Should middle school students get paid for good grades?

• Yes, it encourages performance.

Yes, middle school students should get paid for good grades, because paying students encourages good work. In the real world, people get paid for going to work. In the real world, people who do the best job get promoted or get a bonus. Paying students sends a good message to them that accomplishments pay off.

• Yep yep yep

It will encourage kids to work harder and after 8 hours of school u got homework its tiring and stressful so they need something to motivate them to keep up the good work. Thats what i think yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep

• Yes I agree

In my opinion, I think, i believe that it will motivate kids to work harder and make them want to learn if they will get paid. Also kids who live in bad parts of cities or other places will have a better shot in the future with jobs and money and even college to think about.\

• Yes they should

I believe they should get money for good grades because I strongly believe that they should start saving up for college. Some kids save money for laptops and printers for school. That is good because they need these materials to succeed in life and do homework and assignments for school.

• Kids should be paid

Not everybody can pay for college for their children when the parents become empty nesters. Some students go on out-of-state field trips. Just for these reasons, I THINK STUDENTS SHOULD GET PAID FOR GETTING GOOD GRADES! JOIN THE FIGHT FOR STUDENTS GETTING PAID! Help me convince the others to say yes as well!

• Yes they should get paid

Students should get paid for good grades. It will encourage them to work harder and give their best efforts in school. This will mean that students will get better GPA's in middle school. Students will also be less dependent on their parent's money. It may also teach students to be more responsible.

• They should get paid

They learn how to save money how hard it is to get money. Some kids might get 100% on all there grades they want to do well and get money.
    It seems selfish. But the other side we are we get paid buy education learning is what we get paid for I am for both sides mostly because i want to save up and get something

• Yes they should.

It is because it is a very good motivation. Kids do a lot of work to get good grades and they stress and parents always nag us so yes if we get money it tells us we did good. We could feel a little relieved. For children who have good behavior and bad grades it might give them the hint that "um my parents are giving money even I have bad grades therefore I should work harder and increase my grades". Although kids are supposed to get good grades money can be a very good motivation. When children spend money carelessly and run out of money they will run out of money they will have to work hard to achieve even better grades to get money.In addition to those people who say stupid people there is no such thing as stupid people only lazy people. While some people debate children should not be paid because it is their civic duty I say children get stress from knowing they are not passing their class, so when they get money it is another way of getting out of stress telling them they improved.

• Yes they should.

Kids want to feel like they are getting a reward for their hard work. Having to stay at school for 8 hours a day and still do homework after school is very tiring and stressful, so the students need something to help and motivate them to keep up the good work.

• It would encourage them to work harder,

With the motivation of getting good grades and getting paid, it would help give the push that students need to do better in academic activities, as well as preserving the learning environment that really is essential for their future, when they get a job and would be more likely to get along with their fellow co-workers.

• Middle school students should not get paid for good grades.

Students are required to attend classes, and they should not get paid for doing their civic duty. Students should not have to worry about money and money should not be used as an incentive for good grade. Also, this would be an unfair punishment for stupid students who can't get good grades.

• No not from the schools

The schools should not pay any student for good grades. If the parents of the middle school child wants to give them an incentive to get good grades that is fine, however for the school to be involved in this would only lead to a lot of issues down the road.

• There would be no school because they would be paying you so they cannot pay for the school building or the teachers

F rf f f f ff ff fff ff f ff f f f f f f f f f h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hhh

• I'd love to have money, but...

Even 1 dollar for one A would be insane to the school. Assume 80 kids per grade, and there are 12 grades, Thats 960 per A. For those who do really good will easily get the school to become out of money. If you were not always good in math, I will give another example. Lets assume that there was 150 papers in one quarter, each student having 150 for all their classes. Straight As would be 960*150 is an insane 144000. Multiply that for the entire year of 4 quarters, 144000*4=576000! That kind of money is plain insane for just one year. And that is just one school. If there were 50 schools in one area, that easily exceeds 1 million. And remember, this is only 1 year with only $1 per A. Taxpayers would be screwed completely. Even if it were a penny for an a, that would still be $5760 which is an insane amount of money for 1 year provided that the other stuff was in effect. Also, there are more than 80 kids per grade, and way over 150 papers in one quarter, I get it. However, even those numbers would make the taxpayers lose so much money.

• Children shouldn't be payed for good grades.

I believe that kids shouldn't get paid for good grades. Firstly, if you reward them by paying them then they won't be learning for the right reasons. You learn in school so you can become more knowledge and therefor do better in tests and get a good job when your older. School isn't just about becoming smarter though, it's also about developing character and discovering what person you want to be. The reward of learning should be enough for any child in school so therefor there is no need to give them the reward of money also. Some people might say that it would help encourage kids to study more, but bringing money into the equation will just make things worse. Children will become fixated on the idea of getting money and when they are older they won't live happy lives because they are striving after money and won't stop and enjoy life while they can. Giving them other rewards might suffice but I don't think it would do any good. Lastly, where is the money going to come from? Out of the schools' pocket or the parent's? Because from my experiences, neither of them have much money just lying around.

• Creates more pressure

Students are already endeavoring to distinguish themselves among their peers and throwing money (not literally) (maybe not literally) into the mix will do nothing but cause the average to go from about B-C range to a B-A range. Students working for high school credits and scholarships (yes, in middle school) will have to set the bar higher for themselves- even though its already almost to far above them. Being recognized as a dedicated and hard working student will become the participation ribbon of middle school. Those who already work diligently and study as much as they can will feel the pressure of having to work even harder and spend more time on academics to be noticed, and this may not be possible for some. All in all, while raising overall grades has obvious benefits, it may cause a crash in the scholastic society.