• We are not adults?

When has the excuse we are not adults ever been suitable excuse for anything other then jail time. Just because kids are not adults doesn't mean they should not act like adults. First point. Are you really dressing like yourself, or are you dressing like your friends who are copying professional models whose jobs are to look sexy. Second point. Girls say the fingertip rule is wrong and sexist, but have you ever seen many boys have shorts above their fingertips. Now imagine that a group of boys came to school in the clothes that middle school girls wore to school. I think that everyone should stop being sexist and have fashion for boys and for girls be the same. Now I am a boy and I know that khakis and jeans are not uncomfortable, and that leggings are uncomfortable from the few times I have worn them when I am out running. I also know that athletic shorts when it is normal or hot temperatures are not uncomfortable either. This proves the excuse of comfort invalid also.

• Yes they should

I think that middle schools would benefit more from having a dress code. Yeah it takes away a child's freedom of expression in the way of clothing choices, but it allows a better learning environment and takes away a little more from negative things like bullying and gangs. I think that uniforms do more good than harm.

• Yes middle schools should have dress codes.

I believe that middle schools should have dress codes. Dress codes are especially important at this age because the interest in the opposite sex is very high. Students need to dress appropriately so that their dress is not distracting in the classroom. The focus should be on lessons, not a shirt that's cut too low or a shirt that has obscene words on it.

• Yes they should.

I don't think the dress code should include uniforms, but middle schools should have some kind of dress code. Things like wearing shirts with profanities or skirts that are super short, should not be allowed. With Miley Cyrus so popular, girls would end up wearing a little bathing suit thing (whatever it is she wears).

• Yes, middle school is the new high school.

Middle school students are still childen in many ways, but in terms of their attitudes and dress styles, they are looking more and more like high school and older youngsters. So in order to keep things appropriate for learning and to minimize competition that some can't afford, a dress code is a good idea.

• Dress Codes are professional

Most adults have some sort of dress code in their professional life. Very few adults could wear whatever they wanted to work. This should also be true for students. A dress code helps promote a professional environment that helps kids see how their school life is like going to a job for an adult.

• Yes, A Dress Code Teaches Respect and Fairness

Parents want their children to be innovators, creative thinkers who find new
    ways of doing things. Yet they also want their kids to understand
    that they need to behave in a respectful manner and follow the same rules
    everyone else has to obey. So a moderate dress code makes sense. No
    suggestive wear and nothing that exposes a student’s underwear should be
    allowed. Clothing that glorifies violence, drugs or gangs should be forbidden
    too. The most permissive parents and the most indulged children should be
    able to agree with a code like that.

• Middle schools should have dress codes.

Middle school should have dress codes. The maintenance of a positive educational environment is essential, and fashion does have the potential to detract from this environment. With a dress code, students can focus less on their appearance and more on their education. This age group is especially volatile in terms of appearance and acceptance, and I believe a dress code would help to alleviate this problem.

• Just Be Respectful

I don't think middle schools should have dress codes. Middle schoolers know what's appropiate and what's not. If I want to where a tank top, not even a spaghetti strap one, I should be able to. It does show my bra strap but so what. Society shouldn't be teaching girls to cover up, it should be teaching men to be more respectful of women.

• Its not fair!

Me being myself am very tall but at the same time very skinny, its very hard to find long shorts for girls like my.Also in the winter time my mom will always go out and buy me long pants, she will come back with very cute but tight pants.When I wear them to school I am almost always stopped. I believe these rules are in a way sexist because none of them apply to boys

• Its not fair!

• I want to feel comfortable

To be honest, if a 40 year old man with a wife and three children is aroused by a 12 year old's shoulders, the 12 year old is not the problem Kids should be aloud to wear what is comfortable to them, whether that is pants and a sweater, or a tank top and shorts. That is all.

• I want to feel comfortable

• No,no,no no,no,no, NO

I refuse to obey rules that Encourage rape culture and keep our sexist society in place. Instead of forcing girls to cover up, people should teach boys not to over react. I don't think that my thighs,stomach,bra straps,or legs should be distracting. And teachers say that hats are distracting but not always and if they cause problems take me away from the people that are playing with them instead of everyone because for some people, hats are what make them feel special

• Beanies and any type of head-ware should be allowed as part of the dress code.

Beanies are a huge part of my life ever since I got a short haircut. I'm a boy and I used to have shaggy hair, but now that I got shorter haircut, my head gets cold easier than normal, especially since it's winter. Teachers at my school say we can't because we could hide illegal items in our hat but wouldn't the hat sag down or have an outline of the item. In my opinion, it's pretty stupid and silly

• Why is it needed

Why do us girls and boys need to have a dress code that's taking out our creativity and our life like girls we deserve to at least wear tights guys they deserve to wear their mussel tees why can't we out hair is like a blank canvas we can't do anything to so why.😶

• It violates student creativity and self expression as well as it being sexist.

Schools violate creativity and it is also sexist. The only reason dress code is put into effect is because guys get "distracted" WERE GIRLS NOT TOYS OR DISTRACTIONS!!!!!! Its not our fault we have what we have its in our nature. Dress code is not! It makes girls feel ashamed of there body.

• No whats the need

I believe that students should not have to wear uniforms. Uniforms take away our individuality. Confidence is much harder to achieve while wearing a uniform. Wearing them can get distracting during the day. Some schools say uniforms make us united as a school, but I don’t think they do anything but bother students. Simple rules instead of a uniform could easily be put in place.Instead of having uniforms I believe we should just have simple guidelines as to what we can and can’t wear. Part of being in school is learning to become responsible. How is telling us exactly what to wear teaching us responsibility. We should be able to know how we can and cannot dress without having the privilege completely taken away. Following the guidelines would help to make us responsible because when we get ready to have a career, our clothing will most likely not be completely decided for us. We will have to follow guidelines for that particular company. Having guidelines for how we dress will also help teach us to follow simple directions. With different rules in place we can reclaim our individuality.When wearing uniforms, it is a struggle to be an individual. Teachers are always saying how important it is to just be ourselves and not worry about what others might think. Having a uniform takes that away from us, and this may lead students to try to find other ways to be different. They might begin to act out so they stick out from the crowd. Without uniforms we can show everyone who we are through our clothes. Opinions shouldn’t be based solely on clothing of course, but clothing is a fun and easy way to show who are. Being different is huge part of being in school and I think we should be able to have the privilege of wearing what we want. It can also give us more confidence.

Confidence is a huge part of life especially for teens. Uniforms look different on everyone. Some people may feel they don’t look good in their school’s uniform. Because of this feeling, they worry all day long about what everyone else is thinking of them. Having confidence can be of great importance. Weather it’s a simple project presentation at school or a big job interview, confidence is key. While wearing uniforms, confidence is sometimes a hard thing to accomplish, but this isn’t the only distraction of wearing a uniform.