Should middle school students get paid for good grades?

• Yes, it encourages performance.

Yes, middle school students should get paid for good grades, because paying students encourages good work. In the real world, people get paid for going to work. In the real world, people who do the best job get promoted or get a bonus. Paying students sends a good message to them that accomplishments pay off.

• Yep yep yep

It will encourage kids to work harder and after 8 hours of school u got homework its tiring and stressful so they need something to motivate them to keep up the good work. Thats what i think yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep

• Yes I agree

In my opinion, I think, i believe that it will motivate kids to work harder and make them want to learn if they will get paid. Also kids who live in bad parts of cities or other places will have a better shot in the future with jobs and money and even college to think about.\

• They should get paid

They learn how to save money how hard it is to get money. Some kids might get 100% on all there grades they want to do well and get money.
    It seems selfish. But the other side we are we get paid buy education learning is what we get paid for I am for both sides mostly because i want to save up and get something

• Yes they should.

It is because it is a very good motivation. Kids do a lot of work to get good grades and they stress and parents always nag us so yes if we get money it tells us we did good. We could feel a little relieved. For children who have good behavior and bad grades it might give them the hint that "um my parents are giving money even I have bad grades therefore I should work harder and increase my grades". Although kids are supposed to get good grades money can be a very good motivation. When children spend money carelessly and run out of money they will run out of money they will have to work hard to achieve even better grades to get money.In addition to those people who say stupid people there is no such thing as stupid people only lazy people. While some people debate children should not be paid because it is their civic duty I say children get stress from knowing they are not passing their class, so when they get money it is another way of getting out of stress telling them they improved.

• Yes they should.

Kids want to feel like they are getting a reward for their hard work. Having to stay at school for 8 hours a day and still do homework after school is very tiring and stressful, so the students need something to help and motivate them to keep up the good work.

• It would encourage them to work harder,

With the motivation of getting good grades and getting paid, it would help give the push that students need to do better in academic activities, as well as preserving the learning environment that really is essential for their future, when they get a job and would be more likely to get along with their fellow co-workers.

• Why wouldn't you

Giving students money for their hard work and efforts is a good thing I wouldn't expect them to get tons of money, but a dollar for every A would encourage the kid to learn how to have a real job. At a job you get paid for working hard why shouldn't you get paid at school

• Kids should be paid

When I was in middle school. I didn't work as hard as I needed to. However if I had known there was going to have money involve, I would have work a lot harder. Parents why shouldn't middle school kids not have money. It's like saying middle without school. These children need money then they wouldn't have to ask their parents just for ten dollars to go to some place. We need the parents who not only care for their child but wants them to have money

• Kids should be paid

• Middle school students should not get paid for good grades.

Students are required to attend classes, and they should not get paid for doing their civic duty. Students should not have to worry about money and money should not be used as an incentive for good grade. Also, this would be an unfair punishment for stupid students who can't get good grades.

• No not from the schools

The schools should not pay any student for good grades. If the parents of the middle school child wants to give them an incentive to get good grades that is fine, however for the school to be involved in this would only lead to a lot of issues down the road.

• The model is untenable

It is not an affordable solution, and likely wouldn't work anyhow. I saw a case study, and all this did was demoralize the students that weren't doing as well, and had no impact on the middle of the road folks. As well, it sets a really bad precedent. Education needs to be seen as an end in and of itself. If people only learn because they are payed to learn, then how will you be able to get them to pay for upgrading education and training to become functional members of the world?

• There would be no school because they would be paying you so they cannot pay for the school building or the teachers

F rf f f f ff ff fff ff f ff f f f f f f f f f h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hhh

• I'd love to have money, but...

Even 1 dollar for one A would be insane to the school. Assume 80 kids per grade, and there are 12 grades, Thats 960 per A. For those who do really good will easily get the school to become out of money. If you were not always good in math, I will give another example. Lets assume that there was 150 papers in one quarter, each student having 150 for all their classes. Straight As would be 960*150 is an insane 144000. Multiply that for the entire year of 4 quarters, 144000*4=576000! That kind of money is plain insane for just one year. And that is just one school. If there were 50 schools in one area, that easily exceeds 1 million. And remember, this is only 1 year with only $1 per A. Taxpayers would be screwed completely. Even if it were a penny for an a, that would still be $5760 which is an insane amount of money for 1 year provided that the other stuff was in effect. Also, there are more than 80 kids per grade, and way over 150 papers in one quarter, I get it. However, even those numbers would make the taxpayers lose so much money.

• Children shouldn't be payed for good grades.

I believe that kids shouldn't get paid for good grades. Firstly, if you reward them by paying them then they won't be learning for the right reasons. You learn in school so you can become more knowledge and therefor do better in tests and get a good job when your older. School isn't just about becoming smarter though, it's also about developing character and discovering what person you want to be. The reward of learning should be enough for any child in school so therefor there is no need to give them the reward of money also. Some people might say that it would help encourage kids to study more, but bringing money into the equation will just make things worse. Children will become fixated on the idea of getting money and when they are older they won't live happy lives because they are striving after money and won't stop and enjoy life while they can. Giving them other rewards might suffice but I don't think it would do any good. Lastly, where is the money going to come from? Out of the schools' pocket or the parent's? Because from my experiences, neither of them have much money just lying around.