Should military be extinguished as an organization?

Asked by: BrotherCoa
  • Swiss-style militia instead

Switzerland has no standing army. The United States was meant to be the same way from writings of many founding fathers, including in the constitution (no standing army in peacetime). Technically, we are at peace as the war on terror is not a properly declared war. Even so, the army was not meant to be the international police, but the national defence within the borders, consisting of regular citizens called up when nation is under threat of being invaded.

• Yes yes yes

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.
    Yes yes yes,yes and yes yes yes yes yes yes yes ye sye syes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

• Its a nice fantasy, but this is reality.

I would say that in a ideal world military and war would not be something that we would have to worry about. That said it is definitely important to be ready. I'm not saying that we need to have a $500 billion military budget (I think that any rational person should be able to see how ludicrous that is). Reducing the military spending (especially in the united states) would be a good thing. Getting rid of the military as a whole is a reckless, illogical, fantasy.