Should Mitt Romney have won the 2012 Presidential election?

• Romney got cheated.

It's unfair that the middle/upper class has to pay for the lower income people just because they do not make as much. Those people work hard for there money and deserve to use it upon how they intend. What's the point of working that hard if the government is just going to take most of it to give to lower income people who just want free handouts. Obama won because of free handout as you can see by looking on the map from inner city voters. Taxation has become terrible I say we tax left so we can spend more to boost the economy. [Coming from a 13 year old]

• The Is Why Mitt Romney Should Have Won the Election:

There is no question in my mind and in the minds of every single republican in the United States that Mitt Romney should have won the 2012 election. I understand that there is nothing I can say to change the unrealistic ideologic mentality of democrats, but please, listen to what I am saying. I truly do not understand the senseless and ridiculous logic behind putting Barrack Obama back in office for a second term. Here's a guy who promised change to the U.S. Economy in 2008. He swore that he would bring relief to the unemployment rate, but did he? Absolutely not. In fact, he did the exact opposite. The basis of republican-democratic conflict in America on the subject of economics is taxation, and benefits. What Obama knows but doesn't seem to act upon is, the U.S. Economy cannot be strengthened and jobs cannot be created by increasing taxes on the upper class, creating a non-affordable healthcare system, and giving benefits to millions of unemployed Americans who either cannot find work, or who are satisfied with an extremely low check from the government several times a month. This is a system that has to change if any stimulation is going to occur in our economy. Right now, the unemployment rate is around 8 percent; that’s roughly around 12.3 million Americans who are not employed. Not only the unemployment rate in America increased by nearly 3 percent since Obama took office in 2008, but now that Obama is back in office, this deficit may increase even more! I do not understand how the American people can reelect a man who achieved so little economic success during his first term, regardless of one’s political ideology. To me, the only answer to this question is complete democratic ignorance, and it is tearing apart our country’s economic strength as we speak.

• Lies, IRS, Sandy

Every time I hear people say, we lost because Romney wasn't conservative enough I see red. How historically and factually inaccurate can this be? I mean, in 2008 he was the candidate who was "too conservative". The fact is Romney HAD the conservative vote AND the independent vote... Just not where it counted.

Well, there were a variety of factors that lead to his inability to capture the swing vote where it mattered most, in swing states. You can look at polling data leading up to and immediately after Hurricane Sandy to get an idea. The tragedy gave Obama a chance to appeal to independents by suggesting he was out there getting things done (thanks Gov. Christie), when of course we now know nothing could have been further from the truth. You add this to the IRS’s extortionist involvement in the election which prevented grass roots efforts from mobilizing their base on election day in key swing states (the complete opposite of what the Obama camp was able to accomplish) and perhaps throw in a few mistakes from the Romney campaign and of course the momentous historical precedence against a Republican defeating a Democratic incumbent and you get the perfect storm.

By all accounts, the election was Romney’s lose in the days leading up to the election. Well, in the months following the election we all found out the hard way that the 2012 election was actually America’s to lose, and lose we did.

• Romney Loves America.

Mr. Romney is vs big government. He doesn't believe in continued handouts for those on the government dole draining hardworking Americans of their tax dollars. He stands for American principles -strong morals, strong character,and a strong work ethic. He practices what he preaches and leads by example. He has worked hard to achieve success and wasn't given anything on a silver platter. Mr. Romney is refined, cultured, kind, and a leader who would be respected by the world. He is an AMERICAN!!!

• Romney doesn't play blame games.

Barack has done nothing but increase spending, attempt to socialize medicine, and blame all of his problems on those who don't agree with him. Mitt Romney is a successful business man who, unlike Barack, truly is "down to Earth" and "in touch with true Americans". Rather than blame others for the problems he isn't fixing as Barack has, Mr. Romney is a morally upright man with economic and patriotic sense.

• 2012 election fraud

If the same targeting of progressive groups had happened or if conservatives were allowed to form and go after their base, the election could have turned out different. So let's just do it over shall we? I know that can't happen but what are the legal implications of manipulating a presidential election? Is there any way we can get through this without winding up with Biden as President? Was that the plan? Get a buffoon for VP so no one will want to fire you?

• Yes Mitt Romney should have won the presidential election.

Mitt Romney was a better choice for the election because he was just better and I think that Obama should let other people have chance as the president. Note to self that more jobs were left empty when Obama was president so in my opinion Obama equals bad, Romney equals good.

• This is a response to all of those who believe that Mitt Romney shouldn't have won the election.

Again, you democrats are just stating the basis of political conflict between democrats and republicans without looking at what's right in front of your face. Obama did not put forth a single economic strengthening plan for America; all he did throughout the entire election was criticize Romney's plans, which were all based on getting the U.S. economy back on track. Romney made it very clear that he would not decrease the taxes of the wealthy. The basis of Obama's argument throughout the entire election was, "That is not a recipe for America." The basis of Romney's arguments was,"Let me get the U.S. economy back on track." The fact that half the county elected a man into office who presented that kind of an argument is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard! The U.S. economy can not be strengthened by taxing the rich, giving to the poor, creating a non affordable health care system, and using every penny of government income to help pay for the deficit. The U.S. economy can be strengthened by strengthening all levels of industry, including building up big businesses so they can afford to hire the unemployed. How is it so difficult for you democrats to understand this simple concept. It's just plain ignorance. The bottom line is, if Obama continues to increase the unemployment rate and the financial deficit throughout his second term, every single democrat will be voted out of the senate, and the country will be under republican control, and believe me, there is a good chance of that happening in the next 4 years.

• This is why Mitt Romney should have won the election.

There is one thing regarding politics that pisses me off more than anything else in the world; it is the ignorance and unintelligence of liberal democrats. How, in the name of god, did half the country vote for Obama after his performance in the 2012 election! How the hell did those ignorant democrats not see exactly what every single republican saw in the election. All Obama did throughout the entire presidential debate was criticize every single foreign and domestic plan put forth by Mitt Romney. The basis of Obama's argument throughout the entire election was "That is not a recipe for America." He did not put forth a single economic strengthening plan for America; all he did was criticize Romney's plans, which were all based on getting the U.S. economy back on track. I do not understand how the American people can elect a man into office who criticizes an opponent who is actually giving a legitimate argument as to why he should become president. It's just plain ignorance. Romney presented economic strengthening plans; Obama took every single one of those plans and threw them right back in Romney's face! That was the basis of Obama's argument throughout the entire election, and the fact that half the county was willing to elect a man who presented that kind of an argument is one of the most unintelligent and ignorant things I've ever heard of!

• There are so many reasons why Romney would have been better for the country.

The biggest include his experience and knowledge in business, his problem solving skills in turning around failing enterprises, and his financial mastery with big entities. But there's something deeper that fundamentally sets these two campaigns apart. If you look at the overall tactics of both candidates, it becomes clear that the efforts of the Obama campaign are in general, significantly more devious, back handed, shady, and down right cruel, and made look rosy through media tinted shades. While, in general, (obviously with thousands of people involved, there will be some room for error), Romney's team kept their integrity, honesty, and values through the browbeating, even though the media made him look like a monster. I believe this comes down to character. Romney is undoubtedly a God fearing man, holds himself to high standards and morals, and this is how the country was built by our founding fathers. It says a lot about the population when these guiding principles are ignored and suppressed under popularity, and false promises. Romney should have won for the betterment of America. But America, as it appears, wasn't worthy of him.

• No, Romney was soundly beaten in the general election

Mitt Romney should not have won the 2012 Presidential election because he had many factors going in his favor, such as a poor economy, massive debt and high unemployment, yet still managed to lose to President Obama by nearly 100 electoral votes. Despite many polls showing the race to be much closer, it appears Obama ran the much more effective campaign.

• No because romney would have started world war 3.

Romney would have invaded the middle-east after the us ambassedor got killed. He even critisized the fact that obama didnt. Also, he would probably have started a war with iran and north korea. Russia would obviously get involved. Other tensions in europe would have risen and probably have small fights.And i dont even wanna know what china would have done! Hence WWIII.

• No, Obama had a more realistic plan

Romney's plans sound great, but are impossible Romney gave a very unclear stance of what he said. If he said something, he goes back and change that again. He gave a plan I don't understand by blocking loopholes? Is that really possible? He said by less restrictions, there will be a better economy. The middle class don't benefit from the rich getting richer. Also, that's the whole thing that got the US into the sub-prime mortgage crisis. He had zero experience in foreign policy, being president doesn't only mean being good in economics. He had a vague stance in everything and seemed to not really know the pains of the middle class. He made all of the shocking statements like 47%, I'm-Not-Concerned-About-The-Very-Poor.

• No, Mitt Romney was a terrible candidate.

The only thing that I really know about Mitt Romney is that he wanted to be president. Anything that he had to say or do to make that happen, that's what he was for at the time. He had no avenues to attack Obama because he held positions similar to Obama on just about every issue. Hopefully the GOP wakes up and realizes they need to do some soul searching.

• No, the US economy is bad enough.

The republicans over the past few years have destroyed the us economy by sending troops into the middle east. As well, mitt romney was born and raised a rich person, and he would have allowed the top 1% to spread the gap even further. Obama got the bad economy that the republicans left behind, and he is trying to save it. Mitt Romney would have killed it.

Anonymous says2013-09-13T20:35:44.937
There is no question in my mind and in the minds of every single republican in the United States that Mitt Romney should have won the 2012 election. I understand that there is nothing I can say to change the unrealistic ideologic mentality of democrats, but please, listen to what I am saying. I truly do not understand the senseless and ridiculous logic behind putting Barrack Obama in office for a second term. Here's a guy who promised change to the U.S. Economy in 2008. He swore that he would bring relief to the unemployment rate, but did he; absolutely not. In fact, he did the exact opposite. The basis of republican-democratic conflict in America on the subject of economics is taxation, and benefits. What Obama knows but doesn't seem to act upon is, the U.S. Economy cannot be strengthened and jobs cannot be created by increasing taxes on the upper class, creating a non-affordable healthcare system, and giving benefits to millions of unemployed Americans who either cannot find work, or who are satisfied with an extremely low check from the government several times a month. This is a system that will be in place for eight years, and possibly longer depending on who wins the 2016 election. This system has to change in America if any stimulation is going to occur in our economy. Right now, the unemployment rate in America is around 8 percent; that’s roughly around 12.3 million Americans who are not employed. Not only the unemployment rate in America increased by nearly 3 percent since Obama took office in 2008, but now that Obama is back in office, this deficit may increase even more! I do not understand how the American people can elect a man for a second time who achieved so little economic success over his first term, regardless of ones political ideology. To me, the only answer to this question is complete democratic ignorance, and it is tearing apart our country’s economic strength as we speak.