Should Middle School Kids Be Able To Have A Girlfriend/Boyfriend

Asked by: Salvi
  • People need to learn sometime

Any age is okay for a kid to have a "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" as long as people do not treat it as something serious under the age of 13. Otherwise, it's just cute, and a social learning interaction that prepares them for later in life.

I think everyone has had that "boyfriend" or "girlfriend" as a kid.

• It's just natural

11-14 year-olds, just a few centuries ago, were getting married, and even still in some countries. When we become teenagers, we start to feel deep and strong emotions about each other, in different ways. BUT (big but) it should not turn into a sexual relationship, no one should be forced to do something they are uncomfortable with, just because you're ready for it doesn't mean anyone else is, there are consequences, you will probably break up with in 6 months, this probably won't be who you marry, just because you like someone doesn't mean you have to date them, you will probably be judged, and most importantly, dating isn't a secret. Everyone you know may find out. Your parents included. You should talk to them about your feelings and how to express them.

• It's good for the future

Let's face it, the kind of relationships that people have in middle school normally aren't 'relationships'. In middle school having a boyfriend/girlfriend means that you have someone to walk to class with, hold hands with, and occasionally peck on the lips. Students need to have the opportunity to learn what it is like to have to handle school on top of having someone or something else to worry about. I'm not saying that they should be left alone with their boyfriend/girlfriend so that they can experiment with each other. I don't believe that that's something that they need to be worried about. I do think that middle school students should be able to have a relationship. I believe that it would be a great learning experience for them so that they can learn what they really want in a relationship in the future.

• YES they should

They should because then they know how it feels to be in a relationship. Students should be responsible and know how to react. Kids could hug, there is nothing bad with that. Kissing a lot, know your talking, that's a little to much. I feel like it is fine for a middle school kid to have a girlfriend/boyfriend.

• I'm 15 soooo

Here's the thing. I always hear things from elders saying that your too young to have a relationship and you don't know how maintain it. Well it doesn't really matter does it. We are talking about actually feelings emotions. These things cannot be controlled. I definitely agree on this because I see it everywhere at school. I don't currently have a relationship but I still go for it.
    Honestly I think the person who made this question didn't think about it much. I agree but whatever anyone thinks, they will still be love in life. Even since a small age children had a "special" feeling to another. The difference is that in middle school, others can see it more.

• They are way too young.

Ok, I am in a middle school myself and we have a lot of boyfriend/ girlfriend. And they are way too young. They don't know the first thing about love, I heard that some couples "did it" which I was completely shocked. HOW AM I THE ONLY ONE VOTING NO??? If one of them gets pregnant then they can't have an education.

• Don't think so....

I'm in middle school and personnaly i think that having a gf is just wrong. I mean having a crush is perfectly fine, having a good friend that's a girl is perfectly fine and i get it sometimes your crush likes you back and all that stuff but i think Girlfriend of Boyfriend is just a bit wierd. I mean dont get me wrong it would be nice but im just not interested in being call a BOYFRIEND in middle school.