Should middle school kids be required to take a foreign language class?

• It's very helpful.

Having kids learn foreign languages can help them to be able to maintain/take care of themselves in a different country or even the one they're in. It can also boost job opportunities. It would could also be used for communicating to people when it is needed or just for fun.

• It's very helpful.

• They shouldn't have to take it in Middle School but they should have to in High School!

I don't necessarily agree with you having to take it in Middle School as your brain isn't as developed. I took a Spanish class in Middle School and it was very hard to comprehend and understand. I think that it is better for students to take it in high school!

• Why do I need to fill this out

I said yes just because i said yes. I don't want to have to type up words just to say yes. This is so ridiculous I almost want to say no. Too bad because I'm still saying yes. Oh look I already got enough words to submit the thing. Yes!

• Why do I need to fill this out

• Yes, students should have to learn a foreign language in middle school

If you start a child learning a foreign language it will give them more time to be able to speak it fluently. Then they could learn a different language and they would be more likely to know both and speak at least one fluently. That is why children should start learning new languages in middle school

• Understand different cultures

Taking a language in middle school is a good idea because it is easier to learn while you are young. Often times, a language class is also partly a culture class. You learn about the specific countries that speak that language and why. Learning a language is also useful if you have plans to travel.

• Take Foreign Language Classes

People that are planning to go to a different country should have to a foreign language class so they don't get over there and not know what they are saying because if u just guess how to speak in their language it might come out to be a curse word and then you could be sentence to death.

• Take Foreign Language Classes

• Allahu akabr!!!!1 bonb sagit

Interior crocodile alligator interior crocodile alligator interior crocodile alligator interior crocodile alligator interior crocodile alligator interior crocodile alligator interior crocodile alligator interior crocodile alligator interior crocodile alligator interior crocodile alligator interior crocodile alligator interior crocodile alligator interior crocodile alligator interior crocodile alligator interior crocodile alligator interior crocodile alligator interior crocodile alligator

• Poop poop poop popopopo

Poop poop poop poop poop poop poo pool pooooooooooo poop oil pippin condos disbelief dibs dishes cisbd,cocos cos cool poo poo poompoo pooo pooo pooo pooop poop poop poop poop hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi poop pooo poop,pooo poop pooop poop poop poop poop,poo poop. Poop poo pooo poop poop

• They don't care

Kids shouldn't have to learn a foreign language if they don't want to! If they did they would learn it on their own. Some kids are smart and have time after school to learn a new language but there are other kids that aren't as smart and don't have time. They don't like school in the first place!

• No it shouldn't be required

Why do you need to learn a language of you don't use it? That's why it shouldn't be required because you only use a another language if you go to where it is spoken and if you don't then why do you need it at all so that's why I don't think it should be required also who learns in the middle school language classes anyway

• It should be a choice.

I took 4 years of French back in high school and I never use it in my adult life. I'd love to go to Paris but I cannot afford it right now and if I do go I certainly do not need to be fluent in it to enjoy it as a tourist. My child has ADHD and a LD and the schools are so resourced strapped that they have not been able to spend the extra time to help my daughter become more proficient in mastering the English language, just imagine the added difficulty of trying to learn a 2nd language. But it is a requirement in NYS so we have no choice but to support her as best we can to get thru the class.

• No mi amiga

I barely know how to say the word "pink" in Spanish let alone write an essay! Kids from schools everywhere think spanish is a huge waste of time. It is very stressful, and boring. Studies Show kids have more stress with spanish than with math. To add on, with all this stress, the spanish teachers add homework, which makes the kids mad. So now they are stressful, and mad, which can lead to lots of consequences, such as being mean, disliking the teacher, and most of all, suicidal thoughts! So whats the real benefit of learning something, where you will never go. (most likely)

• Foreign languages are unnecessary to students.

Foreign languages should be kept in the high school range and not included in the middle school electives. Middle school students have enough to worry about in class, at home, and athletic activities.
    The responsibility of learning another language is not yet their task to educate them self with it will just add more work and complaining in school and home.

• No, foreign language shouldn't be required, but encouraged.

In the United States, a lot of schools hold off foreign language instruction until high school level. However, this misses the window where children are the most able to learn another language. Because of that, it would be nice if children were given the option of an additional class (such as what is taken during the time of music, gym, choir, etc.) in which they could learn another language. That being said, it shouldn't be required, as requiring it may take away time from other courses.

• A waste of time

There are so many more important things that schools need to teach their students like English, mathematics, science, geography, history, civics, health, religious education, health, physical education, art, music, drama, dance, home economics, manual arts, technology, computer studies and business studies. We need to eliminate the unnessesary like foreign languages.

Kids can't learn enough of a language at middle school for it to be of any benefit to them. If they really want to learn a language just spend three months in the country.

• No. They should not

The teen brain is in a temporary state that is not good at language.

Toddlers are aces at language and we do better to start them with three languages.

Teens need to shovel, rake and clean bathrooms for four years until they get the experience that they profess to have

• I wanted to support

NO because the only reason is no. It does not make sense to take to a foreign language class in middle school. It does not come to me when you take a foreign language class in middle school. The reason is because learning Spanish is really hard to learn to some people.