• As long as you teach them how to use it, there shouldn't be a problem.

I think minors should be allowed to have social media. As long they are taught how to correctly use it then there shouldn't be any problems. For example me. When I first started using social media I was like in 5th or 6th grade. But before they allowed me to make my accounts, my parents taught me to be careful. Not to share any personal information with people who I don't know. They also taught me to be cautious with the things I post and to obviously NEVER EVER agree to meet up with someone in person. Also if anyone ever bothered me, for me to go tell them right away. To this day, I still use social media but still haven't had any major issues with it. This is all thanks to my parents who taught me how to be safe on the internet. So as long as children know this there shouldn't be any major problems. If there are, monitor the child's social media.

• Yes, but with proper educating of how social media and how the internet work, and what the risks are.

While I may be only 15 years old, I feel I should give an opinion on this.

Should a minor have access to social media?

If they're 5th graders or younger, NO!

If they're 6th graders or older, then I don't see a problem.

You just need to teach them how to actually use social media, and how to stay safe while using it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basic rules:

1. Don't give any person your personal information.

It's fine to give out your first (and maybe even second) name. Just don't give anyone your location or anything that can pose a threat to you or any of your family/friends; No matter how much of a "friend" they are, never ever break this rule.

2. Don't take everything to heart.

Just because you don't have many followers or don't look as good as someone else doesn't mean you're worthless; and most importantly, don't take criticism to heart and try to change yourself. There will always be haters, ignore them!

3. Don't do anything stupid for attention!

Just because you see "the kids at school" or "the people on the trending page" doing something stupid, doesn't mean you should. Just be you, and you should be okay.

4. Don't start drama.

Don't try to anger anyone, even if you want to. Just keep your opinions on sensitive manners to yourself.

5. Don't be an a**hole.

The internet is full of them, don't be one. There's no point for more of them to pop up out of no where, just be nice. Just know there is a real person behind that screen and you could be affecting them.

Anyways, I know people will dismiss this opinion and call it "invalid" because I'm a minor, but I wanted to give my opinion on the matter. Thank you for reading this, and I hope you consider my points.

• Yes. Absolutely! Totally

Kids just want to be free, and we shouldn't be the ones to take that away. If they want to use social media let them. If something bad happens, you'll know you made a mistake and you won't make it again. You should just know and let your kids know that you tried.

• Yes of course

. . . . . ...... . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . .DUH OF COURSE U ALL ARE STUPID FOR SAYING NO I HAVE 5000000000000000000000 SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS wHY SHOULD MY KID NOT? GO DIE IN A HOE ALL OF U.

• Yes of course!!!!

Everyone deserves to have fun, so if we students want to have fun, why not let us?On the social media, we can interact with others like us, people with the same hobby, some idol, people with similar personalities, people who live in different countries but are close enough to be a family… The social media is a place for us to find acceptance and other people who care about us. It’s a place for us to find our confidence. We might be glued to our phones, but we're having fun, we’re living a life.

• Yes of course

Everyone deserves to have fun, so if we students want to have fun, why not let us? On the social media, we can interact with others like us, people with the same hobby, some idol, people with similar personalities, people who live in different countries but are close enough to be a family… The social media is a place for us to find acceptance and other people who care about us. It’s a place for us to find our confidence. We might be glued to our phones, but we're having fun, we’re living a life.

• Yes, but no.

Allowing your children social media is good for their minds, personality and confidence. If they don't have access to other people who share the same hobbies and especially if they don't have many school friends. They can have fun with edits on social media's and interact with others like them. Its a place for them to find acceptance and people as quirky as them. Teens are glued to their phones, but they're having fun...
    There are many risks, if someone wants to meet them from the internet, DO NOT ALLOW IT. There are many dangers to this including the person not being who they say. But the exposure can help. Exposing them to dangers and risks makes them smarter in how to deal with issues later in life.
    I am not saying that social media is absolutely perfect and it should DEFINITELY be allowed, it shouldn't. You should be able to know their username so you can see their posts and followers accounts.
    There are bad people so you should know, or at least have enough trust in your child they won't meet those people, or stay away from them. It is a weird place knowing you don't really know what's on the other side of the screen.

• E-mail allowed why not social media

Most kids have e-mail addresses for school already . Aren't social medias are pretty much the same thing. Also , if children are getting cyber bullied they already know how to handle it since they have bin learning this stuff since 3rd or 4th grade . Plus most jobs include computers.

• Yes, teens should be allowed on social media.

Many negative things happen online, but if a parent allows their kid to be on social media, it is their choice to let them. People have different opinions, but I think that they should be allowed to choose whether they want their kid to be on social media or not.

• Its stupid a!

Cause kids can get on thing that they have no idea what it is and people will talk to the kids and the kids will be like come and meet me at the park and the people will take the kids and run away and never come back with the kids.

• I like chiken

I i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i i like chiken

• Why do they need one?

For many teenagers and pre-teens, they are led to believe that social media is a social necessity. They are under the impression that in order to be cool and in the loop, they need a social media account. Now, adapting to the times, teachers require specific accounts and smart phone applications for homework, grades, quizzes, tests, debates, or to simply contact them. It can be difficult to get along successfully in school without a device. This not only decreases perceived individual worth by creating an unrealistic ideal expectation, but also shapes how they want others to behave and look. It becomes dangerous.
    Providing minors access to so much internet content is not a good idea. Their perception of reality is altered. They have unrealistic expectations. They have access to addictive things that not even a mature audience should view. They loose the ability to decifer fact from fiction. They believe all the political jargon they see online. They stop developing individual and unique opinions. They perform less in academics when they get to college and are held to a higher standard. They get ideas about how to "quick fix" their problems. They become disconnected from the real world. They lack face to face interaction that becomes vital to successful careers. The list goes on and on.
    Why? Why do we need to change? This recent shift causes students to develop bad habits that they can carry with them through adult hood. They loose the ability to think critically for themselves, use printed resources, perform deep/critical/arduous/important research, and problem solve.

• No no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no non no no

• ABSOLUTELY NOT. It is only to dumb them down and make them victims

Children don't have the capacity to understand non face-to-face reactions. They do not need 24/7 stimulation. Their brains are not developed yet to take all of this in and understand what they are seeing. Why would you let a small child have access to something they can see x-rated stuff on so easily? They do not need the ability for adults they do not know to see their pictures and contact them. Parents only allow kids these days to use it to distract them, because they want their own phones so why not give the kid a phone to shut them up? Disgusting. Make your kid go out and play all day and actually be active and meeting people face to face. We are destroying the next generation. Literally, these kids are DUMB compared to the rest of us who did not grow up with this crap. STOP ALLOWING IT!!!!!

• Maybe its not the best

Even though kids are unaware of whats right and whats actually wrong .Social media isn't helping and their might be a small chance.L really small.Lets not ruin the future with nonsense ,you know like rappers or video makers .Those are the type of people who influence . The stuff they make or post is not very positive either so lets not let kids learn from that

• Its stupid a!

• Not a good idea😭🤐😵

It is way to dangerous because people eat tacos Kikkoiiikkiikk k k k k k k k k k k k k k k ln o o o o o of our ova o o o ovovoovovovov. O o o o o o o o o o o o o

• A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

A a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

• Too r risky

U j j j j j j j h g g g g g g gg g g g g gg g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g