Should middle school students have free seating at lunch?

Asked by: xxharley_dawnxx
  • Students should be able to sit by each other in lunch.

Students should be able to sit where they please in lunch. They should be allowed to do this because it lets them socialize before they start the end period class. If you you don't let them talk during that lunch time they will probably talk to their friends in class. Although we give up some of rights when we go to school it shouldn't mean that they dictate who we talk to. If schools got the choice of who we talk to where would be in the world. Another problem is if schools dictate where students sit we could end up having less people on the table thus making less friends.

• Free seating at lunch

I believe students should have free seating because it deprives students of a social skill they will need in life. There is only one good reason for assigned seating and that is to fight off bullying, but if someone would just give us middleschooler a chance we can show that there is way more kind souls than there are bullies.

• We should be able to!

I'm a 6th grader, and I have two friends that sit at a different table than me. Administrators say that they make us- FORCE us to sit at an assigned table say that it's for our own safety. But what do we need to be safe from?.. Exactly. Nothing! Are they afraid that we'll do some crazy crap or something? That's rediculous. Me- and MANY others- say "YES!"! We need to be able to sit wherever! IT'S A FREE COUNTRY!!!

• D d d

Fas fsdf dfffffdfdfffd ddffffff f f f f f ff f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff cuz we tryna talk to our homies

• We really should!!!!

YES PlZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ

• We need a choice of were to sit

I'm 12 years old and personally I feel that we should have free seating and when I say this I'm speaking for the kids who get bullied at lunch or the kids who never see their friends the whole day I was recently told by school officials that I must go back to my original assigned seat after getting permission to sit with them now I sit alone across the whole cafeteria from my friends in the same lunch period as the girl who hates me and one of my friends who I sat with is in the same situation we both sit alone like most of the kids in the cafeteria if we were allowed to sit were we wanted we would not be permitted to just socializing with certain people if we had free seating there's more likely of a chance that we would make more friends and on terms of how loud it could get if we chose are seats the staff can always set noise limits and if u reach it u could be punished that's why I would agree to free seating( forgive my horrendous grammar I'm a 7th grader)

• G b f

G z z z z z z z z z z z z zz z z z z z z z fn nfm f rhd x x x xx x x xx xxxxx xxxx x x x xz z z z z z z z z z z z z

• No we should not

It's pretty ridicoulous that people are even considering! It's the one time of day where you get to relax and sit with friends! At my school everyone has somewhere to sit? This is really dumb! Just stick with choosing where you are sitting. G g f f g g v

• Free seating can expand friendships and you can step out of your comfort zone and learn about all the other people in your grade

I think this because when people sit with different people, they know that they can trust that person and they can step out of their comfort zone. Also, it expands life skills. Like manners or responsibility with sitting with newer people than you usually sit with. And when you have manners around people that you don't know that much, that it kind of sticks.

• Chose your seating

We need to let kids choose their seat because kids need to have to freedom to stay away from some or go to. Kids are getting less and less choices they will never be able to make it in the real world it they don't learn to make choices. Kids should be able to choose their spot.

• Yes this is why

This is America. FREEDOM!!! Freedom doesn't come in packages boxes or bags. It's earning the the students should have it as a basic right. Just sayin dudes. It true we need to slow down and pick who we want friends! Who's with me?? Yaaaaa! To be serious yes. We need to be able to pick.

• No, No and No!

Bullying happens! Lunch is very chaotic and when you place kids with friends, they might go crazy! You may also make new friends and you can also have fun sitting with people that you don't know. Our school did this and a lot of kids got in trouble for writing petitions! Such as... A boy with the initials FL, another boy with the initials JF and a girl with the initial GD

• Most kids will say that choosing seats is the best

Kids should be able to pick their seats because if someone gets embarrassed easily it would be hard for that person to meet new people. Also the percentages say exactly what I am talking about. 86% say yes and 14% say no. This just shows what kids would like during their lunch.

• It creates a wonderful environment for kids

I believe that there should be assigned seating during middle school lunches because it cuts down on bullying extremely as well as giving children the opportunity to create new bonds with others. It also gives you a new perspective on how lunch should be, it will make multiple new friendships some that last a lifetime

• We cant have fun

If we have lunch seats we cant have fun and we wont eat and get to know each other and that is stupid because we dont even get to talk and i am a third grader i think it should not be a thing it is stupid no more lunch seats

• Thats no fair

Its not fair because they need some time with there friends how would you like it if you did not get to sit next to your friends huh you would not like that i can tell you that and if you think it would be fun your wrong i can tell you that : )

• Kids should mix up where they sit at lunch.

This will help break up cliques and prevent bullying. You might say that there should be free seating because of needed social interaction, but that is what they will get when they don't have free seating. If you change up your seat each day, whether on purpose or not, then you will get to know everyone, not just their friends. I am now in JHS and from all my years at my school, I have only become friends with everyone because of assigned seating.
    ~TheBritishEmber

• Kids shouldn't be able to sit next to there friends

Kids that do not have friends do not make friends because the are left alone and then the kid is more likely to be alone for the rest of there life and if you want that to happen you are a bad person because kids should be able to make friends

• Kids should not sit wherever they want in the lunchroom.

Kids should mix up where they sit in the cafeteria. This can help break up cliques and prevent bullying. When kids change who they sit by each day, they get to know everyone, not just their friends. I am in JHS and from all my schooling experience from the past almost decade I have only gotten to know everyone that I know because of assigned seating.
    ~TheBritishEmber

• It will cause the destruction of the school

Assigned seats will help the kids interact with other students and they could possible make new friends. Assigned seats will bring students closer as friends. It will stop the destruction in the cafeteria. If the have free seating the will go crazy an bounce of the walls. Assigned seats is the answer