Should middle school students be allowed to date?

• Yeah!, of course they should.

Yes because my girlfriend helps me with a lot of things. She helps me when I'm stressed or worried and makes me happy when I'm sad. Middle schoolers who date don't usually kiss and all that. We don't take it too far. So I say yea. In middle school, kids go through puberty and are attracted to each other you can't stop it. So yes I think they should

• Yeah!!! Of course!!

I'm 12 and I have a boyfriend people shouldn't tell you what to do in life. Life's shiort live it the way you want not they way other people think you should.
    Also love has no limits they only limits it has is the ones YOU put on it❤️ And thats my opinion

• Of course you should be able to date

Boys like girls and girls like boys that's how it works I you date someone you may not be serious about it and just be friends but call each other bf and gf it doesn't really matter at all. I'm in 6th grade and I had 5 gf u must be thinking what a man slut but it doesn't even mean much

• Yes they should be able too

I am 12 and I have a boyfriend. But my parents don't allow it they don't understand all of these answers are great. I guess they just don't trust me, even if they don't last they are preparing is for when we do have a actual relationship. And lots of people have married their middle school boyfriends or girlfriends..I think middle schoolers should be able to have a boyfriend or girlfriend

• Of course they should be allowed to date.

Middle schoolers need to learn how to be in a relationship so they are prepared for the future. Also, if they are in love, nobody has the right to go against that. And when you are in middle school, it can be really fun to be in love with someone!

• I have a boyfriend

I am 13 and have a great relationship with an awesome guy that makes me feel good about myself and helps me when i am in a bad situation with someone. In some ways he is nicer to me than my other friends and seems to respect me and my boundaries better.

• I have a boyfriend

• Yes, they should be allowed to date.

Love has no boundaries. At a young age, they would think that a relationship is like somewhat preparing them for the future when they do get serious. They are also thinking on what to expect and how to deal with it if things in the relationship go downhill. That's all I have to say.

• Yes they should be able to date

I think middle schoolers shoud be able to date because its time for them to handle having a boyfriend/girlfriend and because its theyre choice not the schools choice.Also the parent should not be advised because its the childs choice to have a boyfriend and this is getting annoying cause parents don't think your responsible enough to handle having a partner .

• Yes, middle school students be allowed to date

I think kids should learn the development of relationships at an early age so they are prepared better for the actual thing in the future. I believe that relationships in middle school are a good demo run to prepare students for relationships that may form in the future. This is a great way to start the adult process of growing up.

• Most certainly not.

In middle school, children are still extremely immature and often cannot make decisions effectively. I am currently in the eighth grade, and the majority of my peers are unintelligent and lack any form of self-control. It is obvious none of them should be dating other children, considering how immature they are. Middle school dating shouldn't be an option.

• Research proves it to be damaging.

According to scientific research, kids who began dating before the age of 14 were 80% more likely to become addicted to marijuana and alcohol. Most of the evaluated middle school daters had been divorced at least once. Because of the evidence, I don't think that middle school students should date.

• Why I think middle schoolers should not date

I'm 13 years old I have a cousin only 11 or 10 she looks like a teenager sadly she is wild she has been dating high school boys and saying sexual things and she got a sext before. I don't think ALL middle schoolers should date until they know why they should not have sex until marriage ( STDs heart breaks pregnancy) or anything like that.Sadly "SOME" kids don't think that way(The part about my cousin really is true I don't think I would like to make this up do you?)

• No, these relationships don't last and they don't end well.

I think the only reason kids do this is because they want to feel older. I have seen kids who want to grow up too soon and just ask the cutest guy or girl out on a date. 2 weeks later, they split up because one of the realizes that the other person wasn't what they were looking for, and it breaks the other person's heart. Some guys also only ask out a girl because their friends have girlfriends, and it's just stupid at that age. It's an experience that middle schooler don't have the time to go through, and it isn't worth it.

• What Could You Define By "Date"

Truly, As first hand experience from when I was in middle school, kids went out because they wanted to feel popular, older, and important. But how as a middle schooler can you really date?

1) Majority Of parents would not approve of their kids going somewhere with another peer for the purpose of "dating" unsupervised. So unless you would like your mom to accompany you, and that is never a good idea, then you can't go anywhere.

2) You could sneak out, but not only that if you get caught, we will be in big trouble, but you know deep inside that this would not be the right thing do. It would additionally look very immature to sneak out. Not even to mention sneaking out for a what I call a 2 day relationship.

3) Many places older teens and adults may go, middle schoolers would not be permitted in. So even if your parents decided you can go somewhere, where are you gonna go? Have a 'ramantic' night out at McDonalds?

To add, kids in middle school are neither physiologically, mentally, physically, emotionally, or sexually mature to participate in a relationship. Most 6th graders would just ask out another "cute" even though they do not have emotional appeal for them at all. You just want to look good. Many don't even want to date, but want "popularity" more than comfort. Do you know how shallow this is????? REALLY?! Kids have more to their dignity than this.

Lastly, all middle school, and most high school, most college, and even beyond relationships lead to break up, which leads to depression, sadness, or anxiety about their social life or what other people think about them. Then, depression may lead to drug & alchohol and DO NOT get me started on that. It is also shown that middle school kids who date care much more about their social life than academic life, which causes their grades to plummet.

So kids, please read this carefully and thoughtfully and I hope you realize that dating is not a good option for your self-esteem, comfort, health. Stick to friends and candy and puppies. Good luck!

• I love you, nope to young!

I am a middle schooler and I totally agree that we should not be dating, see my best friend just got a boyfriend, her crush and they are already saying they love each other, us as kids should still live the life and not go to fast and start having sexuall things with your classmate! Yes people say love has no stop but think about, letting a kid who watches movies that include love like Disney are showing that love at first sight is true. People also say that dating young is good because they can see on in the future and when they get serious but normally kids would brake and separate, not because of parents but because of REALITY! There is more to life than love and dating at 12 or younger, not only that but dating to help on friendship is a bad idea imagine once they brake up it will brake the hearts and just make the friendship awkward.

• No, they definitely shouldn't!

Middle schooler just aren't mature enough. Their brains haven't matured yet. They date mostly to have someone to do inappropriate stuff with. Their "dating" last a few weeks and then they break up, leaving someone heartbroken. I have a friend in middle school, and she claims that she's had more heartbreak than any other female! That's simply no healthy.

• They are kids; please let them be kids.

Words cannot say how much I regret my first boyfriend, whom I dated in eighth-ninth grade. My parents told me I myself was mature well beyond my age, which I don't know is true, but didn't think my boyfriend was. They were right about that. Rule of thumb, children: if your parents don't approve, that's a sign for you to run. My boyfriend was an immature child who thought he was so mature because he wanted the relationship to escalate FAR beyond what I wanted. Now, I'm not saying you can't be friends with the gender you're attracted to. Some of my best friends are guys and we never had to put up with drama involving us two. Cut the drama and heartache--believe me, as a pea-sized brain fifteen year old...It's not worth it.

• Dating is a stage in a relationship where you find out if this person is some one you would consider marrying.

At the age of twelve or thirteen , how many kids are thinking about legitimately marrying someone? I also think it is one thing to send texts or something along the lines of that, but when you are kissing and "other stuff" that I won't get into, it is a serious thing that kids shouldn't get into.

• Too much Heartbreaks

I have seen one to many girls cry because their boyfriend dumped them. My friend has been rejected by her crush. These feelings are too complicated for 6th graders. I have seen the pressure that boys go into at a school dance. They should concentrate on being a kid and being yourself instead of pressuring themselves to ask the opposite gender out or to the school dance.