• Yes, middle and high schools should have recess.

I think a fifteen minute break to get a snack would be good for teenagers. I am not saying they should go out to the playground, but a snack break would be helpful. Teenagers get hungry too, and they are not allowed to eat in class. A small break may help them study and pay attention a little better.

• Yes, they should.

The brain is a lot like a computer and it needs 'quick saves' every now and again to back up data. Giving the mind time to relax between courses is healthy and helpful to younger people whose brains are still growing and whose learning potential is so much higher than an adult's.

• Definitely we should

I am 18 and a senior in highschool and I still say we should have recess. 25 minute lunch is a nice break but students don't get any physical excersize. I used to take weight training and can definitely see a difference in my productivity and awareness when I took it vs now. The only reason I can't take it is I have an ap as an "elective" and a language. I'm also ADHD so I get extremely jittery if I do not do sports or communicate. However even people without ADHD still should benefit from recess. People keep complaining about their kids not getting enough exersize or being to hyper yet nobody does anything in school other than have doctors proscribe aderal which for MW exercise works twice as well as taking a drug that makes me angry and not hungry.

• Yes middle schoolers should have recess!

They should have recess because the obesity rates in America are more than high....Kids need more excersie than sitting in a chair all day.. Recess would also make blood flow go to the brain when kids run around so they can do better in school work....They are still kids.....Kids also need social interaction....

• Middle schoolers and high schoolers should have breaks....

When I get into middle school next year I want to have recess because kids who don't get breaks from school work will stop paying attention in class. Our grades might decrease because so much is crammed into our minds and their is no time just to talk to our friends. My aunt teaches high school and I teach there sometimes too. The kids get quarters off and they have great grades (I can tell because I grade their papers.!!) this is what all kids should have, breaks.

• Siesta time yes!

Two short 15 minute breaks allows students to relax. Also, many jobs require two short breaks, such as nurses and technicians (in fact all union jobs require breaks.) In many Spanish countries a siesta time is set aside during the work day to relax. High school students are so stressed out, a recess gives students a much needed break time.

• Everyone benefits from a break!

Research dating back to the late 1800's proves that students will learn better and faster when their efforts are distributed, not concentrated. That is, work that includes breaks and down time proves more effective than in long stretches. A snack and a 15 minutes break would "refresh the students mind"

• Yes, we need recess.

I am a junior in high school and all I can think about is how I can't wait to get home and relax. School is stressful with all the work they give us. It would make every student relieved to have a 15 minute break to catch up in a class or study for an upcoming test, or even just sit and relax until their next class. Our minds need a break during the day instead of being told to sit down, shut up, learn. It's a lot of pressure and we can't take it. Teachers want to know why we don't do our homework? This. This is why.

• Yes need to

I believe that middle and high school kids should have recess because it will help them focus in class, and it would get their energy out, and we won't feel tired and run down after every class. Also if none of us wanted to play we could hang out with friends, and it would be fun.

• Have more fun in school

Students work themselves to the bone in school doing work and need some breaks as a kid you want to live while your young. A big part of this is socializing in school with their peers. This is not a big request due to the fact that recess is only 10-15 min long and students need to release some energy

• No recess for high schoolers

High schoolers are to old. I interviewed my sister and she even said that recess would be boring and she is WAY to old for that stuff. And they won't run around like little kids do, if anything they should go to the gym, not run around like little kids

• No because then it would take learning time off and we only have so much time in school.

I already said why
    Because it would take learning time off of school and because we are already older
    We don't need reccess but it would be nice to have a 5 minute snack break so that is my opinion on this why middle schoolers and high schoolers should have recess or not

• Yes we should

High school’s need recess to help us stay active and healthy. It helps us stay close to friends and not be antisocial. I think a fifteen minute break to get a snack would be good for teenagers. I am not saying they should go out to the playground, but a snack break would be helpful. Teenagers get hungry too, and they are not allowed to eat in class. A small break may help them study and pay attention a little better. They should have recess because the obesity rates in America are more than high....Kids need more exercise than sitting in a chair all day.. Recess would also make blood flow go to the brain when kids run around so they can do better in school work They are still kids also need social interaction. Research dating back to the late 1800's proves that students will learn better and faster when their efforts are distributed, not concentrated. That is, work that includes breaks and downtime proves more effective than in long stretches. A snack and a 15 minutes break would "refresh the student's mind" Because kids need to get things off there mind it's not like they're going to play on a playground like little kid because their older but they should still get fresh air, exercise, and they just need to get out there. And just out of the blue what if a student is going to leave that day and they want to talk to their friends about it. Yes,people should have recess in high school in middle school. Kids should have time to play and enjoy there self. Also kids do not want to learn all day. And it gives teachers a break too by just sitting down not worrying about the school grades. Teenagers should be able to have fun too.
    Yes we need to have recess.
    We want to have recess to have fun and also to rest. We want to play with friends and visit to have more fun to play. We wish we could have recess for middle school and high school. We always love to have a recess to sit to rest, play, and visit with our best friends. We want to have two recess times.

• Unnecessary for older students.

Catering to time wasting nonsense is one of the reasons our students cannot concentrate on tasks for any given period of time. Middle and high schoolers are not small children who have to eat every couple of hours. Middle and high schoolers arlso have study halls, which serve as free periods.

• No we shouldn't

I say this because middle school you are young and in high school the people are too old and that the people who play outside would most likely be on their phones or not interacting with each other any ways. Most people would not enjoy playing outside sometimes because it could be boring for some people.

• No we shouldn't

• No we shouldn't

• No we shouldn't

• No we shouldn't

• No we shouldn't