Should middle school students get paid for good grades?

• Yes, it encourages performance.

Yes, middle school students should get paid for good grades, because paying students encourages good work. In the real world, people get paid for going to work. In the real world, people who do the best job get promoted or get a bonus. Paying students sends a good message to them that accomplishments pay off.

• Yep yep yep

It will encourage kids to work harder and after 8 hours of school u got homework its tiring and stressful so they need something to motivate them to keep up the good work. Thats what i think yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep

• Yes I agree

In my opinion, I think, i believe that it will motivate kids to work harder and make them want to learn if they will get paid. Also kids who live in bad parts of cities or other places will have a better shot in the future with jobs and money and even college to think about.\

• They should get paid

They learn how to save money how hard it is to get money. Some kids might get 100% on all there grades they want to do well and get money.
    It seems selfish. But the other side we are we get paid buy education learning is what we get paid for I am for both sides mostly because i want to save up and get something

• Yes they should.

It is because it is a very good motivation. Kids do a lot of work to get good grades and they stress and parents always nag us so yes if we get money it tells us we did good. We could feel a little relieved. For children who have good behavior and bad grades it might give them the hint that "um my parents are giving money even I have bad grades therefore I should work harder and increase my grades". Although kids are supposed to get good grades money can be a very good motivation. When children spend money carelessly and run out of money they will run out of money they will have to work hard to achieve even better grades to get money.In addition to those people who say stupid people there is no such thing as stupid people only lazy people. While some people debate children should not be paid because it is their civic duty I say children get stress from knowing they are not passing their class, so when they get money it is another way of getting out of stress telling them they improved.

• Yes they should.

Kids want to feel like they are getting a reward for their hard work. Having to stay at school for 8 hours a day and still do homework after school is very tiring and stressful, so the students need something to help and motivate them to keep up the good work.

• It would encourage them to work harder,

With the motivation of getting good grades and getting paid, it would help give the push that students need to do better in academic activities, as well as preserving the learning environment that really is essential for their future, when they get a job and would be more likely to get along with their fellow co-workers.

• Why wouldn't you

Giving students money for their hard work and efforts is a good thing I wouldn't expect them to get tons of money, but a dollar for every A would encourage the kid to learn how to have a real job. At a job you get paid for working hard why shouldn't you get paid at school

• Kids should be paid

When I was in middle school. I didn't work as hard as I needed to. However if I had known there was going to have money involve, I would have work a lot harder. Parents why shouldn't middle school kids not have money. It's like saying middle without school. These children need money then they wouldn't have to ask their parents just for ten dollars to go to some place. We need the parents who not only care for their child but wants them to have money

• Kids should be paid

• Middle school students should not get paid for good grades.

Students are required to attend classes, and they should not get paid for doing their civic duty. Students should not have to worry about money and money should not be used as an incentive for good grade. Also, this would be an unfair punishment for stupid students who can't get good grades.

• No not from the schools

The schools should not pay any student for good grades. If the parents of the middle school child wants to give them an incentive to get good grades that is fine, however for the school to be involved in this would only lead to a lot of issues down the road.

• Less fun money for mom dad

After getting good grades you will expect more money that mom or dad might not have moms that do this give their children 1,000 dollars a year for C's not good very bad less fun less food less everything just get a job do chores or something else just not this

• No because it will end up costing you more

According to the us dept of agriculture it will cost a middle-income couple just over $245,00 to raise a child born in 2013 to the age of 18 that is about $13,611.12 a year per year plus more the longer they live with you that is a lot of money

• The model is untenable

It is not an affordable solution, and likely wouldn't work anyhow. I saw a case study, and all this did was demoralize the students that weren't doing as well, and had no impact on the middle of the road folks. As well, it sets a really bad precedent. Education needs to be seen as an end in and of itself. If people only learn because they are payed to learn, then how will you be able to get them to pay for upgrading education and training to become functional members of the world?

• There would be no school because they would be paying you so they cannot pay for the school building or the teachers

F rf f f f ff ff fff ff f ff f f f f f f f f f h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hhh