• Confidence and Comfort!!!

Many girls have trouble finding an outfit in the morning that has to be dress code appropriate which is hard especially if they have to buy new clothes through out the many seasons changing...Some girls feel as if the dress code is sexist because 99.9% of it doesn't apply to boys!!!Middle school girls should feel confident and comfortable in what they wear everyday...If they don't then there is a problem!!!At this age girls should learn to love their body and accept who they are on the inside and the outside... At some point EVERYONE has to love themselves!!!!!!!!

• We are not adults?

When has the excuse we are not adults ever been suitable excuse for anything other then jail time. Just because kids are not adults doesn't mean they should not act like adults. First point. Are you really dressing like yourself, or are you dressing like your friends who are copying professional models whose jobs are to look sexy. Second point. Girls say the fingertip rule is wrong and sexist, but have you ever seen many boys have shorts above their fingertips. Now imagine that a group of boys came to school in the clothes that middle school girls wore to school. I think that everyone should stop being sexist and have fashion for boys and for girls be the same. Now I am a boy and I know that khakis and jeans are not uncomfortable, and that leggings are uncomfortable from the few times I have worn them when I am out running. I also know that athletic shorts when it is normal or hot temperatures are not uncomfortable either. This proves the excuse of comfort invalid also.

• Yes they should

I think that middle schools would benefit more from having a dress code. Yeah it takes away a child's freedom of expression in the way of clothing choices, but it allows a better learning environment and takes away a little more from negative things like bullying and gangs. I think that uniforms do more good than harm.

• Yes middle schools should have dress codes.

I believe that middle schools should have dress codes. Dress codes are especially important at this age because the interest in the opposite sex is very high. Students need to dress appropriately so that their dress is not distracting in the classroom. The focus should be on lessons, not a shirt that's cut too low or a shirt that has obscene words on it.

• Yes they should.

I don't think the dress code should include uniforms, but middle schools should have some kind of dress code. Things like wearing shirts with profanities or skirts that are super short, should not be allowed. With Miley Cyrus so popular, girls would end up wearing a little bathing suit thing (whatever it is she wears).

• Yes, middle school is the new high school.

Middle school students are still childen in many ways, but in terms of their attitudes and dress styles, they are looking more and more like high school and older youngsters. So in order to keep things appropriate for learning and to minimize competition that some can't afford, a dress code is a good idea.

• Dress Codes are professional

Most adults have some sort of dress code in their professional life. Very few adults could wear whatever they wanted to work. This should also be true for students. A dress code helps promote a professional environment that helps kids see how their school life is like going to a job for an adult.

• Yes, A Dress Code Teaches Respect and Fairness

Parents want their children to be innovators, creative thinkers who find new
    ways of doing things. Yet they also want their kids to understand
    that they need to behave in a respectful manner and follow the same rules
    everyone else has to obey. So a moderate dress code makes sense. No
    suggestive wear and nothing that exposes a student’s underwear should be
    allowed. Clothing that glorifies violence, drugs or gangs should be forbidden
    too. The most permissive parents and the most indulged children should be
    able to agree with a code like that.

• Middle schools should have dress codes.

Middle school should have dress codes. The maintenance of a positive educational environment is essential, and fashion does have the potential to detract from this environment. With a dress code, students can focus less on their appearance and more on their education. This age group is especially volatile in terms of appearance and acceptance, and I believe a dress code would help to alleviate this problem.

• Im wearing tank tops on purpose

Im in middle school and the first time in my life I have ever broken the dress code was the first day of 7th grade I got away with it that one day but then the next I wore a tank top on purpose and i had to spend the entire day in the office. I was not happy because i know that there is nothing wrong with tank tops so to prove my point that there is not anything wrong with tank tops im wearing tank tops every day i can wear them.

• Not at all.

I'm a girl who attends middle school, and I can clearly see the sexism of dress codes. No short shirts, no short skirts, no tank tops, and no showing bra straps. Last time I checked, most of those things are cloths that only girls wear! But, I don't understand stand how those things are bad for girls to wear or show during school. Mostly teachers say that those clothes are distracting to boys. But teachers should not be teaching girls to cover up themselves so that boys can concentrate, because that makes girls think that something is wrong with them and that it's their fault that boys are distracted. No. That's not ok. Teachers should be teaching kids to focus on their school work and not to look at other students clothing. I do think that schools should ban shirts or other clothing that has racist or offensive words on it, but not the ones I previously listed. I don't think school officials mean for it to be sexist, but it certainly turns out to be.

• Not at all.

• Not at all.

• Confidence and Comfort!!!

• Just Be Respectful

I don't think middle schools should have dress codes. Middle schoolers know what's appropiate and what's not. If I want to where a tank top, not even a spaghetti strap one, I should be able to. It does show my bra strap but so what. Society shouldn't be teaching girls to cover up, it should be teaching men to be more respectful of women.

• Its not fair!

Me being myself am very tall but at the same time very skinny, its very hard to find long shorts for girls like my.Also in the winter time my mom will always go out and buy me long pants, she will come back with very cute but tight pants.When I wear them to school I am almost always stopped. I believe these rules are in a way sexist because none of them apply to boys

• Its not fair!

• I want to feel comfortable

To be honest, if a 40 year old man with a wife and three children is aroused by a 12 year old's shoulders, the 12 year old is not the problem Kids should be aloud to wear what is comfortable to them, whether that is pants and a sweater, or a tank top and shorts. That is all.

• I want to feel comfortable