Should Microsoft's next operating system be more like Windows Vista?

• Yes it should.

I do think Microsoft's next operating system should be more like Windows Vista. People get used to operating systems and learn to love them, so the basic format should be kept. Just increase the technologies on a similar platform and keep building over time. New operating systems are infuriating at times.

• No need to revisit the past.

There's no need for Microsoft's next operating system to be more like Windows Vista. While there's lots of keening and wailing over Windows 8, I quite like it. It is my hope that Windows 9, or whatever they hope to call it, will end up improving on the new interface in 8.

• Microsoft's next system should not be more like Vista

It is my opinion that Microsoft's next operating system should not be more like Windows Vista. I feel that Vista did not meet the expectations of Windows customers, and that creating an operating system similar to Windows seven or eight would be better for both the company and its consumers.

• No, I don't think Microsoft's next operating system should be more like Windows Vista.

Windows Vista was widely regarded as a failure both by user reviews and by sales figures, I think that Microsoft would be making a mistake to make their next operating system similar to it, I think the best option for Microsoft would be to take the best features out of Vista and combine them with other popular features from other operating systems.

• No, No, No

I do not believe Microsoft's next operating system should be anything like Vista. People hate that word now because of the problems of associated with that operating system. Why would Microsoft want to relive those problems. We shouldn't base new things on the failed things of the past, that doesn't promote innovation.