Should minors be tried as adults for "adult" crimes like rape?

• Adult Crime Begets Adult Punishment

Rape is an atrocious crime. Age should not, in any way, change how strongly we punish that very atrocious crime. And while putting minors in prison may make them worse criminals, the fact of the matter is that if they're minors who are raping people, then they've already achieved an irredeemable criminal status anyways.

• Self explanitory really

If you are old enough to commit rape, your old enough to suffer the consequences. I hope the same happens to them all in prison, and I hope that poor girl and her family get the justice they deserve.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the life in prison for rape with 100% proof of guilt.

• If you are old enough to rape, you are an adult.

If you are physically able to and want to rape someone, you are an adult. That only makes sense. People that say that teens don't know what they are doing are wrong. If I understand what murder is, I am old enough to be charged as an adult. On the other hand, teens do have the ability and want to do things, but are still not sure how to handle it. They are like a drunken lemur with a handgun, just as dangerous to themselves as they are to anyone else.

• Yes They Should

Rape is wrong and should be given the strictest of punishments in all instances. A person's age should not be a factor in those types of situations. If you rape someone then you should go to prison in my opinion. It is one of the worst things a person can do.

• At some point, they need to learn responsibility.

When someone becomes a proven danger to society, regardless of their age.
    For example, the Delhi gang rape case in January.
    You cannot call a near 18 year old a child. A child who inserted an iron rod into a woman and beat her to death?
    A child cannot think on those lines! He is a mature young man who knew what he was doing. If he gets away he is a risk to society. He is capable of committing such heinous crimes again.

I don't understand how you can possibly excuse such things.
    Especially when the price is a life. Or the irrevocable violation of another people's body.

• Children cannot understand their actions.

I would first like to state that I am of the opinion that adult crimes such as rape as horrible offenses that should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. With that being said, some people are simply too young to understand what their actions are to be thrown in jail.

• It is logically inconsistent given to try a juvenile who is below the age of consent for rape.

If a person is deemed statutorily incapable of forming consent to engage in sexual activity based on age alone, it stands to reason that such a person is also incapable of forming the criminal intent to commit rape. That is because the crime of rape differs from other forms of assault because of the added 'sexual' element.