Should middle school students be allowed to date?

• Yeah!, of course they should.

Yes because my girlfriend helps me with a lot of things. She helps me when I'm stressed or worried and makes me happy when I'm sad. Middle schoolers who date don't usually kiss and all that. We don't take it too far. So I say yea. In middle school, kids go through puberty and are attracted to each other you can't stop it. So yes I think they should

• Of course you should be able to date

Boys like girls and girls like boys that's how it works I you date someone you may not be serious about it and just be friends but call each other bf and gf it doesn't really matter at all. I'm in 6th grade and I had 5 gf u must be thinking what a man slut but it doesn't even mean much

• Yes they should be able too

I am 12 and I have a boyfriend. But my parents don't allow it they don't understand all of these answers are great. I guess they just don't trust me, even if they don't last they are preparing is for when we do have a actual relationship. And lots of people have married their middle school boyfriends or girlfriends..I think middle schoolers should be able to have a boyfriend or girlfriend

• Yeah!!! Of course!!

I'm 12 and I have a boyfriend people shouldn't tell you what to do in life. Life's shiort live it the way you want not they way other people think you should.
    Also love has no limits they only limits it has is the ones YOU put on it❤️ And thats my opinion

• Definitely, Yeah of course!

Why? Because kids these age need to learn how to handle things like dating. This is to prepare them for the life ahead after school, so when your married....You won't have to worry about it. I am in 8th grade,Andre and I have a beautiful girl! In my class. Yes I

• Why is this even an argument?

Of course middle schoolers should be allowed to date, the awkward first kisses, first dates, etc will help them with future relationships. It's healthy for pre-teens and teens to feel attracted to one another as they're going through puberty and the hormones are affecting how they think. They should not be having sex at such a young age but developing clean and simple relationships is not harmful to them.

• Yes, I believe Middle School kids should date

I am a currently senior student in high school. I started dating when I was in 6 grade, all of those years in relationships taught me many valuable things about different relationships, such as not to commit suicide after a relationship is over, not to stress myself over a " simple relationship", and to always be prepare for various relationships problems. There are many evidences that kids who get into relationships at age 16 and up, they are most likely to commit suicide because they haven't experience anything with relationships yet and they are most likely to do drugs, alcohol etc. Therefore, I strongly believe that kids should experiences different types of relationships because it helps them to learn from their own mistakes.

• Yes, they should.

I am currently in junior high, and I am well beyond my other classmates, so i end up seeing things from an outward perspective while still being able to relate to them, most people in relationships here end up being more mature. While there is that small group that ends up badly, most of it ends up helping students become more ready for future relationships.

• Yeah they should

Most of you say they won't be mature, but what about the teenagers that are mature. I myself had a boyfriend when I was 14 and it had lasted 2 years and we were both very mature. My grades were not jeopardized and there wasn't drama. I think middle schoolers should have this experience

• Yes! Middle school children can and should be allowed to date!

Middle school is the time where kids start to form feelings about other people. I am a 7th grade kid, and I am speaking from experience. My 6th grade year, I started to like this girl. We will refer to her as A. A was the first girl I had ever liked. I didn't know how to go about this, and frankly, I was a jerk! I was rude, and we broke up 2 times. Our parents both monitor, and monitored us. They knew, and the verdict was we could have any kind of relationship we want, up to a point. I learned a lot from A, and we are together again. After learning to talk things out, we have a solid relationship! The things I learned from her are so valuable, and even if we don't stay together, I'm glad I learned them.

• Most certainly not.

In middle school, children are still extremely immature and often cannot make decisions effectively. I am currently in the eighth grade, and the majority of my peers are unintelligent and lack any form of self-control. It is obvious none of them should be dating other children, considering how immature they are. Middle school dating shouldn't be an option.

• Research proves it to be damaging.

According to scientific research, kids who began dating before the age of 14 were 80% more likely to become addicted to marijuana and alcohol. Most of the evaluated middle school daters had been divorced at least once. Because of the evidence, I don't think that middle school students should date.

• Why I think middle schoolers should not date

I'm 13 years old I have a cousin only 11 or 10 she looks like a teenager sadly she is wild she has been dating high school boys and saying sexual things and she got a sext before. I don't think ALL middle schoolers should date until they know why they should not have sex until marriage ( STDs heart breaks pregnancy) or anything like that.Sadly "SOME" kids don't think that way(The part about my cousin really is true I don't think I would like to make this up do you?)

• No, these relationships don't last and they don't end well.

I think the only reason kids do this is because they want to feel older. I have seen kids who want to grow up too soon and just ask the cutest guy or girl out on a date. 2 weeks later, they split up because one of the realizes that the other person wasn't what they were looking for, and it breaks the other person's heart. Some guys also only ask out a girl because their friends have girlfriends, and it's just stupid at that age. It's an experience that middle schooler don't have the time to go through, and it isn't worth it.

• What Could You Define By "Date"

Truly, As first hand experience from when I was in middle school, kids went out because they wanted to feel popular, older, and important. But how as a middle schooler can you really date?

1) Majority Of parents would not approve of their kids going somewhere with another peer for the purpose of "dating" unsupervised. So unless you would like your mom to accompany you, and that is never a good idea, then you can't go anywhere.

2) You could sneak out, but not only that if you get caught, we will be in big trouble, but you know deep inside that this would not be the right thing do. It would additionally look very immature to sneak out. Not even to mention sneaking out for a what I call a 2 day relationship.

3) Many places older teens and adults may go, middle schoolers would not be permitted in. So even if your parents decided you can go somewhere, where are you gonna go? Have a 'ramantic' night out at McDonalds?

To add, kids in middle school are neither physiologically, mentally, physically, emotionally, or sexually mature to participate in a relationship. Most 6th graders would just ask out another "cute" even though they do not have emotional appeal for them at all. You just want to look good. Many don't even want to date, but want "popularity" more than comfort. Do you know how shallow this is????? REALLY?! Kids have more to their dignity than this.

Lastly, all middle school, and most high school, most college, and even beyond relationships lead to break up, which leads to depression, sadness, or anxiety about their social life or what other people think about them. Then, depression may lead to drug & alchohol and DO NOT get me started on that. It is also shown that middle school kids who date care much more about their social life than academic life, which causes their grades to plummet.

So kids, please read this carefully and thoughtfully and I hope you realize that dating is not a good option for your self-esteem, comfort, health. Stick to friends and candy and puppies. Good luck!

• I love you, nope to young!

I am a middle schooler and I totally agree that we should not be dating, see my best friend just got a boyfriend, her crush and they are already saying they love each other, us as kids should still live the life and not go to fast and start having sexuall things with your classmate! Yes people say love has no stop but think about, letting a kid who watches movies that include love like Disney are showing that love at first sight is true. People also say that dating young is good because they can see on in the future and when they get serious but normally kids would brake and separate, not because of parents but because of REALITY! There is more to life than love and dating at 12 or younger, not only that but dating to help on friendship is a bad idea imagine once they brake up it will brake the hearts and just make the friendship awkward.

• No, they definitely shouldn't!

Middle schooler just aren't mature enough. Their brains haven't matured yet. They date mostly to have someone to do inappropriate stuff with. Their "dating" last a few weeks and then they break up, leaving someone heartbroken. I have a friend in middle school, and she claims that she's had more heartbreak than any other female! That's simply no healthy.

• They are kids; please let them be kids.

Words cannot say how much I regret my first boyfriend, whom I dated in eighth-ninth grade. My parents told me I myself was mature well beyond my age, which I don't know is true, but didn't think my boyfriend was. They were right about that. Rule of thumb, children: if your parents don't approve, that's a sign for you to run. My boyfriend was an immature child who thought he was so mature because he wanted the relationship to escalate FAR beyond what I wanted. Now, I'm not saying you can't be friends with the gender you're attracted to. Some of my best friends are guys and we never had to put up with drama involving us two. Cut the drama and heartache--believe me, as a pea-sized brain fifteen year old...It's not worth it.

• Dating is a stage in a relationship where you find out if this person is some one you would consider marrying.

At the age of twelve or thirteen , how many kids are thinking about legitimately marrying someone? I also think it is one thing to send texts or something along the lines of that, but when you are kissing and "other stuff" that I won't get into, it is a serious thing that kids shouldn't get into.

• Too much Heartbreaks

I have seen one to many girls cry because their boyfriend dumped them. My friend has been rejected by her crush. These feelings are too complicated for 6th graders. I have seen the pressure that boys go into at a school dance. They should concentrate on being a kid and being yourself instead of pressuring themselves to ask the opposite gender out or to the school dance.