainment cite mental illness as a cause for violence 60% of the time. The vast majority of violence is committed by mentally healthy people. These are statistical truths. I am disabled by PTSD and don't enjoy the stigma of my invisible disability. Most people think I should just summon the strength to overcome it but strength to overcome is not what us missing. As a result, I wish that my disability was physical. I am maligned by family members and feared by strangers. I had to take on the risk of starting my own business in order to be a productive member of society as a result of this. Mentally disabled people are 2.5 times as likely to be victims of violence, not the other way around, and even as a highly trained precision shooter, I've never thought of, nor wanted to go to a bell tower. If I could hide my symptoms, this would be a non-issue, but disability is defined as inability to function normally on tasks, which makes hiding my problem impossible. If only they made wheelchairs to carry around heavy heads that others could see...

• They should be allowed to do the job if their capable,

My name is Chloe Berry, I think that people with disabilities shouldnt be refused work if they are still capable of doing the job, I think this because it would be unfair if someone wanted to do a job and was able to do it but was turned down based on the fact that they have a disability.

• Yes, they can contribute.

Yes, mentally disabled people should be able to work at normal jobs, because they are often very talented and should be able to contribute. They also often make the workplace better, because they make people happier and remind them to be nice to one another. Mentally disabled people have a lot to contribute to the community and to a workplace.

• Not all regular jobs are suited for a mentally impaired person

A regular job could be considered a doctor or a lawyer. A mentally impaired person is not suited to do those jobs. 1 they cannot obtain as much as a regular person, so they wouldn't remember how to do their job. 2 not all mentally disabled people are fun and easy to work with. Although they are not worthless, they should not be able to do regular jobs.

• Mentally handicapped individuals should be able to work jobs they can handle

Although 'normal jobs' is a very broad and vague term, mentally disabled people clearly are not able to work in the range of jobs available to a normal person. Obviously a mentally disabled person prone to violent outbursts should not be able to work a job where interaction with others is regular. Mentally handicapped people should work jobs that compliment their abilities.