• Responsibilities in the real world

Students need to be taught what the policies are for when they have a job. Students are dressing like they want to be the center of attention, while they should be focused on getting a good education. Professionals aren't going to wear see through clothes, shorts with their butts hanging out, or shirts that make their bra visible. Some dress codes may be unfair, but there still needs to be one. Middle school kids are dressing like flashy models, which isn't appropriate!

• Responsibilities in the real world

• Because people like to express there self with there clothes

Parent spend all this money on there kid and buy they nice clothes that they can't wear to school then there no point on buy them because the dress code that always most of the freedom you have and the laws say that every have the right and the dress code is taking away there right to express there self and to wear what they want to wear it's not like people are going to die if we don't have a dress code and look at the number alot of people don't like the dress now do the right thing and change the dress code be fair the us the people and do the right thing

• Confidence and Comfort!!!

Many girls have trouble finding an outfit in the morning that has to be dress code appropriate which is hard especially if they have to buy new clothes through out the many seasons changing...Some girls feel as if the dress code is sexist because 99.9% of it doesn't apply to boys!!!Middle school girls should feel confident and comfortable in what they wear everyday...If they don't then there is a problem!!!At this age girls should learn to love their body and accept who they are on the inside and the outside... At some point EVERYONE has to love themselves!!!!!!!!

• We are not adults?

When has the excuse we are not adults ever been suitable excuse for anything other then jail time. Just because kids are not adults doesn't mean they should not act like adults. First point. Are you really dressing like yourself, or are you dressing like your friends who are copying professional models whose jobs are to look sexy. Second point. Girls say the fingertip rule is wrong and sexist, but have you ever seen many boys have shorts above their fingertips. Now imagine that a group of boys came to school in the clothes that middle school girls wore to school. I think that everyone should stop being sexist and have fashion for boys and for girls be the same. Now I am a boy and I know that khakis and jeans are not uncomfortable, and that leggings are uncomfortable from the few times I have worn them when I am out running. I also know that athletic shorts when it is normal or hot temperatures are not uncomfortable either. This proves the excuse of comfort invalid also.

• Yes they should

I think that middle schools would benefit more from having a dress code. Yeah it takes away a child's freedom of expression in the way of clothing choices, but it allows a better learning environment and takes away a little more from negative things like bullying and gangs. I think that uniforms do more good than harm.

• Yes middle schools should have dress codes.

I believe that middle schools should have dress codes. Dress codes are especially important at this age because the interest in the opposite sex is very high. Students need to dress appropriately so that their dress is not distracting in the classroom. The focus should be on lessons, not a shirt that's cut too low or a shirt that has obscene words on it.

• Yes they should.

I don't think the dress code should include uniforms, but middle schools should have some kind of dress code. Things like wearing shirts with profanities or skirts that are super short, should not be allowed. With Miley Cyrus so popular, girls would end up wearing a little bathing suit thing (whatever it is she wears).

• Yes, middle school is the new high school.

Middle school students are still childen in many ways, but in terms of their attitudes and dress styles, they are looking more and more like high school and older youngsters. So in order to keep things appropriate for learning and to minimize competition that some can't afford, a dress code is a good idea.

• Dress Codes are professional

Most adults have some sort of dress code in their professional life. Very few adults could wear whatever they wanted to work. This should also be true for students. A dress code helps promote a professional environment that helps kids see how their school life is like going to a job for an adult.

• No no no that is not good

We should be able to wetre what ever we want and then thir is kids thst love some clotheing that can not be wore and they stress out for what to look for in my opinion it shall not be a thing toi worry about because if a guy abuses a girl because her clothung she is responsible for what she wears.

• No no no that is not good

• Let us wear what we want

Dress codes exist because people think boys will get detracted teach boys to be respectful don't stifle us. No one should be held back for the cloths they wear just let us wear what we want and let us be us.Schools are for teaching not controlling the students in the building.

• Dress code is stupid !!

Girls are tired of putting leggings under their ripped jeans so they wont get dress coded. Girls want to be comfortable and what is the point of what people are wearing at school, I thought school is about giving education and helping others to understand. And that's my opinion about dress code.

• Im wearing tank tops on purpose

Im in middle school and the first time in my life I have ever broken the dress code was the first day of 7th grade I got away with it that one day but then the next I wore a tank top on purpose and i had to spend the entire day in the office. I was not happy because i know that there is nothing wrong with tank tops so to prove my point that there is not anything wrong with tank tops im wearing tank tops every day i can wear them.

• Not at all.

I'm a girl who attends middle school, and I can clearly see the sexism of dress codes. No short shirts, no short skirts, no tank tops, and no showing bra straps. Last time I checked, most of those things are cloths that only girls wear! But, I don't understand stand how those things are bad for girls to wear or show during school. Mostly teachers say that those clothes are distracting to boys. But teachers should not be teaching girls to cover up themselves so that boys can concentrate, because that makes girls think that something is wrong with them and that it's their fault that boys are distracted. No. That's not ok. Teachers should be teaching kids to focus on their school work and not to look at other students clothing. I do think that schools should ban shirts or other clothing that has racist or offensive words on it, but not the ones I previously listed. I don't think school officials mean for it to be sexist, but it certainly turns out to be.

• Not at all.

• Not at all.