• Minecraft Fun, But Not Educational

My son has fell in love with Minecraft, but the first time I found out he had been playing the game at school, I was a little confused. My son has a lot of fun with Minecraft and it can be challenging for him, however, I would prefer that he be learning the basics while at school. I would rather my child not be allowed to play random games while he is at school.

• Minecraft: The Distraction

Minecraft, although may seem like a positive, creative outlet for students, is detrimental to the student in a school setting. Students do not have great attention spans, and if you allow them another distraction, there would be no feasible way to engage the student in the curriculum. If a student wants to play Minecraft, they should play in their own space on their own time.

• It's a distraction

Minecraft should definitely be banned at schools because they are a distraction to the students. Earlier this year, many people at my school were obsessed with Minecraft. They played it all day, everyday. Some people were also found playing it during class time, when they should have been listening to the teacher. So as you can see, Minecraft is a massive distraction to students, which is why they should be banned at school.

• It should be baned

I believe that can make kids lazy if they can play games right after school also they will have less game time at school and even less time time to do their Homework!!! A estimated 72.3% 0f students who play MINECRAFT at school end up not doing their homework. Most parents make their children do their homework and chores before games. While at school children do neither meaning they quickly can addicted to games and stop doing their homework as I said.

• It should be baned

• Minecraft should be at home

I believe that can make kids lazy if they can play games right after school also they will have less game time at school and even less time time to do their Homework!!! A estimated 72.3% 0f students who play Minecraft at school end up not doing their homework. Most parents make their children do their homework and chores before games. While at school children do neither meaning they quickly can addicted to games and stop doing their homework as I said.

• Why Ban Minecraft

Minecraft can teach physics, circuitry, architecture, and many more subjects. Think about it. Have a block be shot in the air and see how long it takes to fall down, then talk about gravity. The possibilities are "virtually" endless. It's a sandbox game so it's only limited to imagination. Thanks.

• It's to popular

My friends love minecraft. I hate minecraft. All they do on computer time is playminecraft. I hate that game. I am the only one who does not play minecraft because it sucks. Even ea is better. Even plant vs zombies garden warfare is better. They say that those games are boring. But they are not. And they have stupid minecraft faces

• Minecraft involves violence

Minecraft is not educational in an way it involves violence and its distracting and little kids could get scared plus kids may do stuff to hack or do stuff they are not supposed to it would get out of control!!!!!! And the teacher would not like all that.No minecraft in schools!!!!

• Mother against Minecraft

I see it simple: If any activity is creating to much tension, makes children hyper, or angry, or scared, or causing any kind of negative emotions, stress etc, this in not good for them. And Minecraft is like that. My children are always agitated when playing it or after. There is so many more ways to develop creativity in children in healthy, peaceful ways. Go with them to the park play with fall leaves - real fun and less stress. But it is easier to have them in front of the computer, is it not? Kids in front of any computer game are operating in virtual reality what is always producing tension. I think that fashion for mindfulness is more rewarding then fashion for Minecraft.

• I'm a Game Design student (Part 1)

Some argue that Minecraft, or games in general are a distraction. Realistically, anything can be classified as a distraction, whether it be spending too much time eating or playing sports when one may be studying instead.

It is time we started looking at games with a different set of lenses. In most modern video games (Triple AAA or indie level) players tackle obstacles that prevent them from advancing. There are goals which the player has to accomplish, but likewise there are also "distractions". If players are doing side quests, or hunting easter eggs, those would be considered distractions in regards to advancing the main goal.

However, interestingly, games reward these distractions with secret items, achievements, or more cut scenes. I think it is this point of view to which we should examine students - as players part of a game world. The main goal of course is to do well, but one can't say that they have to devote 100% of their time to academics - surely we wouldn't expect them to sit in the library during recess to work on that math homework, nor would we expect that they forego lunch to advance their writing skills. So then minecraft is no more or no less a distraction than anything else. Are there detriments though?

Well sure, let's examine the positives first. In Minecraft, players may play cooperatively with each other where they collaborate towards a common goal/against a common foe. There is teamwork and coordination involved.

Probably the most defining feature of minecraft though, is that it is an open world sandbox. Players can create, they can destroy, and ultimately the actions they take will affect the narrative that unfolds for them; they are creating and shaping a unique story each and every playthrough. There is this huge engine of creativity involved. And players are continually learning from this - they are adapting. Whether it be memorizing new crafting patterns, to creating innovative traps, or overcoming certain opponents, this is a skill that gamers share - the ability to assess the consequences of certain player actions.

Sure though, on the other hand, Minecraft may not teach anything academically relevant, but well, neither do sports. Sure, in Minecraft players can PVP and fight each other, but the same competition is found in sports. In fact, competition drives many games. If a game is too easy, player amusement will go down, but likewise if a game is too hard, player amusement will also go down. And we're seeing a trend where gamers demand tougher and tougher gameplay because they are adapting and figuring things out. Heck, even chess has been evolving for thousands of years. In fact, a new iteration of chess - CHESS 2 - is currently being developed for the OUYA console. Gamers are adapting in a realm that is always evolving and expanding.

• Mine craft... Not adistraction

Mine craft is basically math, architecture, earth science, social studies, and engineering all in one fun game. Kids not only learn about resources, they have to create arrays for building homes, and even much more. Now mine craft is not exactly the best school game out there, but it is also not the worst. It shouldn't be played for fun, but as a reward, which is great motivation.

• Minecraft helps me with math

Minecraft is math because when you oginize you inventory its math and you use math to get the right wood to get 64 ladders for your new house or how much wood to craft a wood sword(2 logs) or how much diamonds to get a full set of gear! BRO I WANT MORE MINECRAFT AT MY SCHOOL WHY CANT I HAVE IT HERE BUT I CAN HAVE IT AT MY OLD SCHOOL UGHGHHGHGHGHGHHFGHHHGHHGHGHGHGHGHGHHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH #MINECRAFTATALLSCHOOLS

• It has math

Minecraft has the best learning in it it has math survail sceince reading mineing and lava water it has crafting in it you can make wepions boats you can go to the nerther you can build houses uder and above water. In the nearther a bed will exploedand destory you

• Minecraft is awesome

Its awesome so it should be in school i want minecraft I want minecraft so join in and vote for minecraft the people who hate minecraft are stupid! Minecraft is alot of fun kids should be able to have fun in school while learnig so we need minecraft. Minecraft is fun

• Minecraft is awesome

• It should not because it helps your imaginnation

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• Minecraft is better

Minecraft is the best game in the world why would teachers banned minecraft when i was in school 13 in yonkers new york the principal banned minecraft in the school and whatever i played minecraft my classmates complain (in a complaning voice) NO MINECRAFT XAVIER And so i ingore them and snitch on the students and i keep having issues with the class.

• No it should not be banned at school

I said no it should not be banned at school because it mite help kids with math who are having trouble with math because just when you are building stuff it is just like math a little bit and it mite help them have a better under standing of math now.

• No it should not be banned at school

cca494 says2015-09-25T20:08:34.330
What IS Minecraft? Now, don't say I'm lame or crazy or anything like that, but I have no idea what it is.
cca494 says2015-09-25T20:08:42.070