• Responsibilities in the real world

Students need to be taught what the policies are for when they have a job. Students are dressing like they want to be the center of attention, while they should be focused on getting a good education. Professionals aren't going to wear see through clothes, shorts with their butts hanging out, or shirts that make their bra visible. Some dress codes may be unfair, but there still needs to be one. Middle school kids are dressing like flashy models, which isn't appropriate!

• Responsibilities in the real world

• Because people like to express there self with there clothes

Parent spend all this money on there kid and buy they nice clothes that they can't wear to school then there no point on buy them because the dress code that always most of the freedom you have and the laws say that every have the right and the dress code is taking away there right to express there self and to wear what they want to wear it's not like people are going to die if we don't have a dress code and look at the number alot of people don't like the dress now do the right thing and change the dress code be fair the us the people and do the right thing

• Confidence and Comfort!!!

Many girls have trouble finding an outfit in the morning that has to be dress code appropriate which is hard especially if they have to buy new clothes through out the many seasons changing...Some girls feel as if the dress code is sexist because 99.9% of it doesn't apply to boys!!!Middle school girls should feel confident and comfortable in what they wear everyday...If they don't then there is a problem!!!At this age girls should learn to love their body and accept who they are on the inside and the outside... At some point EVERYONE has to love themselves!!!!!!!!

• We are not adults?

When has the excuse we are not adults ever been suitable excuse for anything other then jail time. Just because kids are not adults doesn't mean they should not act like adults. First point. Are you really dressing like yourself, or are you dressing like your friends who are copying professional models whose jobs are to look sexy. Second point. Girls say the fingertip rule is wrong and sexist, but have you ever seen many boys have shorts above their fingertips. Now imagine that a group of boys came to school in the clothes that middle school girls wore to school. I think that everyone should stop being sexist and have fashion for boys and for girls be the same. Now I am a boy and I know that khakis and jeans are not uncomfortable, and that leggings are uncomfortable from the few times I have worn them when I am out running. I also know that athletic shorts when it is normal or hot temperatures are not uncomfortable either. This proves the excuse of comfort invalid also.

• Yes they should

I think that middle schools would benefit more from having a dress code. Yeah it takes away a child's freedom of expression in the way of clothing choices, but it allows a better learning environment and takes away a little more from negative things like bullying and gangs. I think that uniforms do more good than harm.

• Yes middle schools should have dress codes.

I believe that middle schools should have dress codes. Dress codes are especially important at this age because the interest in the opposite sex is very high. Students need to dress appropriately so that their dress is not distracting in the classroom. The focus should be on lessons, not a shirt that's cut too low or a shirt that has obscene words on it.

• Yes they should.

I don't think the dress code should include uniforms, but middle schools should have some kind of dress code. Things like wearing shirts with profanities or skirts that are super short, should not be allowed. With Miley Cyrus so popular, girls would end up wearing a little bathing suit thing (whatever it is she wears).

• Yes, middle school is the new high school.

Middle school students are still childen in many ways, but in terms of their attitudes and dress styles, they are looking more and more like high school and older youngsters. So in order to keep things appropriate for learning and to minimize competition that some can't afford, a dress code is a good idea.

• Dress Codes are professional

Most adults have some sort of dress code in their professional life. Very few adults could wear whatever they wanted to work. This should also be true for students. A dress code helps promote a professional environment that helps kids see how their school life is like going to a job for an adult.

• We should not

People have been arguing whether or not schools should have a dress code. Most people think that schools should have a dress code. I think that schools should not have a dress code.
    Schools should not have a dress code because
    kids should know what is appropriate. It makes them ready for the real world. In the real world, when you are
    an adult no one is going to be there to pick out your outfit and make sure it is appropriate. Kids should be able to wear their own style without the dress code in the way.

• Idk why i'm doing this!!!

They are being Sexist to the ones that have to be told everyday that they are wearing something to "showing"!!! I think that next time I hear the announcements say teachers need to see they're students and send them to the office for what they are wearing, i'll reject and speak for myself!!

• Dress codes are sexist!!!!!

Every time I've been dress coded, I've never asked why. But the next time i am,i will ask why. It is not the girls fault that guys chose to look at my body instead of their work. Every time any girl is dress coded your telling her that, since its important to you and to boys that, it should be important to me. I have never gotten up in the morning and say will boys like this?

• They are sexist and Unfair!!

Dress codes are stating that our clothing is inappropriate and wrong, when maybe it is a little bit short, but it is NOT our fault if the boys choose to focus on our clothing instead of their work. Our clothing and ourselves should not be discriminated when it is never our fault that our clothing is too short. Also, these dress codes only focus on girls' clothing instead of boys, even if there is clearly something wrong with it! These dress codes in middle schools are extremely unfair and sexist to girls in middle AND high schools. And if it wasn't a big deal, then how come there is a whole hashtag about it on twitter and facebook?!

• I do not think Schools should have dress codes.

I think that there shouldn’t even be a dress code because some of the girls get dress coded that have leggings and then some don’t. We want to be comfortable in what we wear. Boys shouldn’t wear tight shirts and we shouldn’t wear things that you can see right through. Other then that I don’t get why we have a dress code. I mean I understand students get distracted from other students with their clothing choices, but it doesn’t happen all the time. Most of the students wear stuff that they could get dress coded in and they don't care because they are comfortable. I think boys should keep their eyes off us and we shouldn't be the one's getting dress coded for that.

• Why we should not have a dress.

We should not have a dress code because girls should be able to go to school and show their personalities through their clothing. And when the girls go out shopping they pick clothes that they love and the can't wear them to school. And most people think that the dress code is pointing to girls not boys.

• I don't like the dress code

I dont like the dress code.I am in middle school and us girls are getting together to bring down this dress code.I think the dress code it dumb is because it is based on how boys look at us girls.It's not the girls fault that boys get distracted easily.Plus how do princible's expect us to express ourselfves.Im trying to help girls bring the dress code down.Think of it this way every wedsdays we AB or A honor roll student get to get out of dress code.Boys would be wearing tank tops and some girls would be wearing crop tops,without an jaket covering.If we so much as go by a teacher they would say this is showing to much skin call home to wear something else.But then a boy comes along he walks by a teacher the teacher don't say nothing and he is not covering his tank top either.Think of also this way say your in math class your showing some skin and they have a tone body boys will look at you get distracted and won't be able to do our work.Also on jeans day you can wear any jeans you want but can't have no rippes or holes or be to tight.And they can't be jeagings.How does school tell us to exprise ourself but were in dress code.Even the slightest amount of skin that is showing will get you in trouble.That is the thing about dress code.If your wearing shoes they cant be over 2 inches you can't wear V-neck,you can wear navy bottoms but not navy tops.

• Dress codes enforce sexism and lower self esteem!

I'm currently a middle schooler who attends a school with a pretty lenient dress code, yet my peers and I are still pushing to make the dress code more lenient or to remove it altogether. Dress codes with multiple rules along the lines of "no skirts above the kneecap", "no spaghetti straps or tops that reveal bra straps", "no tops that expose the mid-section", etc. are typically aimed at young girls. However, rather than teaching a valuable lesson about what is considered acceptable in a professional workplace, the only affect this has is to burn into young girls' brains that they can't express themselves through clothes that might "distract boys". It teaches them that the only reason they should dress is make perverts more comfortable! If an adult man is staring at a 7th grader's butt, it is NOT the fault of the 7th grader who happens to be wearing leggings- it is the ADULT MAN'S. I cannot stress this enough! Children who spend their middle school career following strict dress codes spend their middle school career learning that it is acceptable for men to stare at women's bodies, and that in these cases, the men are the victims because the women are wearing "distracting clothes". Clothing is a form of self-expression, and telling girls what they can or cannot wear for the sake of helping others focus on schoolwork only lowers self esteem. It is always uncfomrtable, awkward, and frustrating for a teenage girl to be dress coded- not because they are apologetic, but because it's been revealed to them that someone has been staring at their body in an objectifying way. Lots of times, it's administrators or teachers ( I'm sorry, history teacher, but why is it my fault that you were fantasizing about my spaghetti straps? If seeing my SHOULDERS, god forbid, prevents you from teaching history lessons- why do I have to put on a sweatshirt?). Overall, dress codes lower girls' self esteem and victim blame teenage girls who were using clothes as a form of self expression- or just comfort!

• No no no that is not good

We should be able to wetre what ever we want and then thir is kids thst love some clotheing that can not be wore and they stress out for what to look for in my opinion it shall not be a thing toi worry about because if a guy abuses a girl because her clothung she is responsible for what she wears.

• No no no that is not good