• Stop the homework

Im in 7th Grade and i hate homework. It takes up too much time and so i can not do anything else thta i want to. And, before you say anything else, I am a A and B student and I am very smart. Homework is a bad idea. Its not good for us

• I think less homework

Kids are struggling and constantly not getting enough sleep! Also they have trouble,and they don't like it. Maybe they can finish in class or they shouldn't even have any. That's what i think about kids and not doing homework! Do whats right about homework,i really don't care ,its just an opinion!

• We get too much homework!!!😰

We stay up very late doing homework every night! And some people haven't long after school activities. They shouldn't ban homework but they should give less homework. Some kids stay up till like 12am to do homework I stay up till at least 10:30pm doing home work because I do dance 10hrs a week and most of it is during school week.

• I don't like it

I don't like homework. I play many sports and have practice everyday after school. I am to busy to do my work. Because the work helps my grades I have to do it. That requires me to stay up until about 10:30pm every night. And the next day I am very tired and the same thing happens every night. This is why I don't like homework.

• No more homework

Its not like we dont stay up till very early in the morning working on home work. Staying up late is bad bc you need to get sleep in order for your immune system to work properly. Home work also stresses out the teenagers and parents. When your a teenager you need to get a certain hours of sleep, but with home work you dont get all of the sleep you need for the next day.

• We get enough homework

We get enough homework as it is. I think we shouldn't get less homework. I think this because, well, middle schoolers need homework to have a good academic grade. I think high schoolers should get a break once and a while, but not us middle schoolers. In conclusion is say nay.

• There is too much homework

Some students get way too much homework and get to sleep after midnight and on weekends they wake up after noon. :( High schoolers in multiple states are sleep deprived and that's not cool. Sure 62% of students in the Windy City say that they either have too little homework or just enough but I want to know how much homework they have in Chicago

• Too much homework

Homework should not even be allowed in middle school because we stay up late and do it when we could be spending time with are family and playing out side with are friends doing awesome activities and hanging out. But instead we have to stay in and do dumb homework all day.

• No to homework

Sometimes I have to stay up until half 12 to do useless and unnecessary homework. It is a proven fact that homework increases stress levels! We already have enough on our plates like exams, books etc... We don't need this stupid homework on our plates like every day! Then when you actually put effort into your homework you are somehow rebuked by a teacher for "not adding enough detail" etc... It's very unfair!! Isn't 7 hours of school enough?! Also, it's a proven fact homework does not have an impact on whether you get an A* or a C! So homework is completely unnecessary!!!

• No, this is just abuse.

The author's comments:

Quotes This is a persuasive essay that i wrote for my language arts class. Quotes

When a student gets home they usually sit down at the table and pull out their homework. Piles of papers rise all the way to the ceiling. “Do I have to do all of this tonight? It’s due tomorrow, but I can’t finish this all in time!” the student complains. American students should get less homework on a daily basis because too much can cause a great deal of stress, too much time is required to complete it, and it impacts free time and sleep.

Too much homework can cause stress in a student and lead to health issues in the body and mind. Homework related anxiety and stress can affect school work negatively. Stress causes lack of sleep, slipping grades, fatigue, unhealthy eating habits, depression, and many more factors. According to a 2006 poll, 80 percent of teens don’t get the recommended amount of sleep. At least 28 percent fall asleep in school and 22 percent fall asleep doing homework(‘Summary Findings of the 2006 Sleep in America Poll’, www.nationalsleepfoundation,org). In the film Race to Nowhere, the people working on the film interview multiple students and many of them talk about having nervous breakdowns or being very stressed; some even talked about getting depressed because of all the homework in school and depression can even lead to suicide. Nervous breakdowns can make completing homework much more of a struggle and also effect the health and life of a student.

Kids are doing more than the recommended amount each night, with no academic benefits. The recommended amount is 10 minutes times the grade level, so first grade gets 10 minutes, second grade gets 20 minutes, third grade gets 30 minutes, and so on, but kids are doing much more than that. (Homework, www.wikipedia.org) Twenty three percent of 13-year-olds do more than 2 hours a night. The more the students do, the less they get out of doing it. There is no academic benefit for high school students after 2 hours and there are no academic benefits for middle school students after 1 and a half hours. (‘As Homework Grows, So Do Arguments Against It’, www.washingtonpost.com)

Doing homework all night can take away a student's free time and sleep. Always doing homework can lead to less family time and less time for activities. It creates less time for sports and after school activities. Family time is also decreased which can add more family conflict. Hanging out with friends is decreased, so that means there is less socializing. Staying up late and doing homework takes away a student’s time to sleep. Sleep deprivation can cause stress and many more factors. Not enough sleep can leave a student tired, and at school they might focus less or fall asleep during class. Then the student gets in trouble for falling asleep. Homework is taking away a students childhood, no one wants that, do they?

• Less homework please :d

Some kids stay up very late. To do homework I for one once stayed up till 3 A.M to finish my homework. Also we need a break because if we stay up to late we are going to get sleepy in class and fall asleep so that's why. I think we should have less homework

• We get enough homework