• All the way!!!

The millitary goes out and risks being shot, and most come from poor families and cant afford to support their families. Meanwhile athletes risk a sprained ankle or wrist and they get paid more than the millitary!!!
    So i KNOW that athletes shouldn't be paid as much and the military should be paid MORE!!!

• ALL THE WAY

They risk their lives for us, but yet 65% of these wonderful men and women have to go on government assited programs to help support themselves. They should be paid more than someone who hits homeruns, scores touchdowns, or skates around on the ice for an hour. THEY SHOULD BE PAID MORE.

• They get paid less than us.

They should get paid more because practically any full time worker will make more money than them. Even if they get some sweet benefits it is just logical to pay them more because they risk their lives for us in order to maintain our feeling of security and for US citizens to be safe.

• Without them people like me and you would be defenseless

I am a proud supporter of our troops. I do not currently have any family members in the Army, Military, Air force, etc. However, I can only imagine the sacrifice that they are making for us, civilians, every single day. They put their life out in the line for people who they do not even know, nor will they ever meet, and expect nothing in return. While they are out sacrificing their lives we, Americans, are contently sitting on our fluffy couches watching, no praising, "professional athlete's." Some of these so called athlete's are making on a 4 year contract up to $100 million dollars. Now compare that to a solider who has been in the military for over 5 years serving our country, laying his or her life on the line, but can hardly make ends meet now that is sad. I support our troops and I will gladly and whole heartedly agree that they receive a higher pay.

• They protect the country and our freedoms

They risk there lives everyday to protect our freedom and this country yet many of them are now homeless and need assistance from the government to support them selves. We pay our athletes more money then our own military force and I find this extremely sad. Our military serve and protect and watch friends and family die in front of them yet we still pay athletes for our entertainment more then the military. We should pay our military personnel way more then they do now because they ALL have earned the right to live happy and be able to support them selves and there family

• Benefits just aren't enough!

I have been in the military for 5 years now. I have a 3 year old daughter and am married. My wife and I have one car but we both work. I have been stationed over seas back to back. I have not seen my brothers and parents in about 3 years. My wife has a job most of the time but fit to moving so often to other country's there is no job security for her. She is a school teacher but never knows if she will be able to get a job at the next duty station. It is really difficult to put food on the table when my wife doesn't have a job. I love the military! I really do! It is the only place that I know of the will let a 25 year old come in an go straight to working on helicopters!!!! With that being said it isn't easy. My day has enough stress an worry! I didn't get to see my daughter for the first time until she was over a year old and that brings enough worry. I do not think money should be this big of a problem for me and plenty of other service members. I know I signed up for it and I do really love my job!!! I just wish money wasn't as big of a problem for my family as it is. With that being said I will gladly continue fighting for my country proudly.

• Military pay vs. Civilian pay

If the military wasn't here what would stop another country from overtaking us, we couldn't because we wouldn't have anybody to protect us. They're the reason we have our freedom so let's keep them set for life. There is no point in keeping money from them when they protect us and let us have the money we earn.

• Why wouldn't they?

Its bogus to even think about not paying our armed forces more money they have now. Risking your life for your country is worth more than any amount of money honestly, but the LEAST this government can do is pay more to the men and women who leave the ones they love to make sure they have freedom. PAY THEM MORE

• Yes we shpuld

Well the millitary has been fighting for centurys. I dont see the congress fighting or the judical. They whine about there payments low.But if you look at the millitarys they are way worse then the goverments. We all know that the millitary are the real fighters not those bad excuses for leaders

• Yes we shpuld

• They are Paid Enough.

I am a strong supporter of our armed forces, and I have many of them in my family. Through conversations with them, I know a lot about the benefits and compensation they receive. Considering how our country is in a major debt crisis, I don't think it is a good idea to raise their salaries. They are paid fairly. Would a corporation give everyone a raise while trying to avoid going bankrupt? No.

• Really not enough

So basically everyone believes minimum wage should be raised to $15 but the service members should not get a raise. Typical E2 makes about 1500 a month. Ok now let's look at minimum wage with the increase.
    (15*40*52)/12=2600. O yea the kid flipping burgers definitely deserves to make a grand more. And everyone wants to talk about the benefits. You get a GI bill after 4 years, in which you might night or be permanently disabled. Garbage health insurance which is akin to obamacare. Which costs more than a million per person in America to bank roll. O and they made dental a separate charge too. Hmm sound totally reasonable that a burger flipper should make more than the guy who fight for your rights.

• Tired of the athlete comparison

Plus benefits, people in the military make more than enough money to get through the year. No one is going to say they make enough money. Everyone will say that they want more money. About the professional athletes, they make less money than they entertain people. What if we paid all military like pro athletes? So the U.S. will go even farther in the lead of the world's military funding. (The U.S. dumps over twice as much money into military than the next country).

• Younger enlisted arent wise with money

Most join out of highschool so all they do is spend their salaries on new cars n stuff. Im sorry but by saying theyll be homeless after enlistment is just a useless cause, they had 4 years to save money n even if they didnt advance past e1 or e2 they could easily have saved $20,000 grand which is more than enough to start out with. Instead like stated earlier all they do is spend their money n cry poor when they get out. Plus you can always get a job, dont let your pride of being in the military make you not want to flip burgers at mcdonalds

• Military Provides Sufficient Income

Having spoke to several people in the military and being aware of their finances, I do not feel as though military personnel should be paid more. Those people that I know in the military are paid sufficiently to provide for themselves and their families. While it is not a fancy lifestyle it suffices and puts them in the middle class income wise.

• They are Paid Enough.

• Their pay does not reflect their total benefits.

Active military personnel have a huge number of their household expenses covered by the government. These covered expenses, such as housing and healthcare, make up the bulk of a civilian's overall expenses. In addition, they get higher education covered.
    So when you remove all the things the government pays for military personnel, their stipend actually puts them farther ahead than the average American.

• Df hfjkbe j

K djf khjf mwegh fj cgef wegj fgewgfhg wehfg weg fjgk fjqg wk,hdetg jghdfj w3gejfgwjhgf mqjgfm dgvk hg ,krehjg hjkqh rejkgh kqherkjhg hjjkrhg jerh qjhkejhrg jhgk jqyehrlgtt qeryg,kherw ghekrgh kejhg kjehrk ghfbdf g g g g g g g g g g g gt yhw6hy w4 tyh wrthw4 t hwr t

• Fjg fjg fjg

Jfd fnjgfnf ffmjf fjf j jfjgjj fjj kjfkj kfjgjoeij jjgij oijgojir jjfgj jijifg jjgj jgjr gjlgrkj jkljgklj kjkljr gkjkhjehg hih ek hkrh hkhe hkh fhjkh ekjhjkwh jhjkwhf kjhwjkf hjkh wfjkh kjwfh jhwfj hjkwfh jhejh wkhk hhje jkdh jhw jkhe jh wjkefhk hfjkwh fkjhwjk fhwejkfh wjkhfkej hfkjeh fkjweh kfjhe fjkhw kjhwjkfhe hjkhw

• Hi hi hi

Hi hi h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h hhh hh h h h hh h hhh hhh h hh h h h